[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - wonky web host

wonky web host

What is this board about? What are the guidelines? This is also where I'll post general announcements about things that are going on with the board.

wonky web host

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:46 pm

just a heads-up that my web host seems to be having more issues than usual lately. they have had a lot of down time, so the site isn't always loading. never fear, we haven't disappeared, and the bills are paid until october of next year, so it won't even go away for lack of money.

unfortunately, this leaves me disinclined to pay for web hosting elsewhere for the next year or so, because my bills are already paid. i like a lot of aspects of the host, and they've been reliable in the past, but much less so in the past month or two. many apologies, and thanks for the patience waiting for things to stay steady.

and, hey, we've got the benefit of an ad-free forum, which is something i always enjoy.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Re: wonky web host

Postby Eayore » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:04 pm

this reminds me - didn't we discuss at one point that other members could contribute to the cost at least (you do so much to keep it alive, it hardly seems fair you have to pay for web hosting as well!)
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Re: wonky web host

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:44 pm

my current plans for allowing members to chip in are the following: i'll make an "i support ttwd" button for the cafe press store, and jack up the prices unconscionably on those (as opposed to my normal 25 cent to $2 markup on items). i'll also put together a page for my non-kink site, where you have a link to contribute directly to the webhosting.

i really feel like i've gotten more than my money's worth out of this site alone, so i'm not too worried about the cost of web hosting. mostly, i went with my own host because ads bug me to no end, and i'd rather have a site without them.

that said, if people are inspired to donate for hosting, i'm not gonna turn it down. i mean, when i get around to putting up options for people to contribute, i'm not gonna turn it down.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Return to FAQ