where we are now

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

where we are now

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:55 am

So my user name is Jigsaw Analogy, due to a small mix-up I had with blogger a while ago. But I've gotten into the habit of using it now, and may as well stick with it.

Who am I? Well, on the one hand, as my blog says, I'm a happily partnered dyke bottom. Which is pretty much true, in the overall sense.

But there's more to me than that (as there is with everyone).

I'm partnered to a lovely woman. We love each other and are committed to our relationship. Strangely enough, this does not result in us being constantly surrounded by little happy chirping birds who bring us the flowers of mirthfulness every day. Instead, we live a real life.

Yeah, I am one of the enormously lucky ones who has gotten a partner who went from being more or less vanilla to being willing to whack the hell out of my butt as a way to help me feel more balanced and secure. I know it's hard for her, although that doesn't always come through in my moment-to-moment behavior. (Nor does my deep appreciation of the work she does and her basic generosity of spirit. But 'nuff said on that, especially since at this moment, she's the only other person reading here.)

Part of that "real life" is coping with the ways that our lives so far have gotten us to where we are now. In my case, one of the most complicated parts is coping with my abuse history, and all of the worries about how this thing we do might be judged by outside people, based on that.

I'm also a person with Dissociative Identity Disorder, formerly known as Multiple Personality Disorder. So this means that at any point, I'm only speaking for one part of me. And outside observers who would know have confirmed that my younger parts behave in ways that are totally developmentally appropriate for their ages. I can't imagine how frustrating or bewildering that must be for W. (ReluctantTop around here.) I mean, she has to cope not just with a moody partner, but with a partner who periodically turns into the equivalent of a moody foster child. Maybe I'll make that more clear later, but let me tell you, it's a big issue.

I think that's enough of an introduction. If you want to know more about me, go read my blog :twisted:
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Return to Introductions