Nervous about new punishment

What punishments have worked for you? Which made you (or your partner) feel frustrated or resentful?

This is the meta forum, focused more on general talk.

Nervous about new punishment

Postby Meg » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:38 pm

After reading this board....Obsidian became fascinated with washing my mouth with soap. She thought it would be a good punishment for my bad habit of mouthing off to her.

I found myself getting really nervous about this idea. I think this is because I can not ever remember receiving this punishment, even as a child. I told Obsidian this, and asked if we could give it a trial run prior to a more stressful punishment situation...to see how I react to it, and how she likes it. Anyways, to my chagrin, she enthusiastically agreed, and ordered me to buy a bar of soap. To keep it real, we are doing it as a "clean slate" or "clean mouth" as it were. We have done this before, when there is a pattern of behavior of mine that we are intentionally trying to change, and setting a boundary that this is no longer acceptable. My habit of mouthing off to her has not been cured by spanking...even with severe spankings and cornertime...so even though this will not be for a specific offense...it is probably fair, and given that this weekend, I was particular bad, it is fairly appropriate timing. So, I guess the plan is that it will happen tonight after work.

I am pretty nervous about it though....and find myself thinking about it quite a bit.
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b: I am a real person, not a spammer
How did you find the board?: Through a google search

Re: Nervous about new punishment

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:21 pm

It was a very effective punishment for me around mouthing off. (So effective that W wanted to use it in more situations, but at least for me, it really was only effective for mouthing off.)

Make sure that you get one of the all-natural bars. They don't taste any better, but there's less of a chance of doing any actual damage (I'm particularly chemically sensitive, but I'd still suggest going all-natural in this, rather than risking blisters or other damage).

Good luck, and maybe you'll be fortunate and only need to go through this once. :pray:
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby Meg » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:20 pm

I got good old fashion Ivory...figuring that was pretty safe. I also ended up mouthing off a little again today...so, I guess there is a new recent offense to add...uggh.

I am SO not looking forward to this.
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:30 pm

Well, the good thing about soap (at least for me) was that after a few uses, it didn't need to be used much any more. Mostly, because I had enough of an aversion to getting it that I was able to remember not to say the things that cause me to get my mouth soaped.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby Meg » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:40 am

Well, the deed was done last night....and it was pretty nasty. I don't know that it was worth being nervous all day, but it definitely sucked. The soap was only in my mouth for about 3 minutes, and I can still taste it this morning. I think I would have preferred the worst spanking I ever got over another mouth soaping. Unfortunately, Obsidian liked it, and as I don't seem to suffer any Ill effects from it...except for the intended one of a really nasty taste in my mouth...so, this seems like this will be her punishment of choice for mouthing off.

You're right, though, JA, about it being effective. A situation came up this morning in which I would have normally mouthed off, a least a little, and I didn't because I didn't even want to risk another soaping tonight...and then I was able to handle things in a better way. We'll see what happens when the taste of soap is no longer in my mouth.
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:59 pm

W can't stand watching me get soap, and yet she uses it, because it's so darned effective. One thing I've learned is that rinsing with water, afterward, just makes things worse. I'm surprised the taste lasted so long, though, since for me it's generally faded after an hour or so. But boy oh boy is it miserable while it's happening. Heck, just thinking about it right now is giving me that awful burning sensation. {{shudder}}

And it's been months, if not a full year, since the last time I got my mouth soaped, too.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

Postby Meg » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Who knows...the reason it may have lasted so long may have been psychological...especially, as this is the first time I can remember I have ever had my mouth soaped. Although, from Obsidian's enthusiasm, it won't be the last... :eek: I do know that I earned a bedtime spanking that night as well...and even through Obsidian used the big paddle, I barely felt it...probably because I was so focused on my mouth.

Uggh...Obsidian *liked* it. I ended up getting a normal sized bar...and it didn't quite fit. She said she liked seeing it sticking out of my mouth. Darn. I guess the new rule is that I will be getting soap for mouthing off and swearing...although, Obsidian is still trying to decide the rule about swearing. I think that she feels guilty about a strict rule, because she swears a lot herself.

What can you do?
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:53 pm

Swearing is definitely not against the rules here. I suspect that W bottles up all the profanity while she's at work, because she has a thorough potty mouth around home. Actually, I suspect the frequency with which I swear now is due to her influence, since I didn't used to swear much at all (no particular reason, except that my mother managed to convince me that swearing just showed a lack of good vocabulary, and I have always liked to have a large vocabulary).

My sympathies on the soap... mostly, anyways. I admit that I'm just as glad to know I'm not the only one who has to deal with it.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

Postby Meg » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:28 pm

My sympathies on the soap... mostly, anyways. I admit that I'm just as glad to know I'm not the only one who has to deal with it.

Ever the bottom dilemma....I am really happy that Obsidian found a punishment she is enthusiastic about...but I really wish that it was one that was not so awful on my end. Of course, the fact that it is so awful for me is probably why she likes it so much...sigh.
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:21 pm

Yeah, that's the only reason W is willing to do it. It triggers *her* gag reflex, and she has trouble seeing me with the soap in my mouth. But she realized it was effective, so she keeps doing it. Maybe I should have her watch the "soap poisoning" clip from A Christmas Story.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

Postby Obsidian » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:18 am

Hello all. Thought I'd better introduce myself, since I'm being talked about. Yes, I, Obsidian, have been greatly enjoying my girl's discomfiture with soaping--and I plan to continue enjoying it in the future. :lol:

Love that scene in A Christmas Story; been thinking also of the mom tasting the soap herself--yucky. Glad I'm hoh. Have a great weekend!
Obsidian
Obsidian
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: Hello. I am not a spammer, just an interested person.
How did you find the board?: My partner found this site and sent me the link.

Postby Meg » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:09 am

:sigh:

Well...thank you, Obsidian, for changing your mind about the swearing rule at least.
:luvya:
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

Postby Julia » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:47 pm

Welcome to the board, Obsidian. So glad you popped in.
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
Julia
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I am not a spammer.
How did you find the board?: Searching Google

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:21 pm

Welcome, Obsidian! I hope you'll decide to come around more often.

And just to lure you back, I've got a public service announcement about the dangers of... SOAP POISONING.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktzt096mlxs
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

Postby TryingReallyHard » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:47 am

Obsidian wrote:Love that scene in A Christmas Story; been thinking also of the mom tasting the soap herself--yucky. Glad I'm hoh.

:lol:

Welcome!!
~TRH
"The pressure makes us stronger; the struggle makes us hunger.
The hard lessons make the difference, and the difference makes it worth it." -Fireflight
TryingReallyHard
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: Fourteen letters to say I'm not Hawaii's favorite shelf-stable pantry staple? ;)
How did you find the board?: I think I followed a link from TiH? Maybe?

Next

Return to Punishments