[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - This just isn't working.

This just isn't working.

SpankoNanny, WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Here's a section for those questions about discipline. In this case, we're *all* able to stand in for SpankoNanny, and we are all free to ask questions. Got a problem in your household? Check in to see what our good friend (but our firm, strict, caring friend) SpankoNanny has to say.

Re: This just isn't working.

Postby Eayore » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:04 am

To give credit where it's due, that insight about some bottoms wanting their tops to be 'perfect' so we don't have to be perfect any more, came originally from Homeatlast. It certainly did hit home for me too though, and helped to open my eyes a little more.

What to do about it? Here I can only speak for myself. A theme of our 20+ year relationship, that we keep reminding each other about, is "perfection doesn't exist". And recently, I find I am less and less insistent that P needs to punish me in a certain way, speak to me in just the right tone, etc. etc. I take what I get and I'm grateful for it, because I have a lot to be grateful for!
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Postby Eayore » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:55 pm

TryingReallyHard, now I have read some of your other posts, I am wondering if I understood your comment, "...I just don't know what to DO about it." Besides the fact that you may not have been asking for suggestions anyway, I'm not sure what was the "it" exactly.

I'd love to hear more, if you want to say any more. Equally if you don't want to, that's fine with me.
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Julia » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Julia
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby Naughty butt Nice » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:07 pm

Sounds like an interesting solution congrats.
L
What goes up must come down!
Including hands and implements!
Naughty butt Nice
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b:

Postby TryingReallyHard » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:24 am

~TRH
"The pressure makes us stronger; the struggle makes us hunger.
The hard lessons make the difference, and the difference makes it worth it." -Fireflight
TryingReallyHard
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Previous

Return to WWJD? (What would (Nanny) Jo Do?)