If anyone was trying to use the blogs

What is this board about? What are the guidelines? This is also where I'll post general announcements about things that are going on with the board.

If anyone was trying to use the blogs

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:28 am

I'm not sure if anyone actually uses them, but if you wanted to use them and it wasn't working for you (there was a problem with the update and it took quite a while to track it down), they are now functioning properly again. These are the WordPress blog you get when you are a member of the forum and have joined the Tops or Bottoms user group. You can use the blog for any reason you might want to have a blog. When you make a post there, you can have it show up in the "blogs" section of this forum.

I'm not sure if I'm being at all clear, but if you're interested in giving it a try and don't know how (it's really quite easy, I promise!), ask any questions here!
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Re: If anyone was trying to use the blogs

Postby lana » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:07 am

Hi JA
I am trying to create a blog mainly for posting my many vintage spanking pictures but have no idea how to do it. I did go to Word Press Blog and i did download GEARS but now i dont know what next to do. How do I join up as a Bottom ?? :help:

Please put it in very low tech standard English cause half the terms people use like User, developer, interface, server, POP address etc I have only a very vague notion what they mean and ive never had a blog before . I do know that my browser is Firefox if that helps.

OTOH I am familiar with using photoshop to cut down the size of an image for posting. I just need to have the place for it, i think. and some directions on how to make the blog and how to get it to display my images.
Thanks
lana :ewok:
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: I am in a dd relationship and wish to communicate w others
How did you find the board?: On a web browser

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:47 am

To join the Bottoms group (or Tops group, for that matter), you click on "User Control Panel" at the top of the page here. Then choose "usergroups" from the choices at the left side of the page, and then choose the group or groups you want to become a member of (I think your choices are the bottoms and tops groups). Then at the bottom of the page, choose "join selected" and you will become a member of that group or those groups. After that, to change the color of your name, click on "change default group" and choose whichever of the groups you've joined to be your default.

Once you're a member of the bottoms (or tops) group, you should have a blog pretty much set up and requiring no particular tech-y skills on your part. Click on the part where it says "wordpress blog" at the top of the screen, and you'll see the other blogs attached to the forum, and you should have the option of starting your blog from there. After you've started a blog, there is an option on the page where you write a post that lets you cross-post it to this forum.

Give it a try, and feel free to ask if you have any more questions.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby lana » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:10 pm

It didnt work. :sigh: When I went to change default and tried to change to Bottoms by clicking on Change Default, the following words came up "The selected group is already your default group."
I am already selected as a "membership group" and it will not change at this point.

When i return to look at the Bottoms group my name is not listed .

ps Heres an idea, JA. My other spanking forum has an area dedicated just to pictures threads. Everyone (including Artlover) could post there and it would not be intrusive to others in coffee shops or to discussion threads where the pictures might be distracting.
This would be much easier for me personally since i am not good at this blogging thing. :please: :please:

lana aka carrie
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:12 pm

carrie wrote:ps Heres an idea, JA. My other spanking forum has an area dedicated just to pictures threads.

My concern with that is that I strongly prefer to keep the focus of this board on discussing real life ttwd relationships, and if there were a section of the forum for people to post spanking art, I think it would wind up attracting people who are not actually involved in disciplinary relationships. I think one of the big deterrents for trolls and people just looking for more, mmmm, fictional interactions is that there isn't as much to interest someone who isn't actually involved in a disciplinary relationship.

I've added you to the bottoms group, and you should be able to do a blog through the link at the top of the board if you would like to do so. Artlover can do the same. The blogs are a good space to do things that aren't directly related to the board, but which you'd like to share with the rest of us.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

Postby lana » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:33 am

Finally i started my media blog of spanking images! :party:

However (maybe due to a change of my user name to lana) when you go tio the world press blogs --this is the error message i get
"Integration Error with your account! Please contact an administrator."

So one step forward and 2 back
Sorry to bug you about this so much :sorry:

lana
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:24 am

It's pretty late here, so I will try to check it out tomorrow to see if I can figure out what is going wrong.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:59 am

I tried to duplicate the problem you said you were having, and couldn't get it to show up--so far as I could tell, things were working on this end. I checked to make sure that you have all of the correct permissions.

Please let me know if that didn't help.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

Postby lana » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Yes it did help. Now i can go to my blog. The problem is that you cant see the my media library on it. So no images show up.

How do i attach my media library images to the posting part which is coming up?
thanx lana
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Which web browser are you using? In Firefox, just above the screen where you write your post, there is a button that says "Upload/Insert," and you click on the first rectangle (dark gray outlined with a slightly larger white rectangle). Browse from your computer to find the file, and then click "upload." Then you fill in any information you want (alternate text is what people will see if they don't have pictures showing when they are browsing, the caption and description are pretty straightforward). Then, click on the button that says "insert into post" and it should wind up in your post. Then you click publish, and it should work. I just now walked through it on a test account, to make sure that I only had the same permissions you would have, so it ought to work for you just like I described.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

Postby lana » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks JA I finally figured it out !!

:yourock:

Now how do i connect my blog site to the posts in the forum? Just tell them each time to click on word press blogs to see what image has been posted??

Lana :piano:
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:15 pm

There is an option when you are writing a post, somewhere down on the right hand side, that says "cross-post to forums?" Click that box, and the post will show up in the user blogs section.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

Return to FAQ