Inspiration for this section

SpankoNanny, WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Here's a section for those questions about discipline. In this case, we're *all* able to stand in for SpankoNanny, and we are all free to ask questions. Got a problem in your household? Check in to see what our good friend (but our firm, strict, caring friend) SpankoNanny has to say.

Inspiration for this section

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:42 am

So, W was watching Supernanny the other night. She does this a lot. Sometimes I even watch with her.

But W is waaaaaaay more of a fan than I am. I mean, she is the type who will go to the message boards, and also look online to see if there is Supernanny fan fic out there. I'm not *quite* so obsessed.

And I was thinking, maybe we're not the only ones who wonder what it would be like if we could call Supernanny to come help out with discipline in *our* house. Of course, that wouldn't really play on the networks. And also, Nanny Jo (quite rightly, IMO) advises against spanking as a disciplinary tool.

But what if there were a SPANKOnanny? (Yeah, I've posted about this before.)

So here's the section where people can ask what Spankonanny would do. And the rest of us can chime in with our answers.

Have fun!
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Re: Inspiration for this section

Postby fail » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:35 pm

Sweet!!

Dear spankonanny,

A certain someone has a terrible time remembering to take her medicine everyday.

It is one of her rules and the punishment for missing her meds is a spanking (sometimes accompanied with corner time).

I do my best to remind her but as I'm at work and busy, I don't remember to remind her until much later in the afternoon. Any ideas on how we can get her to remember to take her meds without my reminder being the only thing standing between her and a sore bottom?

hugs and kisses,
S
fail

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:01 pm

This is totally stolen from Supernanny.

And it's something I used with W, not her with me.

But... how about a chart, with stickers? We did this when W had a complicated meds schedule to deal with, and needed to juggle changing frequencies of taking several different meds, so the chart was a good way for me to be able to tell whether she'd taken her meds, and it was a good way for her to remember to take them.

I don't know that she was especially thrilled with the stickers, but hey, whatever works.

Or else make an advent calendar style thing, with chocolate and her meds behind each door?

Sometimes, positive reinforcement *does* work.

:bubblegum:
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:51 pm

I loved both that the chart helped me remember to take all those damn medications, and that the littles were able to help me in a way that was extremely important. :roll:
W-Jigsaw's Boss

"I am loving, firm and flexible. Kind of like Lexan."
:cheesy:
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b: Still haven't tried spam musubi.
How did you find the board?: I married a(n equally) smart lady who made it.

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:14 pm

When S was reading this (before I did) and muttering "good idea" I, hearing her, was like, "HEY! Who's giving you good ideas?! I will kick someone's butt if they are giving you ideas!!"

But then I read this myself, and was quite impressed. I like the idea of a chart with stickers. And chocolate. I think chocolate would motivate me tremendously. :pray:

Seriously, I don't even think at this point that I'm trying to be rebellious (not that I would put such a thing past myself, cause I so wouldn't)...I just...forget. Ugh. And I so don't want to get another spanking for this--they get progressively worse, and...ouch.
Nic

Sing 'til you're breaking glass
or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

My blog!
Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I don't like spam. It's gross. Meat in a can is wrong.
How did you find the board?: I found my way over from Punishment Board, which is a great site that you should all go see if you haven't already. But I'm too lazy to try to link it here.

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:56 am

yup. sometimes, it's not rebelliousness. and if a spanking isn't making a difference, one can always try something else.

of course, the thing i tend to forget (really and truly forget sometimes; willfully "forget" others) is eating. but unfortunately for my backside, getting a hard spanking for that will generally "remind" me for at least a few weeks. and it will *definitely* encourage me to eat rather than skip a meal when the only reason i'd skip the meal is that it's inconvenient to stop what i'm doing and eat.

glad i could suggest something that both of you want to try!

:arr: :parrot:
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

Return to WWJD? (What would (Nanny) Jo Do?)