[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - ranks, groups, etc.

ranks, groups, etc.

What is this board about? What are the guidelines? This is also where I'll post general announcements about things that are going on with the board.

ranks, groups, etc.

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sat May 24, 2008 9:23 am

so i was playing around with these this morning. let me know if you can't get your usual icon back (i really ought to just create a "dummy" account, that i can use to test out permissions on things, rather than asking y'all to do that for me. but then again, why not, since it will introduce you to new resources? :D)

so. there are now two user groups, "tops" and "bottoms." if your name has changed color on the board, it's because i thought i knew which group you were in, and assigned you to one. if you don't like that, you *should* be able to change which group you're a member of. we'll see how this works.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Re: ranks, groups, etc.

Postby DaddysLucy » Sat May 24, 2008 10:08 am

Love it!!! Are the bottoms purple because we've been spanked to that point? :mademyday:
DaddysLucy
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b:

Postby DaddysLucy » Sat May 24, 2008 10:10 am

And I just saw my icon... I might keep it. It's adorable! You made my morning :thanks: Between you and my coffee, I am awake this morning! Yay! :coffee:
Last edited by DaddysLucy on Sat May 24, 2008 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaddysLucy
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sat May 24, 2008 10:26 am

actually, i had originally done red, because the bottoms had been spanked to that point, but i didn't like how it made the board look, so i went with purple, since i like the color better.

i'm open to other requests about color.

still planning on figuring out how to do the ranks, but all in good time.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sat May 24, 2008 11:33 am

Ok. So it appears as though ranks are either assigned manually (and we can have various honors/contests, if people would like that one!) or they have to be the same for everyone on the board.

So I challenge y'all to a contest: Dig around online for (or design your own) images that would be associated with different ranks on this board. They need to work for both tops and bottoms, because, well, it seems silly for the tops to have spanked bottoms. (Well, maybe not *that* silly, given that W nearly overflowed the tub last night, but she doesn't consent to the spanking, so....)

Post the images in this thread, I guess, or over at the gallery ( should get you there. Click on "Ranks" or whatever seems to indicate that.)
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby DaddysLucy » Sat May 24, 2008 12:16 pm

I'm going to do some searching for images and see what I can come up with. In the meantime-- do you think that using implements of increasing degrees of sucky-ness would work? So for the top, they get to spank with a more severe implement the more they post, and for the bottoms, we get spanked with a more severe implement. Just a photo of the implement?

But that's kind of dull, maybe.

Maybe (like the default "top" image you have right now, which is waaay cute) we show images of the spanking, with the different implements? But then the implement would be too small to see...

Okay, now I am thinking out loud (well, on keyboard) and kind of getting nowhere, so maybe I should shut up and actually think about this for a bit!
:yeahthat:
DaddysLucy
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sat May 24, 2008 12:23 pm

i do think animated images, like the one that is currently the default "top" avatar, would be good. i just got kind of bored of looking for them, and wasn't finding many good ones. i figured, if other people have ideas, they can contribute images too.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Naughty butt Nice » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:40 am

Well, I finally had a little bit of time to do someresearch online regarding this before my hubby got home to give me my spanking. :rubbutt:

I was kind of thinking that for the bottoms we could use different versions on the innocent smileys they have on www.clipartof.com. I don't know which way would work the best, but maybe the less you have posted the more innocent you are. They have some that are pure innocence all the way up to those that are just look like they are feigning innocence.

I was also thinking about the tops and I found some smileys under indifferent and mad on the same site. I was thinking maybe for them they could start out with varying ranges of indifference and as they become less indifferent move into getting more and more mad.

Just a thought. The smileys are so cute and they seem to be a staple in most posts around here. :thinking:
L
What goes up must come down!
Including hands and implements!
Naughty butt Nice
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b:

Postby writegerl » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Do I need to make "Bottoms" my defaut group, in order for the color of my name to change?

I can't figure out how. Unless I just haven't posted enough. :blush:

writegerl
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:49 pm

you do need to make it your default group, but i can set that up for you (and will before i log off).

and you'll get the nice animated pictures of spankings once you've posted enough posts.
:peace:
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby writegerl » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:09 pm

Awww, thanks! :mademyday: :stickfig:

writegerl
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby Submit2You » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:43 pm

please change mine to purple...please...I like purple.
*OUCH*
Submit2You
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby Desperate4Discipline » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:38 am

JA,

I changed my user group to bottoms but my name is still blue. Did I miss something?

Thanks!
Desperate4Discipline
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:44 pm

J says: Go into user control panel and make it your default group.

"I am loving, firm and flexible. Kind of like Lexan."
:cheesy:
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b:

Postby Desperate4Discipline » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:23 pm

Thanks!!
Desperate4Discipline
Rank 3