Cornertime or Early Bedtime ???

What punishments have worked for you? Which made you (or your partner) feel frustrated or resentful?

This is the meta forum, focused more on general talk.

Re: Cornertime or Early Bedtime ???

Postby lana » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi DHW

OK I wish you luck. I never thought of getting ct as being lucky but i can see where you're coming from--a shorter period in the corner is certainly preferable to going to a strict early bed time at 7 pm.
Being naturally a night owl and easily bored, this would be almost impossible for me to tolerate. My hoh would have to be in the bedroom with me the whole time because he would know i couldnt do it nd that i would cheat w/o very close enforcement of it. With ct he can just watch me in whatever room he happens to be in.

You did mention that you had a humiliating pose to assume on knees and elbows after a spanking. Ive never had that except as a pose i have had to assume sometimes on the couch for a spanking. The most humiliating ct i had to do was holding a traffic ticket up against the wall with my nose for 30 minutes--with of course hands on head and barebottom as usual. I dont usually cry but i was crying from this!
Before I met my hoh I used to get a ticket and then just pay it --no big deal. My exbf also was very unconcerned about driving issues . My POV used to be its my ticket and I'll pay -no big deal. Needless to say this attitude i had, [after a lot of lectures re safety and after some memorable spankings and once even loss of driving privs] has changed.

I dont think my hoh uses humiliation unless he is very frustrated so this was rare. I am humbled by spankings and ct, but not feeling actually humiliation.Tho its definitely a good deterrent, I think the down side of it(humiliation) is that its at the expense of causing (for me)hurt feelings and resentment.
lana :ewok:
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: I am in a dd relationship and wish to communicate w others
How did you find the board?: On a web browser

Postby DisciplinedHousewife » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:34 pm

Ever get goosebumps on the back of your neck? Well that's what I have right now after reading your post, Lana. You keep mentioning about speeding...which I have had a little problem with in the past. Parking tickets too.

Forgive me, I'm all flustered and upset right now because something happened this afternoon. I've got to compose myself before my husband gets home. I'll write about what happened in the vacation thread...because it directly relates. Oh gawd what an idiot I am. :sigh:

Yeah, I hate that position where my butt is in the air. He usually makes me stay thay way for a half hour. The worst was the time I had to stay like that for 40 minutes with a $350 parking ticket in the crack of my butt. It was so horribly embarrassing and humiliating. Ugh, I hated that punishment. I totally deserved it though.

Gotta gather my thoughts for a bit...
DisciplinedHousewife
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: I am not a spammer and just want to explore the site and get some advice. Thanks.
How did you find the board?: I googled "Domestic Discipline forums" and your name came up.

Postby Huney » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:58 pm

I almost always get corner time. I have a bed time of 11pm on week nights anyway, and thats hard enough for me! I rarely get an early bedtime, and when I do, its normally an on the spot thing, where I'm just sent to bed in a moment of anger, but 9 times out of 10, he comes to get me a few minutes later when hes calmed down. Its pretty much takes a night of me completely ignoring my 11pm bedtime for me to be sent to bed early.
And I am super grateful! LOL. I have problems sleeping anyway, and can't stand laying in bed. On nights I dont have to follow my bedtime, I will stay up until I can't hardly keep my eyes open before I'll go lay in bed, just to avoid laying there thinking about nothing at all. LOL.

Corner time I can do all day though, and I do a lot of it! I'm probably sent to the corner an average of 3 times a night for a punishment in its self.... I spent my highschool years in a military girls school, so I standing still, straight up, with my hands behind my back looking straight ahead is second nature to me LOL. BUT, I admit that I don't ALWAYS get a lot out of my corner time. I guess from doing it so much in highschool, I can totally excape mentally into a story that I make up in my head, normally about me being a mermaid and riding a sea horse through the ocean... I dont know why, but I can vividly play this story out and stay amused for a long long time. I often have to catch myself and remember to think about my misbehaviors while I'm in the corner, HOH is helpful with this because he knows I tend to tune out my own thoughts....
Huney
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: I am not a spammer... Does that work?
How did you find the board?: Google!!!!

Postby Eayore » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:40 pm

Huney wrote:I can totally excape mentally into a story that I make up in my head, normally about me being a mermaid and riding a sea horse through the ocean... I dont know why, but I can vividly play this story out and stay amused for a long long time. I often have to catch myself and remember to think about my misbehaviors while I'm in the corner....

Except for the mermaid, sea horse and ocean, I find I have the same thing going on. The thing which helps in my case is that after a while I suddenly become very conscious of my physical surroundings, and then start to wish I was doing something else instead of standing in the corner. After that moment, I can focus on why I am there!
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: What is a spam bot?
How did you find the board?: From the Punishment Book

Postby muchinspired » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:46 pm

i find corner time to be nothing short of hell. i usually wish i could pick at the paint, but instead end up standing there with my arms crossed, counting the seconds as i wait for it to be over. i only get corner time after spankings right now, but i have a good feeling that i'll be getting them before spankings/other punishments more often. simply because corner time should be time for reflection and/or, because i feel like it adds to the spanking, anxiety. but, you know, i'd still rather take corner time than going to bed early. i despise going to bed early.
"Tuna belongs in the sea. I was just helping it be free.”

Matthew, Cabin Fever

http://rolfandranger.blogspot.com/
muchinspired
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: maybe my Top has an account and i'm just being a bit snoopy?
How did you find the board?: ... R told me about it so i took a look.

Postby lana » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:07 pm

Huney wrote:I almost always get corner time. I have a bed time of 11pm on week nights anyway, and thats hard enough for me! I rarely get an early bedtime, and when I do, its normally an on the spot thing, where I'm just sent to bed in a moment of anger, but 9 times out of 10, he comes to get me a few minutes later when hes calmed down. Its pretty much takes a night of me completely ignoring my 11pm bedtime for me to be sent to bed early.
And I am super grateful! LOL. I have problems sleeping anyway, and can't stand laying in bed. On nights I dont have to follow my bedtime, I will stay up until I can't hardly keep my eyes open before I'll go lay in bed, just to avoid laying there thinking about nothing at all. LOL.

Corner time I can do all day though, and I do a lot of it! I'm probably sent to the corner an average of 3 times a night for a punishment in its self.... I spent my highschool years in a military girls school, so I standing still, straight up, with my hands behind my back looking straight ahead is second nature to me LOL. BUT, I admit that I don't ALWAYS get a lot out of my corner time. I guess from doing it so much in highschool, I can totally excape mentally into a story that I make up in my head, normally about me being a mermaid and riding a sea horse through the ocean... I dont know why, but I can vividly play this story out and stay amused for a long long time. I often have to catch myself and remember to think about my misbehaviors while I'm in the corner, HOH is helpful with this because he knows I tend to tune out my own thoughts....

I can really identify with laying in bed not being able to sleep], Huney. I am allowed to read a book or do scrabble on my ipod before i actually fall asleep and my hoh wears his sleep mask. Just laying there TRYING to fall asleep has the opposite effect where i cant fall asleep no matter how tired i am! lol

Eeyore and Huney, I wish i could zone out like that in the corner. It is after a few minutes like water torture listening to the clock tick and wondering when ill get out. and i have been many times spanked again for not obeying the ct rules or asking him too much when i will get out. Once I actually cheated in the corner by doing a crossword that was on the table nearby in my head lol.
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby artlover » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Some of these "corner time mental exercises" remind me a little of something I remember from graduate school. There was a Russian dissident named Vladimir Bukovsky, who wrote a book I believe was called "To build a castle." He was often placed in solitary, and to keep from going mad he built a castle in his head, furnishing each room, etc., to keep his mind occupied.
artlover
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I am most certainly not a spammer
How did you find the board?: I was googling around and there you were!

Postby lana » Fri May 04, 2012 11:28 pm

Art lover, thats the exact reason why i objected so much to a really long cornertime. After about 5 or 10 minutes I feel remorse and submissive and ready mentally for the spanking, But after that point it goes ssouth and is counterpriductive (that is if you view DD as something that is meant to imoprove your relationship which i do).

I mean my hoh causing me to feel frustration anger and resentment that he is making me do this JUST because he can when the spanking is already over. Also the timimg got in the way of the reconnection part that I think is vital for Dd to work.
It took a long while but my hoh finally agreed to no more long after-spanking cornertime--just one at the beginning of the spanking i need to serve to get me focused and submissive feeling. (Except for the exception i said before) But it took the knowledge that it was a hard limit to make him see. If anything was asked that he knows is on my hard limit list I would obey him and do it-- but afterwards Id call a halt to the DD and a big discussion about it and how it made me feel would occur and wed have to be back on the same page again before we'd start up DD again.

Some prolly call that topping from the bottom but i think of it as communication
lana :ewok:
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Previous

Return to Punishments