[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - ranks and images

ranks and images

What is this board about? What are the guidelines? This is also where I'll post general announcements about things that are going on with the board.

ranks and images

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Wed May 14, 2008 11:10 am

Ok. So there is a feature of this board that I haven't yet gotten a chance to use. Specifically, it's the option of giving people little titles (aka "ranks") that correspond to how many posts they have.

Partly, this is because it seems to me that tops, bottoms, and switches might like to have a different set of images. But also, it's because I haven't had a chance to make or pervert appropriate images to go along with the ranks.

Sooooo.... are any of you artist-types? :art: Would you enjoy making little icons to go with the various "ranks" on this board?

Or are any of you creative types? :writing1: Want to come up with some titles and ranks and whatnot that people could earn by posting?

(And see, then people would feel *rewarded* for posting more often, instead of feeling like they needed to apologize!)
:weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird:
(Er. That's a whole little army of smilies, marching forward to post. Or something.)
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Re: ranks and images

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Wed May 14, 2008 8:24 pm

Um, the army of smiley's freaks me out a bit. Just saying.

Is it possible to have different ranks for tops and bottoms? I can work on some of those and post some ideas in here for ppl to consider.

I'm pretty much useless with visual art, though.
Nic

Sing 'til you're breaking glass
or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Thu May 15, 2008 7:16 am

definitely a good idea to have different ranks for tops and bottoms. i'm pretty sure that'll be an option, just have to figure out how.

and yeah, the army of smilies is a little creepy. here's a peace demonstration to counteract it:

:peace: :world: :peace: :world: :peace: :world: :peace: :world: :peace: :world:
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby DaddysLucy » Thu May 15, 2008 8:09 am

I don't know what the ranks would be called, and I don't know how to design this (I am soooo not an artist), but maybe for the bottoms, as the rank gets higher, the bottom gets redder? So a light pink bottom has not posted much, but a very, very red bottom has posted a lot? Now that I think about it, maybe the opposite... maybe we bottoms earn fewer "virtual spankings" for posting more, so the redness goes down... hmmm...

For the tops, maybe they get a meaner looking implement for posting more? I know that is subjective, but it could get kind of funny and tongue-in-cheek if you wanted it to. Start out with just the hand, then a paddle, then a strap, then a cane, then some medieval torture device... I don't know.

Thoughts?
DaddysLucy
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b:

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:40 pm

LOL, I really like the idea of different implements for the tops! I kinda like the idea of the bottom getting redder with more posts. Or maybe it could show a series of increasingly painful punishments. A corner, writing lines, soap in the mouth, and THEN redder bottoms? Idk. :feedback:

And thank you for the peace demonstration. Much less frightening than the army of smileys.
Nic

Sing 'til you're breaking glass
or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Naughty butt Nice » Thu May 15, 2008 4:49 pm

The army of peace bringers should probably have a few of these thrown in... :smoke: :smokin: and some flowers or smileys wearing flowers. :mademyday:
L
What goes up must come down!
Including hands and implements!
Naughty butt Nice
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Fri May 16, 2008 1:42 pm

ok. so i put up a gallery where you can browse pictures (or post your own) that we can use for rank images.

it would be helpful if someone would sign up with a separate account and test out permissions (like can you see and post and whatnot, and can you activate your own account).
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby DaddysLucy » Sun May 18, 2008 1:31 pm

These are so cute! I love them :-) They make me happy.

I'll try to test out the permissions, etc. later this week if I have time.

Out of curiosity, how many posts do you need to have before you get promoted? Or do we not know that yet? (Basically, how many posts do I need before I get cane stripes?)
DaddysLucy
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sun May 18, 2008 1:44 pm

i'm thinking 25 posts per rank, or something like that. if anyone else has suggestions, i'm open to them. 25 posts for the first 4 ranks, 50 posts for the next 4, and so on? i don't know.

and i need some good images for the tops, since i'm pretty sure they don't want spanked bottoms! (well, not for themselves, anyways!) :hairbrush:
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Sun May 18, 2008 2:37 pm

how ab out titles? like I could go from Lady Smacksalot to Grand High Poobah of The Order of the Wooden Spoon to Supernanny or something

"I am loving, firm and flexible. Kind of like Lexan."
:cheesy:
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sun May 18, 2008 7:09 pm

titles AND pictures is my goal.

really, before doing this, i ought to make sure that there's a way of having separate ranking strands for different groups, so that tops and bottoms can get different sets of pictures and titles.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Naughty butt Nice » Sun May 18, 2008 7:33 pm

I like the pictures for the bottoms, but what would the ranks be...unpunished to severly punished? Just wondering I'm not very creative.
L
What goes up must come down!
Including hands and implements!
Naughty butt Nice
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sun May 18, 2008 8:46 pm

yup, unpunished to severely punished.

my theory is, if you're posting here a lot, it's because you're probably getting punished more often. :pray:

or, well, it just makes more sense to me.

unless someone has a better idea. if i knew how to make animated .gif files, and had the software to do it, i might have increasingly elaborately animated icons, but then w would complain about them being overstimulating or something.
:rubhands:
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby DaddysLucy » Mon May 19, 2008 10:04 pm

I thought about having the titles for the increasingly-pink bottoms correspond to broken rules of different degrees, but we all have different rules, so that won't work.

Maybe the titles for the pictures could have something to do with the punishment itself? Or with the imagined implement used?

So, few posts: "25 swats with the hand"
Medium posts: "50 strokes with a paddle"
Lots of posts: "50 strokes with the cane"

Something to that effect?

I love this idea-- this is so much fun :bubblegum:
DaddysLucy
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b:

Return to FAQ