[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - Smilies and other benefits of the move

Smilies and other benefits of the move

What is this board about? What are the guidelines? This is also where I'll post general announcements about things that are going on with the board.

Smilies and other benefits of the move

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:09 am

I'm trying to manage a balance between having so many smilies when you turn on the page that you scroll down for hours, or not having my favorites visible on the posting page. Anyhow, it looks like none of them were lost in the move to the new version of phpBB, so all your favorites from this board are still here. Just click on the "view more smilies" link below the ones on this page, and you'll be able to see all of them

Oh! And for those of us who are lazy and don't want to type in the BBCode for things like text formatting and links, when you push the buttons or go to insert a smiley in the middle of your post, it looks like the new board is smart enough to figure you want these things to show up where your cursor is, rather than at the end of the post. Not something I would've upgraded for all by itself, but it's a really handy side benefit.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Re: Smilies and other benefits of the move

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:42 pm

Woohoo! That whole not having stuff show up where the cursor is makes me crazy, so I'm glad for the fix in the upgrade.

I really like the new look, too, though it's taking some getting used to. Thanks for the work you've put into the board, JA!
Nic

Sing 'til you're breaking glass
or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:33 pm

thanks!

this was the last board i upgraded, because i wanted to make sure that the new version really did work better (well, the first board was a new one i made, but then i upgraded my other boards before this one, just to make sure the kinks had been worked out). it's taking some getting used to, but i like the interface a whole lot better!
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:47 pm

*beavis and butthead voice*

kinks, huh huh. She said kinks...

"I am loving, firm and flexible. Kind of like Lexan."
:cheesy:
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b:

Postby Rose » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:39 pm

I thought we were supposed to embrace kinks here ;)
Rose
Rank 3
Rank 3

Return to FAQ