[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - Hand Strapping/caning

Hand Strapping/caning

What punishments have worked for you? Which made you (or your partner) feel frustrated or resentful?

This is the meta forum, focused more on general talk.

Hand Strapping/caning

Postby Mentorjim » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Does anyone have experience with these punishments (giving or receiving). I've never caned my wife. I am looking for a new punishment to address some particularly bad behavior. I have strapped her bottom many times. Which is "worse" the hand or the botto? I know the cane can leave marks on the bottom but what about the hand? Does it mark? How severely and how long does it last? Thanks for your help.
Jim
Mentorjim
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Re: Hand Strapping/caning

Postby lana » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Ive had caning but not hand strapping. My thing to say about caning is for the hoh to practice your aim on a pillow first and dont pull the cane all the way back. Another thing that my hoh did when we started was he wrapped a velvet velour throw blanket around my hips and thighs to prevent wrapping or stray marks. ( I get caned on lying on a pillow on the couch or the bed)
My other suggestion is to have the sub count the number out so as to indicate when she is in place and ready for the next stroke. It can take some seconds to get back into position. All these things will help to prevent cuts or wrap marks.
Mostly ive gotten red marks with the occasional welt that lasted a long time. The Delrin cane is by far the whippiest and ouchiest. The rattan ones didnt last long but then we didnt keep them wet or anything
JMO
lana
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b:

Postby artlover » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:15 pm

I don't know, but I would be afraid of doing damage to the hand with a hand strapping. .

Of course, I also don't "get" hand strapping. To me, the bottom and thighs seem almost designed for discipline. And they look so lovely pinked up, or with marks. The hands, I don't see it
artlover
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby Homebody » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:57 am

First off I'll be straight and say I have no experience with this activity, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

That said, there are a few factors to consider based on physics and physiology. The likelihood of bruising is moderate, so I would definitely factor that in. Is it problematic for her hands to be covered in bruises for a few days?

The second, and probably most important, factor to consider is mass of the implement. any significant mass moving at that velocity could potentially damage joints. I'd recommend either striking only the palms or using a very lightweight implement. Something very thin, flat and wide would be ideal I would think. Rulers (a classic of course), paint stirrers, etc.

My two cents, hope it helps. Feel free to provide feedback on how it goes if you feel so inclined, I'm curious of the results.
Homebody
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b:

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:41 pm

we are very private with ttwd so I would avoid hands because of marks. That said, I'd want to ask a doctor about safety. Kink friendly doctors DO EXIST... I really wish I could get a few on the board.

Now that I think about it, I know some nurse types that if I was willing to talk about ttwd with them I think they'd be good resources.

"I am loving, firm and flexible. Kind of like Lexan."
:cheesy:
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b:

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:43 pm

hm, or maybe I will post on fetlife.

"I am loving, firm and flexible. Kind of like Lexan."
:cheesy:
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b:

Postby Lady Governess » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:39 am

I can offer some insight here if it is still required. i won't go into details at this point because the post is so old but will be happy to write something up if it's still wanted.

:rubhands:
Lady Governess
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby Eayore » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:24 pm

Lady Governess, I think any insight from you would be welcome - especially on this subject.
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Lady Governess » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:35 pm

Oh Eeyore! You are so very encouraging....not that I need much encouragement to talk about how to wield an implement!

So punishment on the hands - where to start?

Firstly, I should say that a bottom having his/her hands strapped or caned needs to have a certain amount of self control. If they are going to start moving their hands or pulling them away at the moment of impact you will have a situation that turns into either:

1. A farce (constantly moving their hand while the top gets ever more irate and potentially starts adding penalty stokes till they have to give 2,000 strokes or something equally farcical); or

2. Something potentially dangerous (because hand punishments need to be accurate).

I can't emphasise enough how difficult it can be to stand with your hand out looking into the eyes of someone who is about to let off a firecracker on your palm! So, if your bottom is very nervous or very sensitive or very 'bratty' and would play games with you, or very new to discipline, or even just unable to control themselves, stick with smacking their butt or other parts where they can't see what's going on.

Secondly, realise that you will be staring into the face of someone you are hurting and the pain will be demonstrated in their eyes/face just a few feet away from your face. That can be tough to take. There is a level of silent but intense communication that goes on in moments like this so be very sensitive and very determined. If you think you, as a top, are going to waver in your commitment to cause pain and watch it 'up close and personal' then, once again, don't do it - find another way.

So assuming you have decided that you have what it takes to go through with it AND that your bottom is able to accept it, how do you do it?

Strapping

Use a light to medium weight tawse. It needs to be not too heavy (to avoid excessive or too deep a bruise) and not wider than the width of the palm. I use a lightweight John J. Dick Lochgelly tawse. Don't let the "lightweight" thing deceive you! A JJ Dick tawse is at least a step up from just about any other tawse you will find on the market today. They hurt like the blazes!

You can get an equivalent from for about £30. If you're only going to get one strap I'd recommend the TWO TAIL LOCHGELLY STYLE TAWSE (Medium) at £27.50. That may seem like a lot to some people but, believe me, you only need to buy one in your entire lifetime because they just get better with age. These tawses, if treated with respect, could be handed down through the generations (as was always the custom in days of yore). Just don't get it wet or let it dry out on top of a radiator. Keep it in a cool, dry place - like a drawer - and it will go on for decades.

If you don't fancy MC Customs go some place else BUT beware of laminated versions that look good for a while but after a time the layers of thin leather that have been stuck together have a tendency to separate as the glue dries out and the whole thing becomes useless.

Now stand your bottom in front of you with his/her palm held out in front of them. Make sure their thumb is stuck out at right angles to their palm so as to minimise the chance of it being hit by mistake if your aim is a little off. The palm needs to be stretched flat and taut. If it is held in a relaxed position you will hit the tips of the fingers and possibly one narrow line at the heel of the hand. You want as much of the strap as possible to contact as much of the palm as possible - that will make a fine burning sting but not put too much stress on any one spot.

If you are at all worried about your accuracy you might want to consider using the sleeve of a sweater, a wide watch strap or even a leather cuff (or whatever you have) to cover the bottom's wrist. That will prevent damage in that area, add to your confidence and let the bottom concentrate on the palm pain rather than worrying about mishaps.

Some people also prefer to have the bottom support the hand to be strapped with their other hand - having one hand on top of the other. In some cases this can help reduce or stop the bottom from withdrawing or moving the hand. Personally, I don't allow it but some of you might like it.

Now hold the handle of the strap firmly and put the tail end over the top of your shoulder so that it trails down your back. Keeping your upper arm (down to the elbow) tucked into your side, you can bring your hand in a straight line down towards your toes. Keep your body straight and move ONLY the lower half of your arm from elbow down to your hand. It's a very economical movement for the top but the length of the strap will do the work. You are not trying to "hit hard" - you are trying to "move fast". The faster your arm movement, the more it will hurt.

If you do it this way you will give your bottom's palm and fingers a stinging slap followed by a slight (very slight) friction burn as the leather impacts and then slides off of the hand. One of these strokes is often a good warning or 'wake up' punishment. Most people will give perhaps between three and 6 strokes. I once got 18 (but then I'm a bit mad!). Certainly in most cases 6 properly delivered strokes like this ought to give a hot and stingy palm with some red to pink colouration but nothing to suggest it was done by a tawse. It looks as if you have had your hands in front of the fire or in hot water so should be easy to explain away.

Does this hurt more than a spanking on the butt?

That will vary based on a lot of things - most specifically things like the skin quality of the hand (gardeners and bricklayers will probably find it less painful than accountants and beauticians); the temperature of the hand (it always hurts more when your hand is cold); the psychology of the bottom (fear sets a bottom's nerves racing!); and, believe it or not, most ladies have varying reactions depending on where they are in their monthly cycle. (I have no idea if men have the same variations on a monthly basis!)

My own feeling is that comparing strapping on the hands with strappings on the butt is like comparing apples with oranges. They're just very different. 90% of the people I know would beg me to leave their hands alone and stick with the butt. But I'm evil - so sue me! Personally, I can take hand strappings all day long but my butt screams for mercy after 3 strokes with the JJ Dick strap I mentioned earlier. Horses for courses and all that.

Caning on the hands

The technique here is different from that used with a strap. And it's much harder to accomplish so before you attempt it PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.

Assuming you are right handed, stand your bottom on your right side. This is surprisingly hard to explain so bear with me! Imagine there is a square painted on the floor. You stand with your toes touching one side of it facing the centre. You have your bottom stand with his/her toes touching the side that is at right angles to your edge, also facing into the centre of the square. When the bottom sticks his/her right hand out (with a straight arm and palm upward) their hand should be directly in front of your right hand (and cane) with the thumb pointing away from you. Does that make sense? I hope so!

Make sure the bottom has his/her thumb stuck right out at right angles (as with the strap) to avoid the possibility of being hit with the cane if at all possible.

This position is good because the cane is as far away from the bottom's body as possible and the sensitive thumb (which you want to avoid hitting) is also as out of the way as possible. Don't try to cane someone when they are facing you because if you land the cane between two fingers it is easy to cut the delicate skin there. You want to cane across the width of the palm, not along the length of the hand.

If you use a cane regularly, it is a relatively simple thing to adjust your stroke to hit downwards rather that sideways on but even experts at horizontal caning on a (relatively larger) butt will need to practice vertical caning on a (very much smaller) hand. the tip of the cane should land at - but never past - the edge of the palm. this will help prevent accidents, preserve your cane and (the bit I like best) hurt more. :rubhands:

The cane itself should ideally be light and stingy but not extremely narrow. Something like a junior cane (5-7mm diameter) is perfect. And I hope I am preaching to the converted when I say use RATTAN for this. Delrin, acrylic, and (heaven forfend) bamboo are all either too weighty and dense (please remember there are lots of small and delicate bones in a hand) or (in the case of bamboo) prone to slicing skin.

Again, the number to deliver will vary but I'd say 6 is usually the top end. Unlike a strapping you are going to create up to 6 bright red parallel lines across a palm and possibly the fingers if the cane wanders. That's much less easy to explain than a bit of redness and it will last much longer.

Does this help at all? I hope it adds something to the conversation. Have lots of fun and BE SAFE!

Happy reading, Eeyore, my friend. And happy palm rubbing! :rubhands: :rubhands: :rubhands:
Lady Governess
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby Eayore » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:29 pm

Thank you very much for this highly informative advice, which I am sure will be great help to tops everywhere.

My own experienece of being punished on the hand as a bottom (or should that be 'as a hand'; I never quite know which meaning of bottom is the predominant one) is restricted to (a) wooden spoons, mainly in the kitchen, and (b) attempted self-punishment with a JJ Dicks tawse (marked XH), and a junior-style rattan cane. So I have never experienced the kind of punishment you describe here, but I gladly confess the mere thought of it terrifies me. I think I would also choose to be caned on the behind rather than on the hand, if I were ever offered the choice that is... although perhaps I would like to try it once, purely out of curiosity.

May I ask, have you ever had occasion to give a caning on both hands (e.g. 3 strokes on one hand, followed by 3 on the other)? If you did, would you have the bottom move over to your left side, so the left thumb would be pointed away from you? Or is there no practical advantage in punishing on 2 hands rather than one?
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Lady Governess » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:57 am

Questions, questions, questions!

My preference is always for strapping on the hands rather than caning. When I do cane on the hands it is generally within a "school type" scenario. Since that is the case, I use the very traditional English/prep school paradigm. That is, scholars need to write with one or the other hand and a 6 stroke caning makes that very difficult. As a result, a caning is rarely delivered to both hands on the same occasion. If that is required then, yes, one of you would have to move. If space allows, though, I recommend the top do the moving rather than the bottom. It's a funny thing but a hand caning has a certain kind of "rabbit in the headlights" quality to it for the bottom. I think maybe the pain in the hand is often so concentrated and intense that it dominates the mind and the rest of the body seems to melt away into insignificance! Whatever the reason, once you start a caning, having the bottom move is not the best idea. Keep the bottom standing as still as possible concentrating exclusively on the palm of their hand. Do the moving around yourself. Use the occasion to flex the cane menacingly or to swish it through the air a few times just for fun!!!

Of course, there's no such problem with strapping - another reason why I prefer it.

Am I scaring you yet, Eeyore? How about if I mention I'm going to be in Shirley and Epsom over Christmas?

Bwa-Hah-Hah! :rubhands: :rubhands: :rubhands:
Lady Governess
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby blackbird » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:29 am

Oh my GOD!!

I am totally riveted by your detailed exposition, Lady Governess. What fantastic enjoyment you must be getting from toying with our lovely Eeyore....

Now put him down. He loves cats and is much too terrified to be turned over by a real dominatrix... have mercy!!!!!

(I particularly love the part when you describe being able to look into their eyes as you inflict the pain.... Phwoar!!)

Blackbird
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"

Oscar Wilde
blackbird
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Return to Punishments