Caning question

What punishments have worked for you? Which made you (or your partner) feel frustrated or resentful?

This is the meta forum, focused more on general talk.

Caning question

Postby altbob » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:58 pm

I'm considering trying out the cane on my girl. However, I want to feel it myself first to best judge what I'm doing. I also have a much higher pain tolerance, so if I can't take it, she can't. There's a professional dominatrix I found that looks reputable I could get to do this, which would be effective, but I imagine quite expensive.
What I am thinking of doing is having my wife give me a couple of whacks as well as she can. I'm sure technique and to a lesser extent strength will affect the feeling I get, but will I be able to get a pretty good sense of what I'm going to put her through this way?
altbob
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: Not to spam, or relegate one's self to the lowest dregs of net life, that is the question.
How did you find the board?: Looking up BDSM, came across DD, then TTWD, and Google lit the way.

Re: Caning question

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:40 pm

I think that if she's willing to do a bit of practice with caning, she can probably give you something reasonably close to what you would be giving her.

My observation with the cane is that it's more about technique than about brute force, so she should be able to use it pretty effectively, even if she's not as strong as you are.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby altbob » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:41 pm

She's going to be very uncomfortable doing it, and once she sees what she's done to me, she'll be VERY unhappy. Asking her to do it me several times, so she can practice and I can be assured I have the most accurate data, would probably be more cruel than caning her myself. I'm sadistic, but even I have my limits. So I'm just trying to get an idea if she'll be able to get me somewhere in the range of what I'll be doing. I know there are elite caners out there which are FAR more terrifying than either of us will ever be, but I'm looking for an order of magnitude . Like, assuming your top learned on you, how much did the pain change from the first time she tried to her current more experience skill level?
altbob
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: Not to spam, or relegate one's self to the lowest dregs of net life, that is the question.
How did you find the board?: Looking up BDSM, came across DD, then TTWD, and Google lit the way.

Postby Meg » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:06 am

Obsidian is thinking of having me try *one* stroke of the cane on her, so that she knows what it feels like, and the thought of that makes me uncomfortable, too. On the other hand, I *would* want to practice first, if only so that I would not accidentally hurt her (beyond that which was intended, of course). While practicing would be uncomfortable, I would feel absolutely horrible if I really hurt Obsidian in anyway, and it is my understanding that the cane can do some real damage if not used correctly.

When Obsidian was learning, she practiced with a pillow and on the bed. Conveniently, we have a plaid bedspread, so that she could see where she hit against a straight line, so was able to see how straight her strokes were and could check to see if her was aim right. After she was comfortable with her aim, she tried some really *light* strokes on me to check for evenness.

I will tell you that, to my surprise, the light practice strokes DID hurt. Not nearly as much as the later real strokes, but I certainly did feel them. So, you would get a sense of the feeling from even light strokes.
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b: I am a real person, not a spammer
How did you find the board?: Through a google search

Postby FootballJunkie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Ok...dumb question here, but what is the proper technique to caning?
FootballJunkie
mmmm
mmmm

spam_b: I am most definitely not a spammer.
How did you find the board?: Google Search!

Postby Eayore » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:02 pm

altbob wrote:how much did the pain change from the first time she tried to her current more experience skill level?

I would say "a hell of a lot"!

I think the user has to 'want' to inflict pain, otherwise even a cane can be quite bearable.
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: What is a spam bot?
How did you find the board?: From the Punishment Book

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:22 pm

the thing about canes, imho, is that it's pretty easy to MISS. I often think I'm positioned well and J will tell me (respectfully- we don't have a policy that she can't give me feedback while I am spanking her, that's not our thing) that it's wrapping around to the other side in a way that's painful (in not a good way). She has a few marks from a particularly heavy caning that just haven't gone away in aaaaaages. I don't love that. However, I'm not letting it stop me from doing what I have to do, like I used to. :walklike:
W-Jigsaw's Boss

"I am loving, firm and flexible. Kind of like Lexan."
:cheesy:
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b: Still haven't tried spam musubi.
How did you find the board?: I married a(n equally) smart lady who made it.

Postby altbob » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:38 pm

Thank you W, that helps. I was reading the caning guide on how to practice that. However, I don't really care if that happens to me when I get it. I'm a big, sturdy guy. Pain happens, and I don't damage easily. If tip wrap happens, it's probably a good thing, because then I'll better know exactly how it can feel. I think a cup may be a good idea though.
altbob
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:16 am

It's not just about painful--more, it's about the fact that it does much more lasting damage when it wraps. If we're going to do something that leaves scars, I want it to be intentional, thank you very much.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby altbob » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:58 am

YES! I completely understand. I'm going to be the one doing this. So I need a taste of all the consequences then I'll feel better about dishing it out. Have you thought of using a caning guard? Like put a pillow up agains the side of the buttock that the tip comes down on, so if it overshoots, it spends it's energy in the pillow.
altbob
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby Lady Governess » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:52 am

Wrapping can cause cuts because the skin on the hip is pretty thin. It is also surprisingly mobile so if you get a cut it can take a long time to go away or, which is worse, keep opening up again after it seems to have started healing. That's a great way to get an unwanted scar.

i always recommend protection of some kind if you're just practising. I know it seems odd and looks a bit strange (OK it looks VERY strange!) but meybe a good compromise for you would be cutting an open box in the back of some old shorts or pants? That way you could get a small sample of how a wrapped can might feel but also protect your skin. It's a compromise that might work for you as long as the cane isn't applied too hard.
Lady Governess
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I am not a spammer. I eat spammers.
How did you find the board?: Recommendation from a friend.

Postby Meg » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:59 am

One of the things Obsidian has been doing, as she is still new at caning, is to place the cane on my butt first before giving the stroke, giving me the chance to give feedback as to where it is landing if it is not placed well. Once she did a stroke a little too high, which felt *really* bad, but I wasn't aware of that when she placed it either...but, now, I am aware of where the too high place is as well...so can say something. She also asks me to give feedback about evenness. She has not had any issues with wrapping, even with Baby Cane. I think that it has something to do with where she aims the tip, because she has talked about it.

(Btw, I have not given Obsidian any more cane practice opportunities since the speeding incident a couple of weeks ago :) )
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b: I am a real person, not a spammer
How did you find the board?: Through a google search

Postby Lady Governess » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:31 pm

amethyst wrote:(Btw, I have not given Obsidian any more cane practice opportunities since the speeding incident a couple of weeks ago :) )

poor Obsidian! She's going to forget how to use her canes if you don't do something bad soon!

:walklike: :walklike: :walklike:
Lady Governess
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I am not a spammer. I eat spammers.
How did you find the board?: Recommendation from a friend.

Postby PrttyinPnk » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:29 am

Sometimes I would love the idea of giving him a good wack with a cane....lol.

Particularly after a difficult discipline session. :impish:

(hopefully he doesn't read this before Wednesday night)
PrttyinPnk
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I have never been asked if I was a spam bot before
How did you find the board?: Lurking on el tercer ojo (annie/mija) blog.

Postby altbob » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:35 am

@LadyGoverness - Thank you for the box pants idea! That should protect me without her having to learn a skill she doesn't need. If she giggles too much, I'll just say "Fine, swap places" :weg:
altbob
Rank 4
Rank 4

Next

Return to Punishments