Should a wife be disciplined on vacation ???

What punishments have worked for you? Which made you (or your partner) feel frustrated or resentful?

This is the meta forum, focused more on general talk.

Should a wife be disciplined on vacation ???

Postby DisciplinedHousewife » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:01 am

My husband and I are taking a trip to England on the 30th of April and he recently informed me that if I misbehave while we are away, I will get punished just the same as if we were at home. I was a little disappointed at hearing this. I thought he might be more lenient with me while on vacation, but no such luck for me, unfortunately. He's very strict and never lets his guard down. He informed me that the paddle will be packed in his suitcase...and used if necessary. :(

How do other members feel about punishment on vacation? Do you think it should be saved until you get home?

I do. :dancing:

All opinions are welcome, please. :welcome:

Thanks,

Disciplined Housewife
DisciplinedHousewife
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: I am not a spammer and just want to explore the site and get some advice. Thanks.
How did you find the board?: I googled "Domestic Discipline forums" and your name came up.

Re: Should a wife be disciplined on vacation ???

Postby altbob » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:33 am

It's important to maintain things. Going in and out of DD is tougher and more disturbing. If he feels like relaxing rules that's ok.
altbob
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: Not to spam, or relegate one's self to the lowest dregs of net life, that is the question.
How did you find the board?: Looking up BDSM, came across DD, then TTWD, and Google lit the way.

Postby DisciplinedHousewife » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:58 am

He never relaxes the rules, unfortunately. I do agree that consistency is important though and he has no trouble there. I get disciplined regularily. Hopefully I won't give him any reason to have to use the paddle on vacation. I got it this morning and that was enough for me. Wish we could leave the darn thing home. :sigh:
DisciplinedHousewife
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: I am not a spammer and just want to explore the site and get some advice. Thanks.
How did you find the board?: I googled "Domestic Discipline forums" and your name came up.

Postby Nat » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:25 am

Liz is more than willing to discipline me when we travel, although there are practical considerations around noise which come into play - neither of us wants hotel staff at our door because of a "disturbance". So cornertime accompanied by quiet spanks and scolding is often the punishment.

But when she thinks it's needed she'll find a secluded spot - usually a park, or an empty area in a large parking lot - where we'll stay in the car and she can use the hairbrush as much as she wants.
Nat
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I am really not a spammer.
How did you find the board?: A link on another site I visited

Postby DisciplinedHousewife » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:00 pm

My husband really doesn't care about noise but once at his parents' house, he was afraid of waking them, so he took me out to the truck to punish me.

I just hope our vacation goes smoothly and there's no reason for him to be upset with me. Unlike some wives, I do NOT try to get spankings. They hurt like hell and I would never deliberately try to just bring one on.

I've read about these wives who have husbands they say don't spank them hard enough and don't treat them strictly enough. I say quit complaining. Maybe you'd like to try my husband's discipline for a day! I doubt it. And don't think that tears will save you or make him stop spanking either. He says too many husbands stop spanking when the tears come, wimping out, and preventing the lesson from truly being learned. I am usually crying for well over five minutes before my husband stops spanking. Sometimes longer if it's a serious offence. He knows real tears from fake ones too. I could never fool him. I have to remain over his knee with my red hot sore buttocks on display until I stop crying and then he lets me up. Totally embarrassing and humiliating. Not a position I enjoy being in. :(
DisciplinedHousewife
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:56 am

DisciplinedHousewife wrote:

I've read about these wives who have husbands they say don't spank them hard enough and don't treat them strictly enough. I say quit complaining. Maybe you'd like to try my husband's discipline for a day! I doubt it. And don't think that tears will save you or make him stop spanking either. He says too many husbands stop spanking when the tears come, wimping out, and preventing the lesson from truly being learned. I am usually crying for well over five minutes before my husband stops spanking. Sometimes longer if it's a serious offence. He knows real tears from fake ones too. I could never fool him. I have to remain over his knee with my red hot sore buttocks on display until I stop crying and then he lets me up. Totally embarrassing and humiliating. Not a position I enjoy being in. :(

You know, in a couple of your posts you seem a little judgy of "other wives" who complain, or have a different experience than you.

If I cried for five minutes after a spanking while still laying over my Beloved's lap, I would cherish that--I wouldn't complain about THAT.

Just goes to show that TTWD works differently for so many different people. :chapeau:
Nic

Sing 'til you're breaking glass
or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

My blog!
Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I don't like spam. It's gross. Meat in a can is wrong.
How did you find the board?: I found my way over from Punishment Board, which is a great site that you should all go see if you haven't already. But I'm too lazy to try to link it here.

Postby DisciplinedHousewife » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:07 am

I think you misunderstood me. I really don't mean to judge people at all...that's more my husband's thing and oftentimes I quote him. If anything, I'm the one who feels judged on this site. Have you seen my "Questions/Concerns" thread?!

A lot of forums are very cliquey and new people are often excluded if they don't fit in with the way other established members think things should be done. They have a tendency to put other people down or judge them if their life isn't the same as everyone elses. It's too bad. :(

I'm looking for a site with friendly welcoming and open-minded individuals who aren't gonna judge me...or my husband. I can't stand snobbery in any form. I'm a super friendly person and I don't think the vibe here is exactly what I'm looking for.

I have a feeling I won't be missed here anyway. We leave for England tomorrow. Cheers. ;)

Disciplined Housewife
DisciplinedHousewife
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:14 am

Enjoy your trip.

DisciplinedHousewife wrote:I don't think the vibe here is exactly what I'm looking for.

Okay. You're free to post here, but you might be right that the vibe here isn't exactly what you're looking for. It sometimes takes people a while to get used to each other, but you've said several times that you don't feel welcome here. I know there are a lot of discipline forums online, and I won't be insulted if you find that one of those is more appropriate for you.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby DisciplinedHousewife » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:50 pm

I really don't mean to come off as judgy at all...the truth is I'm a little jealous of the way some wives get treated. :blush: I know we are all different though and we have different needs. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I do think your members should be more welcoming though with new people so they don't feel like they're an outcast who's not welcomed into the group. I actually picked this place to join because your whole motto seemed to advocate a non-judgemental and accepting atmosphere to share and discuss our relationships. Sounded great to me. I barely get a chance to discuss any of this stuff with anyone at all.

I do understand that it takes time to get to know someone. I'm a very open and honest kind of person...easy to get to know. I have looked into other sites also and hopefully I'll find the right place for me. I might still stick around here though too. We'll see how it all goes.

Thanks about my trip. :)

Disciplined Housewife
DisciplinedHousewife
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby lana » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:09 pm

Please dont go Disciplined Wife
I hope you stay here cause i for one like your open friendliness and didnt feel at all put down . Also Im interested in seeing someone whio gets more strict punishments since i also get it harder than some.

I would NOT like to have a spanking soo long where id be made to come to tears each time or have to lay over my husbands lap for 5 minutes when i waanted to get up after it was over and be myself or maybe be hugged so i see where youre coming from. It sounds like all your punishments are meant to be deterrent in nature with no quickies, right?.

Ive never been punished on vacation but my regiment of DD is not as strict. Its just the 3 Ds. He takes a paddle in the suitcase and has threatened a few times to stop by a logging road and cut a switch. But he hasnt done it yet.
As a sub dont you feel that you can ask for a vacation from DD since its obvious your HOH has no problem with inconsistency?

Heres my welcome for you: :wagon2:

lana
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: I am in a dd relationship and wish to communicate w others
How did you find the board?: On a web browser

Postby DisciplinedHousewife » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:05 pm

Oh well thank you, Lana. You're a real sweetie and I sure appreciate your cheerful friendliness. :) I'll likely stick around but I'm not sure if you guys will hear from me a lot over the next couple of weeks. I'll try my best to pop around and say hi though.

Yeah, my husband is a total disciplinarian...all the way. Inconsistency is something he's never even heard of! :lol: If I get a punishment spanking, then yes it's ALWAYS to the point of tears. To be honest, the last thing I'm in the mood for after a session over his knee, is sex. I'm in total pain and bawling my eyes out. I explained in another thread that he doesn't want me to look back on punishment as being fun and pleasant. He only means to teach me a lesson and to know who's boss...and that's it. I explained things better, here...

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1625

Nope Lana, I can't ask for a vacation from DD. Wish I could...especially when I'm over his knee! :lol: He does not see this as a game and is very dominant and strict by nature. He needs it every bit as much as I do. He's explained to me that consistency is VERY important to him and that I need to always know that I can count on his love and protection. He doesn't want me to see this as some kind of game that we can play when we want...and I agree with him 100%.

We leave tomorrow night. He's at his parents until late. Normally I would have gone with him but I still had packing to do. I'm just sooooooooooooooo glad that I don't have to go to bed at 7 tonight. I didn't actually get to sleep last night until 11!!! That's over 4 hours of "reflecting". :grumble:

Disciplined Housewife
DisciplinedHousewife
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby lana » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:54 pm

DW
If i were you i would have been so tempted to cheat that im sure i would have. I cant stand being bored that long and id go crazy.

First tho id try to get it changed like i did with long ct. I finally convinced him it was counterproductive cause it made me mad at him even after i was out of the ct. If i couldnt get it changed i dont know whAT ID DO. i think id keep a small crossword puzzle nearby or a paperback.
Thats just me and im not advocating anyone else to do that. Just ii dosnt take an hour to reflect on what i did wrong and it is a waste of time which i would never get back

lana
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby DisciplinedHousewife » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Believe me when I tell you, Lana..I hate it. My husband feels that an early bedtime is deserved on days of punishment though, and that it's part of the discipline. A good deterrent he feels, to make me think twice about repeating bad behavior.

I wish I could sneak a book or my iPad but if he ever caught me, I would get into some SERIOUSLY big trouble. He would see if a light was on and he also checks in on me regularily to make sure I'm where I'm supposed to be.

I really hope I don't get into trouble on vacation because I will hate early bedtime even more then.

Disciplined Housewife
DisciplinedHousewife
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby lana » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:57 am

I hope you dont too, but for me its almost impossible to not get in trouble for something in a week. Most usually cause I am absentminded and procrastinate a lot, but theres lot of other minor things plus attitude so i ve only once had a week where there was nothing on his list for spanking night.

I guess im saying that on vacation it would be even worse to get early bedtime when there are so many things to see and do in England. I do think that unless it was a major temper tantrum or getting drunk or something, that i would think a reminder spanking could suffice so as not to waste the time you have together on vacation. Having that early bedtime or long ct hanging over my head would take away a lot of my fun cause I'd be afraid all the time of making a mistake or afraid to be playful or joking cause he might take it the wrong way (I'd be too much nervewracked I mean, worrying all the time i was doing something wrong)
Just my opinion-- but im not the one who is affected by it or who decides

lana
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby DisciplinedHousewife » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:15 pm

You're right Lana but I'm going to go out of my way to be a perfect angel. :pray:

I just don't want our vacation to be spent in any way but FUN! I would be devastated if I got into serious trouble and would feel the same as you...worried and anxious about doing things wrong. I definitely won't get drunk and doubt I'll have a tantrum ether.

Leaving later this afternoon for Toronto and then heading out from there. Hope to be able to post from my iPad.

Have a great day and talk soon. :)

Disciplined Housewife
DisciplinedHousewife
Rank 2
Rank 2

Next

Return to Punishments