[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - TTWD - is it un-Christian?

TTWD - is it un-Christian?

feminist? Christian? Pagan? Athiest? Loving partner? Adult?...

if you let someone discipline you?

Well, I know that we *are* all of those things, or whatever else we define ourselves to be. But sometimes, we just need to check in with other people, and be reminded that we're not doing something bad or wrong.

Re: TTWD - is it un-Christian?

Postby Loveing Punisher! » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:57 pm

i was raised in church and been around it my whole life i feel that as long as we are not hurting anyone it should be ok, nowhere i have ever read or heard about going to hell for a spanking!!! if anything it keeps us all in line.......... :chapeau:
If it doesn't hurt , It doesnt count!
Loveing Punisher!
Rank 1
Rank 1

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Postby Disobedient Girl » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:17 am

Hello LP, and welcome. It is nice to see this thread revived.

As a Catholic queer, I am in the strange postion that if my partner spanks me I remain within the embrace of the church, but if we kiss, I do not.

As a believing Catholic I do find the contradictions in my life painful, but I cope by trying to focus on the funny side. For example, I plan to hear Pope Bendict (and a thousand other priests) say mass next month during his visit to England. Security is tight and you need two forms of ID. Think of the irony should I be injured in a Gay Rights Protest.

As far as I know the Catholic church distances itself from the hotter protestants who endorse domestic discipline, but do not actually say it is wrong. Do any churches condemn it? Do any, as far as you know, say it is mandatory?
Disobedient Girl
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b:

Postby bodack » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:33 am

bodack
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Meg » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:49 pm

I do consider myself a Christian, and am a church member.

I have two different...non-related things to add to this discussion. Rather than 2 separate posts, or trying to find some way to transition these two things....I will just list them

Point 1
Here is the thing about religion...churches, progressive, conservative, moderate, or whatever, are made up of people. Here is the thing about people. People love to stick their noses into the business of other, and people love absolute, clear cut rules. Rather than deal with the complicated issues of abuse, and marital relations in general, people, in general would rather focus on simple, concrete things, like whether spanking is ok, whether wives should submit to their husbands or whether all marital relationships should be egalitarian...because that is a heck of a lot easier than having thoughtful, difficult discussions in which there are no clear answers.

Point 2
I had a strange revelation this weekend. Now, I was raised by lesbian feminists...and mostly attended progressive churches...so I always used to cringe at the wives submitting to husbands language in the Bible. Yet, this weekend, I was instructed to write a 5 paragraph essay on what an ideal D/s relationship would be to me as part of an extended punishment. Anyways to my surprise, I found myself referring to Ephesians 5:21-33, substituting sub/bottom for wife, and Dominant/HoH/Top for husband...and it actually worked really nicely....EEK!!! And you know...the conservative Christians often cite the first part of this passage..verse 21 through 24, but you really don't often hear the rest of the passage talking about the reciprocal obligations of the husbands, verses 25-33, which actually makes the whole passage rather nice for those for in a consensual Dominant/submissive relationship.

Anyways, this may seem really strange...but, for me, learning to submit seems like a path of spiritual growth for me, and spiritual discipline of a sort. Sometimes, I wonder if this is just a justification on my part...but I think that there are many historical precedents for it. Do not mistake what I am saying...in no way, shape, or form do I believe that this is the lifestyle for everyone, or that the reference to the Biblical passage means that God requires such a marital relationship, but it kind of works for *me*, even though I am submitting to another woman, rather than a husband. As far as the spankings...that is just a nice bonus :).
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:30 am

You might be interested in Sparkle's blogs. Her more kink-focused one doesn't talk much about spirituality, but she's got a spirituality-focused blog that, you know, *does*. Actually, now that I think of it, a lot of the women who write for the Punishment Book have fairly active religious lives, and we seem to find a reasonable level of compatibility there.

And now that I think further, that might be a topic worth exploring in a thread all its own....

Oh, and the link for Sparkle's blogs: Kink related is here-- http://serenity.kinkyfirehouse.com/ Spiritual is here-- http://examen.kinkyfirehouse.com/
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Previous

Return to How can you call yourself a...