abbrieviations?

What is this board about? What are the guidelines? This is also where I'll post general announcements about things that are going on with the board.

abbrieviations?

Postby Vixie » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:16 pm

Hey all! I've noticed that some abbrieviations are the same on most boards and some are different and then there are flat out some that I have no idea yet what they might mean.

So my question is what are the abbrieviations that you all use or prefer on here?

I've of course figured out the ttwd, would you all mind sharing info on some others. For instance I have know idea how to shorten my husband and that's one I'll probably be typing quite often.
Vixie
Rank 1
Rank 1

spam_b: The only spam I know what to do with is the kind you eat for dinner when money is tight.
How did you find the board?: Through a search engine. I think it was google, but I have had it bookmarked for a couple of weeks and can't remember for sure. I was up late doing alot of searching that night.

Re: abbrieviations?

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:21 pm

Hmm,

DD=Domestic Discipline
OTK=over the knee

A lot of us usually just refer to our "Tops" by their first initial. So if I were going to say that my wife spanked my butt tonight. I would just say, "Then S spanked me." And we all usually get that the person is referring to their Top/Spouse/Partner.

Hope that helps. Are there any that you had specific questions on?
Nic

Sing 'til you're breaking glass
or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

My blog!
Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I don't like spam. It's gross. Meat in a can is wrong.
How did you find the board?: I found my way over from Punishment Board, which is a great site that you should all go see if you haven't already. But I'm too lazy to try to link it here.

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:43 am

thus far, i've kind of gone with "use whichever abbreviation you prefer, and feel free to ask if you don't understand what someone meant."

seems easiest, since we have a good variety of them.

alternatively, you can post to this handy thread vixie just started, either with your preferred abbreviations, or with questions about ones you can't work out. :)
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby Vixie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:59 pm

Let's see, so far i've got that...

HOH=head of house

SO=significant other

and the pms I was seeing around everywhere actually referred to private messages and not the PMS that I am already so familar with.LOL

oh yeah and LOL=laugh out loud, I know some of the general ones thanks to having teenagers in the house, it's the spanking specific ones that I'm going to have to work on a bit. The Dom/Sub thing has me a little confused since there seems to be some sort of capitalization rules out there I don't know about. So if you catch something I'm doing wrong please let me know so I don't make anyone mad. Thanks all!
Vixie
Rank 1
Rank 1

spam_b: The only spam I know what to do with is the kind you eat for dinner when money is tight.
How did you find the board?: Through a search engine. I think it was google, but I have had it bookmarked for a couple of weeks and can't remember for sure. I was up late doing alot of searching that night.

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:39 am

around here, we tend to be pretty casual about the internet abbreviations. trust me, if something is going to make us mad, that's not the one to worry about. :)

the dom/sub thing that some people use (here or elsewhere) is that the top or dom is capitalized while the sub or bottom isn't. i think some people on here follow that rule, but a lot don't. either way is fine, it's about which style you personally prefer.

i often type without capital letters, but that's mostly because i can't be bothered with the shift key (just be glad that the part who can't be bothered with punctuation marks doesn't generally post here!).

oh, and here's an abbreviation that's pretty specific to this board: w or i will refer to "ea" which is short for "establishing authority." it used to be "sunday" or "sunday maintenance" (meaning a check-in and spanking that we'd do on a weekly basis), but we don't always do it on sundays and we decided to call it establishing authority instead of maintenance, since that's a better description for us.

but don't worry--we rarely mind explaining what we've meant, and we're unlikely to get upset about someone who doesn't know our quirks.

:typing:
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby jstanothrmouthsoaper » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:22 pm

How about just "Him" :typing:
jstanothrmouthsoaper
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: DESTROY ALL SPAMMERS !!!!!
How did you find the board?: Internet Search

Postby Vixie » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:51 pm

Thanks guys, now I won't worry over what I type so much. :typing:
Vixie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Postby Britana » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:54 pm

There are soooo many things out there, and many mean different things to different people. FWIW (for what it’s worth) here are some of mine:

DD (domestic discipline) stuff:
CDD - Christian Domestic Discipline
BDSM - bondage, discipline, sado-masochism, often talked about in three sub-categories of B/D (bondage/discipline); D/s (Dominance/submission - some folks capitalize the Dominant and not the submissive); and S/M (sadism/masochism).
Top - the more Dominant (Dom) partner
Bottom - the more submissive (Sub) partner
HoH - head of household (as above)
SSC - safe, sane, and consensual - the BDSM creed
CBT - cock/ball torture
CP - Corporal punishment

General stuff
BTW - By The Way
FWIW - For What It's Worth
FYI - For Your Information
IMHO - In MY Humble Opinion
IMO - In My Opinion
IRL or RL - In Real Life
LOL - Laugh Out Loud
ROFL - Rolling On Floor Laughing
And sooo many more . . . .
Britana
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I am not a spammer and never have been and will not spam the board!

Return to FAQ