Cornertime or Early Bedtime ???

What punishments have worked for you? Which made you (or your partner) feel frustrated or resentful?

This is the meta forum, focused more on general talk.

Cornertime or Early Bedtime ???

Postby DisciplinedHousewife » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:12 pm

What is used at your house, cornertime or early bedtime?

I would actually prefer cornertime but it's not something I get very often. I have to go to bed at 7 pm on days I get punished and there are no exceptions.

I read about someone complaining about being given a half hour of cornertime! I only wish I could get that instead of being in bed at 7 pm!!! :grumble:

Sheesh, some wives have it super easy and they're still complaining! :dry:

Disciplined Housewife
DisciplinedHousewife
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: I am not a spammer and just want to explore the site and get some advice. Thanks.
How did you find the board?: I googled "Domestic Discipline forums" and your name came up.

Re: Cornertime or Early Bedtime ???

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:53 am

LOL I'd SO much rather have to go to bed early (even at 7pm) than have to stand in the corner for even 15 minutes. I wouldn't LIKE either (well, actually, there are many days when an early bedtime like that would be a reward!), but given the chance to lay in bed for a while vs stand perfectly still with my arms behind my back...i'll take our nice, warm, comfy bed any day.

Sheesh, some wives have it super easy and they're still complaining! :nanana:
Nic

Sing 'til you're breaking glass
or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

My blog!
Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I don't like spam. It's gross. Meat in a can is wrong.
How did you find the board?: I found my way over from Punishment Board, which is a great site that you should all go see if you haven't already. But I'm too lazy to try to link it here.

Postby DisciplinedHousewife » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 am

Hahahahaha! :lol: Too funny!

Well I guess everyone is different because I'd take the cornertime any day of the week. I hate 7 o'clock bedtimes.... they suck! I don't ever get rewarded with sex on days of punishment either so there's no fun to be had at all when you're in bed and the birds are still chirping outside! Had an early bedtime last night and just hated that it was still daylight out and I was in bed. Not my idea of a good time at all. I could do a half hour of corner time with ease! :boogie:
DisciplinedHousewife
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: I am not a spammer and just want to explore the site and get some advice. Thanks.
How did you find the board?: I googled "Domestic Discipline forums" and your name came up.

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:18 am

Does it count as early bedtime if my body is rebelling and I have to spend the whole frickin' day laying down in bed, and my eyes are wonky so that I can't read or watch TV, and my body isn't working well enough to make sex a possibility?

And I'd say I'm lucky to have seated corner time, except that that's an accommodation for the fact that I'm not physically able to stand in the corner for more than a few minutes most days.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Sheesh, some wives have it super easy and they're still complaining!

I'm going to go into JB role now. You can figure out what that stands for.

I appreciate the light hearted silly teasing tone that this thread has, and I applaud you all for NOT taking comments personally.

I personally am picking up a judgmental tone that I'm not comfortable with. Each of us comes to TTWD our own way, and if you honestly have concerns about how one of us is doing it, be direct and call us on it. If not, respect that each of us has different limits and comforts, sometimes based on physical (dis)abilities or emotional needs/issues.

If you think someone's punishments are "easier" or "harder" than yours, fine.

I am also willing to be told that I'm being overly sensitive. If there's one thing I am (IMHO), it's consistent on WHAT I'm judgmental about. I want this to be a safe space, and I'm defining the safety as each of us owning our own discipline and dynamic. If you read me right, you will see that I AM consistent. If you're CLEAR and DIRECT about owning your consent, I will back you 100 percent.
W-Jigsaw's Boss

"I am loving, firm and flexible. Kind of like Lexan."
:cheesy:
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b: Still haven't tried spam musubi.
How did you find the board?: I married a(n equally) smart lady who made it.

Postby lana » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi Disciplined Wife ,
Are you allowed your laptop or ipod or books or kindle in the early bed time? With those i might be able to handle it but just lyung there trying to sleep I would nt be able to and for sure would end up violating it.
I did get bedtime at 10pm with my exbf but it was not a punishment. Still just lying there trying to go to sleep in the dark when i wasnt tired yet was vey hard for me and that rule he eventually modified it.) Seven oclock ?? UUUgghh!! Is this for a weekly punishment or for a raare event??

In cornertime the time goes by VERY slowly by with no talking or distractions allowed because its to make me think on what i did wrong. Also he supervises it so cant cheat like i used to. It is good for a short time before the spanking but if at the end a half hour is way more than i need and makes me angry instead of submissive since i feel like its making me waste my time.
lana
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: I am in a dd relationship and wish to communicate w others
How did you find the board?: On a web browser

Postby lana » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi JB
I was maybe one of the ones complaining about long cornertime (over 15 minutes) and i myself interpreted what Disc Wife said as light hearted banter-- not judgmental or criticism of my hoh or of what he makes me do.
[Just myself i like it when i find out different ways others are punished and i try to imagine if it was something i could do or not. Or if it would be on my hard limits list. ( Just so everyone knows-- if i ever say something is on my hard limits list its never to criticize what another couple does)

JB i DO appreciate you being vigilant about mean spirited, judgmental posts but i would hate to see everyone afraid to comment on a post for fear they will be considered too judgmental. I like to see what others think re punishments i get and is one of my reasons for being here cos i have no other way of communicating with other subs who have TTWD or dd escept over the internet.

lana
ps--I get it that mods are rarely thanked for keeping sites a safe place for all-- so i dont want you to feel like this is a put down of ur efforts.
Last edited by lana on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby lana » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:43 pm

JigsawAnalogy wrote:Does it count as early bedtime if my body is rebelling and I have to spend the whole frickin' day laying down in bed, and my eyes are wonky so that I can't read or watch TV, and my body isn't working well enough to make sex a possibility?....

JA--I didnt understand this? Do you mean your eyes are wonky because of your physical disability or because you cant go to sleep? Or do you mean having to be in bed the whole day is part of a punishment or due to the fact that you are sick?
lana
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby DisciplinedHousewife » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:29 pm

I've never been a member of a site like this so I'm not sure what all the rules are just yet. My way is to be blunt and outspoken. I've been reading a whole lot of information lately, on many different sites, and so when I commented about some wives getting off easy...I wasn't necessarily talking about this site and I most certainly was not referring to anyone specific. We don't know each other yet, so how could any of it be personal?

I was not referring to you, JA or JB. The truth is I know little about your personal relationship and I would NEVER put someone down for having a physical disability and saying they are getting off easy! Just the thought of that makes me sick.

I believe that it's an individual thing, and we shouldn't approach it like we all have to be the same. You were right to pick up on my light-hearted, silly teasing tone...because that's honestly all I meant to portray. I do not seriously think badly or judge others for their way of doing things. From my point of view though, so many wives who complain, actually have it easy. Or at least easier than me! :brow:

I will say that my husband can be judgemental and maybe sometimes he rubs off on me. I often write about his opinions and what he thinks. I do not necessarily always agree with his takes either but I still relay them to you guys.

I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings though. I really didn't mean to and none of it was personal. I'll try to be careful about how I word things. ;)

Nope, I don't get to use my laptop or my iPad when I go to bed at 7pm. No T.V. or books either. Just me and the bed. He wants me to be thinking about what I did wrong, with no distractions. On days I get punished I have to go to bed at 7 pm...that's the rule. It's not a special punishment, just a regular one.

One thing I'd like to say is that I dislike confrontational posts in front of a whole audience and think it's more appropriate to send someone a private message if there's a serious problem...otherwise it just promotes bullying and ganging up, where mean-spirited people can grandstand and openly trash others. Not a good thing.

Lastly, I think I'm going to speak with my husband again and ask if I can have cornertime instead of early bedtime. Somehow though, I don't think he's gonna go for it! :lol:

DIsciplined Housewife
DisciplinedHousewife
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:52 pm

lana wrote:JA--I didnt understand this? Do you mean your eyes are wonky because of your physical disability or because you cant go to sleep? Or do you mean having to be in bed the whole day is part of a punishment or due to the fact that you are sick?

My eyes get wonky, and I wind up spending far more time in bed or resting because of physical disability. It sucks, and kind of makes me long for the times when I was well enough that W didn't think it would be cruel and unusual punishment to send me to bed early. :)
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby DisciplinedHousewife » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:31 pm

I hope it's ok that I chuckled at your comment, JA! Just too funny the way you put it..."cruel and unusual punishment". :lol: Seriously though, sorry you're having health issues. I think it's good that you have a loving and understanding partner.

Over vacation, I think I'll try to get me some cornertime! Image

Not exactly how I mean... :banghead: I mean that I'm going to try to discuss it with him...exchanging cornertime for early bedtime. Even some of the time would be nice.

I have had to display my red butt after a spanking but it's not all the time and it's never in a corner.

Disciplined Housewife
DisciplinedHousewife
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby lana » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:50 pm

I have many times had to display my red but in the corner ( I think he likes to view his handiwork) but he does not do long ct anymore unless i do just a few very dangerous things ill get it again.
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby DisciplinedHousewife » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:30 pm

I've only gotten cornertime on occasion. My husband says that seeing my red butt arouses him so he tries to keep it about punishment and not about sex. When he's really mad though or thinks I need to be humiliated, I have to get down on the floor after a spanking, with my head on the floor and my butt up in the air, my legs spread slightly apart. It's a humiliating position, to say the least. :blush:

I usually have to stay this way while he's working at his desk and I know he is staring at me on and off. Or while he's on the phone or watching T.V. so he can look at me. Sometimes he'll scold and lecture me while on display too.

All couples do it differently though and some have sex after punishment. I NEVER get sex afterwards...but wish I did. He is usually very gentle and loving with me after though and I always know I'm loved...and forgiven. Sometimes forgiveness takes up to a day but when I get it, I find it's well worth the wait.

Disciplined Housewife
DisciplinedHousewife
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby lana » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:11 am

Hi DW
If you get these 7 oclock bedtimes for every single punishment spanking, how often are these?
Like i have a weekly spanking session that is for minor things on his list and id hate it to get a long ct for that every week--. in fact it would be pushing my hard limits and would in no way be good for our overall relationship.
As for sex--sometimes it leads to sex if its just a quickie and sometimes not-- but always theres hugging and forgiveness which is the good part of DD. The feeling of the slate being wiped clean.

Unless its a real serious punishment like for dangerous driving or speeding and that can last a long time and have long ct and loss of privileges but those kind are pretty rare fortunately.

lana :llama:
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby DisciplinedHousewife » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:28 pm

I get punished once or twice a week and some weeks not at all. So sometimes I have to go to bed at 7, twice a week. Sometimes too, if I've done something really bad he will give me early bedtime for a solid week! I dread this of course.

Speeding is a huge thing and I get severely disciplined for it.

Yes, I love the feeling of being forgiven. I hate when I disappoint my husband and always try to do better. He's just so strict though and it's a challenge to obey him sometimes.

Wish me luck getting some cornertime in the future instead of early betime.

Disciplined Housewife
DisciplinedHousewife
Rank 2
Rank 2

Next

Return to Punishments