[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - Further board updates

Further board updates

What is this board about? What are the guidelines? This is also where I'll post general announcements about things that are going on with the board.

Which style do you use?

3myl_parchemin
71%
Minimal
14%
prosilver
No votes
swirls
14%
ktukgreen
No votes
prosatin_copper
No votes
ktukpurple
No votes
plainjane
No votes

Total votes : 7

Further board updates

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:02 pm

First, if you came to the board without being logged in and thought you were in the wrong place because it looked different, that's because I changed the default style.

I made a poll for people to let me know which board style they use. My goal is not to disable any styles people who are active on the board are using, but to also cut down on the number of styles I need to maintain when changing things on the board.

The new style is called "SoftWood," which seems appropriate for the board. ;)

I also noticed that the WordPress blogs aren't working correctly, so I will be trying to fix that this week. I'm sorry to anyone who was trying to make a blog post (although I suspect no one was, which is why I didn't find out until just now!) Once I've got that working, just know that anyone who is a member of the Tops or Bottoms group can automatically get a blog of their own, for longer posts, or things that don't quite fit into the board topics. But, as I said, something went wonky with that when I last updated the board, so it's not currently working.

Anyhow. Please take the poll, so that I can figure out the best method of reducing the number of board styles I need to maintain. Thank you!
:thanks:

Oh, and if you're not sure which style you use, it's probably 3myl_parchemin, which was the old default. If you can't remember the board style you chose, go into your user control panel and check under "Board Preferences." Do the same thing if you want to test out the new style. And if you want a style without images, where you can read the board incognito (or on a mobile phone or other device that loads pages slowly) change the style to "Minimal."
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Re: Further board updates

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Ok. Looks like I managed to figure out whatever it was that was keeping the poll from working. Sorry to anyone who tried to vote and couldn't. Let me know if it's still not working!
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:46 pm

And, further update, if you're trying to figure out why the board looks different for you, it's because I managed to reset the style properly. Let me know if there's anything you dislike about the new one!
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:13 pm

I wasn't aware that I could change the style. Or I forgot. I like SoftWood plenty fine. I'd like to make a spanking implement joke about soft and hard wood but I'm apparently tired enough that I'm typing all kinds of wrong words and having to retype.

"I am loving, firm and flexible. Kind of like Lexan."
:cheesy:
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b:

Return to FAQ