[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - Bots

Bots

What is this board about? What are the guidelines? This is also where I'll post general announcements about things that are going on with the board.

Bots

Postby Julia » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Did you know that the Yahoo bot and the Google bot are both counted as registered users of the forum? We're being watched!
:owl:
Julia
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Re: Bots

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:30 pm

It's ok. Having them registered for "bot access" means that the forum shows up on search engines.

Of course, it's also true that there are a lot of members of the board who never post, which I would find more worrisome than the bots. Bots only work in the digital world.

(Wait. Am I going to make people too nervous to post anything at all?)

:weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird:
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby KSK » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Well, I never post but I've been lurking for a couple of months. I don't post because I considered myself just curious about TTWD. I'm not in a DD relationship, I don't think that's exactly what I would want and I'm spanish and my english is not that good. I understand pretty much everything that I read but writing is more difficult for me. But I've been thinking of delurk and just say hi. I think I'm gonna go to introduct myself. I think that will be my only post, though, cause really, I don't have a lot of things to say. Hope this is okay. I really find interesting what I read in this forum.
Not the strong silent type.
KSK
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:32 pm

Welcome to posting! I don't actually mind that there are people who are members but don't post. I just stay aware of the fact that we don't know everyone who is a member of the board, and who has access to what we say.

I'm glad that you find things useful here, and feel free to keep on reading.

And if there's ever a point when you've got something you want to say, feel free to say it. Personally, I'm impressed at anyone who can read a forum in something other than their first language, let alone being able to *write* something in an additional language! We won't mind if your English isn't perfect (especially since most of us native speakers sometimes have trouble with it ourselves!).
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby KSK » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:09 pm

:) Thanks. I've posted in Introductions and got a bit carried away doing so. Sorry about that. thanks for your welcome.
Reading is not a problem and writing not that much. Understanding what I listen is sometimes pretty difficul for met though. As an example I can watch Buffy in english and understand quite a bit (sometimes more, sometimes less) but to understand everything I need transcripts. I dislike dubbing with a passion, so that helps to learn english. Hehe. Oh,rambling again. :blush:
KSK
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby Julia » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:22 pm

Wasn't at all worried about the bots being here - I've just never seen them listed as registered users before. Fascinating!

It's great that they are here though - should keep the board high in the old SE rankings, which is all good.

:welcome: to the little bots.
Julia
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:42 pm

It amazes me how well we do in search engines, considering that I don't do anything to "optimize" the board for search engine results. I mean, okay, we do talk about discipline on the board, which means the bots probably "see" most of the search terms coming up regularly.

I suspect that I could poke around in the settings for the board, and they wouldn't show up any more, but I haven't been motivated to do that. And it's a useful reminder for people not to use their real names or other identifying information when they post, since there *are* bots searching the board, and your posts do wind up on the internet.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby TryingReallyHard » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:35 pm

~TRH
"The pressure makes us stronger; the struggle makes us hunger.
The hard lessons make the difference, and the difference makes it worth it." -Fireflight
TryingReallyHard
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby KSK » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:10 am

I'm a Buffy fan!!!!! I even own a few issues of Season 8 comics.
KSK
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Return to FAQ