[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - Chat Times

Chat Times

What is this board about? What are the guidelines? This is also where I'll post general announcements about things that are going on with the board.

What times would be good for a TTWD chat?

Weekday days
16%
Weekday evenings
5%
Weekday nights
5%
Saturday days
11%
Saturday evenings
11%
Saturday nights
11%
Sunday days
11%
Sunday evenings
16%
Sunday nights
16%
Other (please comment below)
No votes

Total votes : 19

Chat Times

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:52 pm

It might make it easier to decide on chat times if we sign the .

Anyhow. I'll try to get the ball rolling to set some chat times. Heck, if there are people who are more chat-savvy than I am, maybe we could offer to have someone hang out in the chat room on a regular basis?

I'm also gonna look to see if there's a way to integrate chat with my instant messenger service, which would mean that I can have a little blinking signal on my computer screen when someone else wants to chat. That might be the easiest way yet.

Oh, and I found out that I can make Jabber accounts through web hosting, which means that if you don't already have an IM account, and I set up a Jabber chatroom, you could join it. I should check and find out whether non-Jabber users can have a Jabber account, and whether members can set up their own Jabber accounts, or whether I have to do it manually....

Just some thoughts. The more tech-savvy might want to chime in!
Last edited by JigsawAnalogy on Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: dang it! I hit "send" too soon!
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Re: Chat Times

Postby Naughty butt Nice » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:21 am

Being as I am never really sure when I will feel up to being online. I am up for just about anytime. You guys decide and I will see what I can do about joining in.
L
What goes up must come down!
Including hands and implements!
Naughty butt Nice
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:33 am

i'm with you on not really knowing ahead of time when it would be good to chat. i'm trying to find a way to set up a chat room that can run with instant messenger... i should do another poll on the subject of chat rooms, actually.

(and it wasn't til NbN replied that i realized i'd *created* the poll, but not voted. >:) )
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Pokey » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:43 pm

Although I voted for weekday days, I could probably find time between the hours of 7pm and 9pm... and on weekends during the day... but I can only say that weekday days between 10 am and 1:30 pm are the times I can almost guarantee I have time.

All times are EDT.
Pokey

~ forever learning and loving it
Pokey
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b:

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:05 pm

I LOVE the idea of the chat being connected somehow with an instant messenger program. Is that possible?
Or we could just all add each other to our buddy lists...

"I am loving, firm and flexible. Kind of like Lexan."
:cheesy:
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b:

Return to FAQ