[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - New rules?

New rules?

SpankoNanny, WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Here's a section for those questions about discipline. In this case, we're *all* able to stand in for SpankoNanny, and we are all free to ask questions. Got a problem in your household? Check in to see what our good friend (but our firm, strict, caring friend) SpankoNanny has to say.

Re: New rules?

Postby JMA » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:58 pm

wrapping is a problem because it causes pain and potential damage where it probably wasn't intended to. i think most of the strokes that have left unintentional bruises and/or broken the skin have been when implements wrapped.

and nic is right, that it's about aim, but it's also about positioning. w tends to stand too close to me, which means that a lot of strokes wrap if the implement is at all flexible. it helps her to aim better if she's about 18 inches to my left (she's right handed) when using an implement. i'm making these numbers up, since usually when i'm on the receiving end, i'm more concerned about the fact that i'm about to get a spanking than on where, exactly, w is standing. i just know based on an experiment she did last night (which i will write about elsewhere) that the extra distance greatly improves her aim with implements.

as for holding still... there are different ways to look at this. for me, if the pacing or something else about a spanking is too intense--not about how hard i'm being hit, but about where it's putting my mindset--i am really not able to hold still. for me and w, the solution has been to make sure strokes come at a pace i'm able to handle, because the fallout from a too-fast/harsh spanking isn't useful.

but there's also the fact that w has always been pretty firm about what kind of movements are or are not allowed. i am absolutely not allowed to try to cover up my butt with my hands during a spanking, and it's earned me several *hard* strokes with the cane when i have. so i grab onto a pillow and do my best.

positioning can make a big difference with how much i move around, too. if i'm laying on my stomach on the bed, especially if it's over w's lap, it's almost natural for me to roll out of the line of fire. but when i'm bent over a table or couch, feet on the floor, i pretty much don't move.
aka jigsaw analogy
JMA
Rank 1
Rank 1

Postby G.D. » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:06 pm

This happened to us the first time we used the crop; it is not pleasant. We simply removed the loose 'popper' at the end. Bingo: no more wrap around.
GD
G.D.
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Nic

Sing 'til you're breaking glass
or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby GF1 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:51 pm

GF1
rank 5
rank 5

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:56 pm

How would T use a switch? I was thinking it was the same--make the end land in the middle of the butt. But, then, I've never (sadly) had either used on me, lol.
Nic

or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby JMA » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:14 pm

aka jigsaw analogy
JMA
Rank 1
Rank 1

Postby GF1 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:07 pm

The switch is used more like a cane - the lengnh of it going accross the bottom leaving a long thin burning welt. T only hits with leather end of the crop not the rod part so it strikes a small area the size of the leather piece on the end. The feel is different but the placement is more like with a wooden spoon, if that makes sense.
GF1
rank 5
rank 5

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:33 pm

Ahh, yeah, that does make sense, thanks. So where is the tip of a can supposed to go? Or where does the tip of a switch go. Does it wrap? or not hit at all?

and JA, me, hint? Nevah! :pray:
Nic

or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Eayore » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:50 pm

I personally don't think wrapping around the hip or thigh is necessarily bad, it's just one of those things which doesn't hurt "in the right way". I sometimes think it feels like someone biting me!

I have read about some bottoms getting terribly angry about it, though, as they take it as a sign that the top doesn't know how to use the implement properly.

I believe the top's arm stretches slightly when delivering the stroke - so if they think they are aiming the end of the crop or the cane at the far edge of the bottom, it will actually land a couple of inches further across than they expected. This seems to be why standing back and/or aiming to land the tip in the middle of the buttocks is a good way to prevent the wrapping.
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:57 pm

i think the difference between a switch and a cane is that a switch is generally lighter and more flexible (although there is probably a big blur between heavier switches and lighter canes). i think the cane we have right now is closer to being a switch than a cane, honestly, since it's fairly light and whippy, but then i haven't experienced what you'd call a "real" caning, so i couldn't say for sure.

my experiences with switches is that they don't tend to fall with the force that would leave "tram lines." instead, it's more of a single welt. and since my experience with switches was mostly when i was a kid, they were definitely used without much regard to whether they would wrap or break the skin or any of the things that w and i try to avoid doing nowadays.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Wrapping & Pacing

Postby YamahaBrat » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:25 am

Learning to Behave,
YamahaBrat
YamahaBrat
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b:

Postby fail » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:19 pm

fail

Postby Homeatlast » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:39 am

We try (not always successfully) and avoid wrap for the main reason that there is either a nerve or ligament that runs down the right hand side of the hip and so there is a potential for damage. I know this as I have arthritis in that particular area! I used to know the name of it but I can't remember and don't have the energy to look it up. So be aware and try and aviod it!
Homeatlast
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Eayore » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:51 am

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the advice then.
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby GF1 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:58 pm

I never really thought about wrap around with the switch. I think it does happen, but it does not seem to be out of line or anything. T has never broken skin with a switch (thank god, because I think it would be the end of TTWD for her if she did). A switching will leave weals, but not the way a cane sounds like it does. Switching hurts enough that I have not had a desire for a caning.
GF1
rank 5
rank 5

Previous

Return to WWJD? (What would (Nanny) Jo Do?)