[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - FYI/reminder about Tops and Bottoms groups

FYI/reminder about Tops and Bottoms groups

What is this board about? What are the guidelines? This is also where I'll post general announcements about things that are going on with the board.

FYI/reminder about Tops and Bottoms groups

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:57 pm

there are a couple of special groups you can join. specifically, the "tops" and/or the "bottoms."

the purpose of these groups (besides the nifty icon you get if you have no personal icon, and the great color your name can be if you so choose!) is to gain access to the tops-only and bottoms-only forums. you won't even SEE these forums unless you're a member of the group in question. i don't know if the tops' forum is active, but i know that we bottoms occasionally have nifty discussions, free from the cranky... er, prying... er, observant! eyes of our tops. ;P

you join the groups by clicking on "user control panel" and then choosing "usergroups," at which point, you choose which group (or groups) you will join. there has been a general consensus that people don't join both groups, but i think that's up to each individual to decide for themselves.
:teeter:
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Re: FYI/reminder about Tops and Bottoms groups

Postby DaddysLucy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:41 am

How do they change their color? I know that Daddy has joined the Tops group, because I helped him find where it was, but he isn't showing up as blue. I think he can see the Tops Only forum, cause he's talked about it (not in detail, just teasing me that it's something I can't see and he can :-) ) but his color hasn't changed.
DaddysLucy
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:57 am

that's a matter of having it set as your default group. the user control panel should be fixed so that people can set their own default group now, so if you haven't tried to do this since last night, give it a try, and let me know if it doesn't work.

if people are having trouble with getting it to work, post here or send me a message, and i'll do it from the admin end of things, ok?
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby GF1 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:00 am

It worked for me.
GF1
rank 5
rank 5

Postby Eayore » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:37 pm

Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby bodack » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:59 am

I don't know if I would be happy to switch between top and bottom but moods do shift. This causes a huge problem even in play. If I am in the mood to really really get spanked and I make an appointment to meet with a dom the next day. I might be in more of a top mood by then. Makes for a lousy scene.

Why I switch back and forth is something I am trying to figure out. I know lack of sleep and some meds make me submissive. And sometimes I don't want to be submissive I just want a spanking to feel the sensation but no emotional attachment.

Same is true when I am in my top mood. Some days I just want it to be a game and some days I just want to be 100% dominant.
bodack
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Eayore » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:43 pm

Yes, I can see how that might be a little frustrating! Just a thought, could you find someone who will be a dom when you want and submissive when you are in the mood for that too?
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby bodack » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:26 pm

bodack
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:09 pm

bumping the thread so that new people will get the info about the tops and bottoms groups.
:coffee2:
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Return to FAQ