Time out pad

SpankoNanny, WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Here's a section for those questions about discipline. In this case, we're *all* able to stand in for SpankoNanny, and we are all free to ask questions. Got a problem in your household? Check in to see what our good friend (but our firm, strict, caring friend) SpankoNanny has to say.

Time out pad

Postby PrttyinPnk » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:58 pm

I swear, Nanny Jo would love this device (I bet there is at least one episode where she uses it...it just seems like it would suit her style)

http://www.amazon.com/Time-Out-Pad-HD015-Blue/dp/B001IMG5WG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314734097&sr=8-1

Its called the Time out pad. It has a timer on it that goes off when time out is over. But it also has an alarm that goes off if you get off the pad...

I don't know that it would be effective for TTWD, because the timer limit is 5 minutes (I believe) but I thought it was a crazy cool discipline device.

I can't imagine if an alarm went off when I was trying to wiggle out of the corner...Of course, usually, he is watching me very carefully when I'm in the corner and I'm very limited in my movement...obviously. :weasel:
PrttyinPnk
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I have never been asked if I was a spam bot before
How did you find the board?: Lurking on el tercer ojo (annie/mija) blog.

Re: Time out pad

Postby lana » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:39 pm

Good idea for kids but it wouldnt work for me. I will bend over and stay in position for a licking, but i hate cornertime and have tried to cheat in the past by doing crosswords. :weasel: :weasel: With this device, i could pick it up and carry it to the nearest crossword book while disabling the alarm by pressing on the pad with it under my arm.
So my hoh would have to continue to watch me anyways. Cornertime for a few minutes is bearable but more than that and i get mad and more irate than i started. :caught:
ps--a minute for each year of my age waaaay too long!

lana :teeter:
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: I am in a dd relationship and wish to communicate w others
How did you find the board?: On a web browser

Postby PrttyinPnk » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:01 pm

lana wrote:
ps--a minute for each year of my age waaaay too long!

LMFAO....i doubt that equation was developed for TTWD. I think I'd feel tormented if I had to stand in the corner for almost half an hour!
PrttyinPnk
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby lana » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:24 pm

There is a woman on another site who had to do 30 minutes of cornertime for sassing her hoh over the cell phone; and she is so obedient she did it for the whole time even though he lives 2000 miles away!! I think he monitors her ct and other punishments over a web cam now but not sure.

I will still get long ct --but my HOH says he will use it only for a few really bad crimes since he knows it is a mental torment to me. He likes to keep it as a deterrent. All i have to hear is the mention of "a good dose of cornertime" and Im already behaving better.
lana :angel:
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby PrttyinPnk » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:46 pm

I hardly ever get CT. In terms of extra punishment, I'm most likely to get lines or grounded from TV. But when he says TV, he means it can't go on. No video games, cable, DVDs, anything. Doesn't sound so bad, but I'm home alone all day long....
PrttyinPnk
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:20 am

If I were a programmer, I'd probably try to write a discipline-related game for the Wii. Corner time is one of the things I suspect it would do quite well, if you had the balance board, because it can tell really small shifts in weight, and if your weight shifted even a small amount out of the allowed area....

Or I bet there's a way of doing it with the Kinect, although I haven't got one of those.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby altbob » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:33 pm

@JA - nice! clever and evil. can also be set up to post results online. So if you are late, or quit early, your Hoh knows.
altbob
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: Not to spam, or relegate one's self to the lowest dregs of net life, that is the question.
How did you find the board?: Looking up BDSM, came across DD, then TTWD, and Google lit the way.

Postby lana » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:11 pm

JigsawAnalogy wrote:If I were a programmer, I'd probably try to write a discipline-related game for the Wii. Corner time is one of the things I suspect it would do quite well, if you had the balance board, because it can tell really small shifts in weight, and if your weight shifted even a small amount out of the allowed area....

Or I bet there's a way of doing it with the Kinect, although I haven't got one of those.

_________________________________-
JA,
Whose side are you on now??

I think of a great strategy for disabling it and all you canndo is think of the opposite :argh:
And then altbob adds his touch too! :rubhands:
What a diabolical device to think of. Cornertime is bad and with this my hoh would have to exert no effort to supervise at all... :crank: :crank:

lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby altbob » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:05 am

@lana - Tops need all the help we can get. We know you bottoms get together and plot. We see things out here. We can't see the bottoms forum, but we here mumbling that quiets down anytime one of us walks by. You aren't fooling anyone.
Also, the best way to get a NASTY punishment is to betray trust and avoid a punishment. So, really JA is looking out for you! Now that that's cleared up, I'm sure you feel a need to apologize. Don't worry, no harm no foul. :weg:
altbob
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: Not to spam, or relegate one's self to the lowest dregs of net life, that is the question.
How did you find the board?: Looking up BDSM, came across DD, then TTWD, and Google lit the way.

Postby PrttyinPnk » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:49 pm

JigsawAnalogy wrote:If I were a programmer, I'd probably try to write a discipline-related game for the Wii. Corner time is one of the things I suspect it would do quite well, if you had the balance board, because it can tell really small shifts in weight, and if your weight shifted even a small amount out of the allowed area....

I'm very glad you're not a programmer JA. :lovey:
PrttyinPnk
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby lana » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:54 pm

altbob wrote:@lana - .... So, really JA is looking out for you! Now that that's cleared up, I'm sure you feel a need to apologize. Don't worry, no harm no foul. :weg:

LOL Noooo not feeling any need to apologize....i just agree that its a good thing JA is not a programmer!
lana :lol:
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby artlover » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:17 am

Corner time has never been part of my wife's and my "arrangement." Which is fine with me. When discipline has gone well, the only place I want her to be afterwards is in my arms.
artlover
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I am most certainly not a spammer
How did you find the board?: I was googling around and there you were!

Postby LadyShriver1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:06 pm

ALtbob....spoken like a true Top. That sounded just like stuff E says to me when I grumble about a breaking a rule I created or try to get out of something.... "You aren't fooling anyone. You wouldn't do this if you didn't know you needed. I'm just looking out for you..." Whack...Crack... etc.

We haven't launched into the realm of corner time yet, but I expect it would take a less devious Sub to make that pad work. I'd definitely need the computer program!
LadyShriver1
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I'm definitiely not a spammer...at least I like to think not.
How did you find the board?: google searchs

Postby lana » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:22 pm

I unfortunately do get cornertime and can offer a few strategies to subs. :weasel:

1Keep a small size crossword puzzle lying near the corner just in case so you can do it in ur head while he not watching

2Lean against the wall or corner and fall aseep . (I cant do this but know of other subs that have.)

3Do exercises like pushups against the wall or sit ups.

4Write a story in your head to take your mind off the ticking clock & how much time is left.

5Keep your cell phone in your shirt pocket so you can play Vortex or Scrabble while your hoh is reading his book. Turn volume off!

6The "Just Say No" technique.--You can try just saying "No I dont do cornertime" and just not go. Good luck with that...
lana :ewok:

lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:05 am

Lana, I'm surprised your top hasn't given you a punishment just on general principles! Or are you trying to make sure that you consistently experience the most lenient corner time of anyone on the board? Your strategies seem calculated to make corner time about 500 times worse than it would be.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Next

Return to WWJD? (What would (Nanny) Jo Do?)