[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 383: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - I almost don't want answers......

I almost don't want answers......

SpankoNanny, WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Here's a section for those questions about discipline. In this case, we're *all* able to stand in for SpankoNanny, and we are all free to ask questions. Got a problem in your household? Check in to see what our good friend (but our firm, strict, caring friend) SpankoNanny has to say.

I almost don't want answers......

Postby brightlyblaze » Fri May 06, 2011 11:52 pm

Backstory: since January, I've had a broken wrist, then bronchitis, then pneumonia, which triggered my asthma worse than ever, and I broke a rib from all the coughing along the way. Sooooo I haven't been to the gym in four months. I'm now 98% healed, and I definitely need to get my butt back in the gym/running and get back to my pre-holiday, pre-injury shape. I like running, but I'm having a really hard time getting back into the routine and fitting exercise back into my schedule.

I asked Sir to help me with this, so we talked it through and agreed that I have to work out three times a week. The catch? He told me that I have to think about an appropriate consequence for breaking this new rule. He wants my input because he thinks the punishment should be directly related to what I am trying to work on to make it feel more relevant-- so does anyone have any suggestions for consequences that might somehow feel appropriate for exercise/weight loss? I appreciate that he's being supportive, but I always hate the pressure of having to suggest a punishment.

Help? Please?
brightlyblaze
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Re: I almost don't want answers......

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sat May 07, 2011 10:27 am

If I were thinking of something related, it would involve losing the option of doing whatever it was that I was doing instead of the thing I was supposed to be doing. So if I were supposed to be napping and was instead playing Farmville, I'd lose the right to play Farmville for a few days. And so on.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby glimmering_girl » Sat May 07, 2011 1:49 pm

glimmering_girl
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b:

Postby brightlyblaze » Sat May 07, 2011 8:45 pm

I suggested that..... and he said no.

Then I suggested being "grounded" from particular snacks every time I skip..... and he said no.

Then I suggested being sent to bed an hour early (roughly the time it would take me to do my run)...... and he said no.

So, I started to think he had something particular in mind but that he wanted me to think of it. (I hate games.) I dug through my cobwebbed brain for "things Sir has threatened but never implemented" and I realized what he intended. And I asked him if that was it. And he said yes.

Every time I skip the gym, I will have to do corner time (more like "middle of the room time") naked. I don't usually have much corner time, just the few minutes it takes for him to get implements set out, or if I need a break between sets, so this is new for us as a formal consequence. His reasoning is that I give him a hard time about looking at my body when I don't feel attractive--- so I either need to put in the work to make myself feel attractive, or be punished by having him look anyway.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. He is open for discussion as long as I accept his answer at the end, so we'll see how it goes.
brightlyblaze
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby cras » Sat May 07, 2011 11:02 pm

I suppose it's a matter of what works best for you. After all, what's punishment to one person is fun and games to another and vice versa. It might be that he had a point in mind when he asked for suggestions, but I do wonder why he asked for suggestions if he had something specific in mind to begin with...although I suppose "to see if you had something better" or "just to play mind games" are acceptable reasons. That would just bug me though; to be asked for suggestions when the other person already knew what they were going to do.

Of course, as a fall back, the suggestions the others gave sound pretty reasonable to me (and I know I'd straighten up pretty quickly if I were going to lose my computer for a few days because that's what I'd be doing if I wasn't doing what I was supposed to). 0:)
cras
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b:

Postby Desperate4Discipline » Sat May 07, 2011 11:22 pm

Could it be that he asked for suggestions knowing he would turn them down just to make you feel more submissive? :hmmmmm: I am actually asking cause I don't know.
Desperate4Discipline
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby brightlyblaze » Sat May 07, 2011 11:22 pm

brightlyblaze
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby brightlyblaze » Sat May 07, 2011 11:25 pm

brightlyblaze
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sun May 08, 2011 12:27 am

JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby TryingReallyHard » Sun May 08, 2011 4:01 am

I'm having trouble coming up with an alternative thought... That would be a really effective consequence for me, too! He's not on here...... Is he? RH probably doesn't need to hear this discussed in the Top forum. :pray:
~TRH
"The pressure makes us stronger; the struggle makes us hunger.
The hard lessons make the difference, and the difference makes it worth it." -Fireflight
TryingReallyHard
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby brightlyblaze » Sun May 08, 2011 10:18 am

brightlyblaze
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby brightlyblaze » Sun May 08, 2011 10:20 am

brightlyblaze
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby Eayore » Tue May 10, 2011 5:35 pm

Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby brightlyblaze » Tue May 10, 2011 11:44 pm

brightlyblaze
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby Eayore » Thu May 12, 2011 4:30 pm

Hooray!! - and yes, I understand what you mean.
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Next

Return to WWJD? (What would (Nanny) Jo Do?)