Query regarding lines as punishment

What punishments have worked for you? Which made you (or your partner) feel frustrated or resentful?

This is the meta forum, focused more on general talk.

Does cursive or print work better for writing lines?

cursive
63%
print
38%

Total votes : 8

Re: Query regarding lines as punishment

Postby Meg » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:15 pm

JigsawAnalogy wrote:My elementary school switched over to this horrible mix of printing and cursive when I was in 5th grade. I'd learned perfectly good cursive writing, and then was required to use that awful stuff for a year, which I suspect made me un-learn cursive for the most part. Then, beginning in 6th grade, I don't believe there was a requirement one way or another, and I wound up sticking with print instead of cursive or that stupid hybrid.

You are *supposed* to create your own hybrid print/cursive *after* you age out of penmanship exercises, not have it TAUGHT...for goodness sake! Bleck! Oh well! I really sound old now..."When I was young..." and all. :melo: :lol:

Oh well.

Obsidian usually assigns me around 100 to 200 lines of something that she wants to pound in my head. Obsidian tends to be pretty thoughtful about the *exact* sentence she wants me to write. For more minor offenses, she has assigned 50, and the most she has ever assigned me was 400 of a very long sentence...for a clean slate, major offense deal...which was part of a detention situation.

Obsidian *does* have one particularity, though. She likes each page to have the same about of lines, 25 on each side. If the sentence is too long for one line, I can do 25 on a page using the front and back side, but then it is only 25 per page.
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b: I am a real person, not a spammer
How did you find the board?: Through a google search

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:40 pm

The worst, the absolute WORST, was the time W made me write my lines on paper taped to the wall. Absolute physical torture.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby altbob » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:43 pm

JA - thank you! on the wall, that's a great suggestion!
altbob
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: Not to spam, or relegate one's self to the lowest dregs of net life, that is the question.
How did you find the board?: Looking up BDSM, came across DD, then TTWD, and Google lit the way.

Postby accidentallycrazy » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:03 pm

I haven't actually had lines set as a punishment yet XD Not sure if T is less comfortable with it for some reason (I *know* she doesn't ever want to use soap on me) or if I simply haven't done something to warrent her giving lines. But my handwriting is generally awful and being forced to write things out neatly would probably be a pretty effective punishment... Note to self, keep T off the boards :bunny:

I tend to switch randomly between print and cursive, though I know I was taught cursive in school. We weren't allowed to write in pen instead of pencil until we could do cursive XD I think I have to concentrate more to make my cursive neat, but print takes longer for me to write. So it would depend on how neat these lines had to be as to which was worse.

JA... Writing on the wall? Ooh, that sounds *very* painful
Last edited by accidentallycrazy on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
accidentallycrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: I am a real person and not a spambot/spammer
How did you find the board?: I've been lurking for a while over at The Punishment Book and reading back through the old entries. I followed a link over from there :3

Postby lana » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:46 pm

[color=#BF0000]On the wall! Doesnt that get your wall awfully messed up? lol Seriously when im in a long cornertime i would love to write on the wall or do anything Ive never had lines because my hoh never thought of it so faar and i want it to stay that way if possible.
carrie aka lana
Last edited by lana on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: I am in a dd relationship and wish to communicate w others
How did you find the board?: On a web browser

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:25 pm

She wasn't writing on the wall directly. I gave her a piece of butcher paper taped to the wall.
W-Jigsaw's Boss

"I am loving, firm and flexible. Kind of like Lexan."
:cheesy:
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b: Still haven't tried spam musubi.
How did you find the board?: I married a(n equally) smart lady who made it.

Postby lana » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:24 pm

Yeah i got that (that it was not really on the wall) and was just kidding around about JA making a mess of the wall because i was trying to be funny. Oh well...its hard to be humorous on the internet :typing: coz of lack of nonverbal stuff...
lana aka carrie
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: I am in a dd relationship and wish to communicate w others
How did you find the board?: On a web browser

Postby Meg » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:46 am

Speaking of lines, Obsidian and I were just doing a Harry Potter marathon over the weekend, and we just saw "Order of the Phoenix."

Thank goodness none of our Tops has one of Professor Umbridge's quills.

Ouch!
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b: I am a real person, not a spammer
How did you find the board?: Through a google search

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Yeah, I know people into knife and needle play (it crosses my comfort zones in a major way, but I'm able to accept that other people do other stuff!!!) and I could TOTALLY see a dolores umbridge themed scene.
W-Jigsaw's Boss

"I am loving, firm and flexible. Kind of like Lexan."
:cheesy:
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b: Still haven't tried spam musubi.
How did you find the board?: I married a(n equally) smart lady who made it.

Postby girlinneed » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:55 pm

Personally, since I write in print most legible and cursive takes work for it to be legible, cursive is more difficult for me and better for a punishment because like I said, it takes work for it to be legible, and if it's not legible, it's not acceptable.
girlinneed
Rank 1
Rank 1

spam_b: i do not spam or accept spam
How did you find the board?: online search for domestic discipline rulex

Postby PrttyinPnk » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:10 pm

The debate between cursive/print is a little difficult for me. When I was in the middle of learning cursive, I began doing calligraphy instead. So my writing now is a weird mixture of calligraphy, cursive, and print.....I don't know if I COULD do cursive now. I don't remember how to form the letters...I remember calligraphy, but I don't currently have a calligraphy set, so whats the point?

My honey doesn't really care about how neat my writing is. His writing is atrocious and illegible. He really only cares that I write every line correctly and that I actually write the number he told me to. Last time he gave me lines I had to do 60....it took forever. I wrote the first half wrong and fortunately when he checked them when I was halfway through, he pointed it out. It would have sucked if I had done the whole thing wrong.
PrttyinPnk
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I have never been asked if I was a spam bot before
How did you find the board?: Lurking on el tercer ojo (annie/mija) blog.

Postby pinecone » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:26 pm

Since my last post, I have had a couple of... ah... handwriting lessons. It turns out D cares VERY MUCH how the lines look. He is an artist, and a very visual person, so it's quality over quantity. For example, I had to write 14 lines a couple of weeks ago. Sounds easy, right? Well 45 minutes later, with a hand cramp and a crick in my neck (he'd hung the paper up high), I was told I had done my lowercase w's sloppily and had to go back and fix them. I have never been so intently focused on a single sentence before: "I will practice what I preach". Let's just say I have been religiously hanging up the bathmat since then, ha ha. Yeah, it was that old school handwriting chart paper with the dotted lines. Each letter has to be an inch tall, written in print and beautifully lined up with all the other letters, with 5 dashes worth of space between words. Ugh!
pinecone
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: i am def not a spammer!
How did you find the board?: i think i googled ideas for mouthsoaping punishments.... :)

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:51 am

That sounds brutal!

Maybe it's because I have issues with hand strength and coordination, so writing much of anything by hand is more punishing than it used to be, and writing on paper on a wall (or a chalkboard) would be even more painful. But I also recognize that writing lines helps to drill things into my head in ways that other punishments don't.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Previous

Return to Punishments