ttwd - spanko connection

Whether we call it "domestic discipline" or "rules" or "structure" or just "getting our needs met." This is a spot for those meta discussions about what it is that we do.

Re: ttwd - spanko connection

Postby Dreamgirl » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:29 pm

JigsawAnalogy wrote:I think the issue here is not whether or not she's a lesbian or bi, but the fact that she's your TA.
Although I totally recognize that the *fantasy* of dating a TA or professor is pretty hot. It's that whole authority thing....

Dang, :oops: I should've known that. I totally understand the conflict of interet thing from their perspective.
Note to self: will only go to TA's office hours when there's a legit question.
I'm still allowed to stare at her in class tho :lol:

Oh well. RL sucks :( and I'm gonna retrieve into my dream world now :hiding:
Dreamgirl
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: What IS a spammer?
How did you find the board?: Link on Punishment Book.

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:18 pm

I'm not saying you can't have a crush! I'm just saying it's probably not a good idea to expect it to be fulfilled. Also, depending on the age of your TA, you could just be patient and wait until you're not in the class any more, and *then* hit on her.... (You probably shouldn't actually do that.)
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby TryingReallyHard » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:51 am

JigsawAnalogy wrote:Also, depending on the age of your TA, you could just be patient and wait until you're not in the class any more, and *then* hit on her.... (You probably shouldn't actually do that.)

Why not? If you aren't actually HER student, is it still a no-no? I was thinking she should just wait until she finished the class... maybe ask for some extra tutoring? :-D

And hey-hey-HEY-heyhey! Season Sex Six was my FAVORITE because of the super-hot fuck/hate affair with Spike!
...uhm. I mean... Yeah, don't take dating advice from Buffy. :blush: LOL
~TRH
"The pressure makes us stronger; the struggle makes us hunger.
The hard lessons make the difference, and the difference makes it worth it." -Fireflight
TryingReallyHard
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: Fourteen letters to say I'm not Hawaii's favorite shelf-stable pantry staple? ;)
How did you find the board?: I think I followed a link from TiH? Maybe?

Postby lana » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:12 am

Wouldnt the thing to do be to just get to know her as a person and then the comments she makes will tell you what you want to know . Like i can rarely go out to lunch w a female friend where they do not make some comment about their current bf, or a guy who is nice/hot looking/etc, or their husband. Or even a comment about a movie staar like "Oooh hes sexy looking." Or she will say "Oh I have to go now my husband will be home soon or my bf and i are going out to such and such a place and then you would know. I am not gay but I can hardly imagine such a comment not coming up sooner or later if the woman was hetero. Women in general tend to be very family focussed and relationship focussed. So if you go out and no such info re bfs or guys comes up, it would seem that might be a good indication that she was possibly gay. Not sure though(?)
My husband was a prof and i believe it is quite okay for two adults to date just so one isnt currently in the position of being a teacher and grading the other . (BTW-this is prolly the most ignored ethic rule of all time :lol: )
Carrie
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: I am in a dd relationship and wish to communicate w others
How did you find the board?: On a web browser

Postby lana » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:18 am

Help! Why dont my smilies come up--only the very simple ones like smile and LOL show up. Is it due tothe parchment paper background?

posting.php?mode=smilies&f=3&start=75#

Carrie
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby Dreamgirl » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:50 am

Awwww, thank you guys for chiming in. Me wait????? Big challenge!!

I really ought to go to bed now...
Dreamgirl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:54 pm

carrie wrote:Help! Why dont my smilies come up--only the very simple ones like smile and LOL show up. Is it due tothe parchment paper background?

http://www.thisthingwedo.com/forum/post ... &start=75#

Carrie

Um, not sure what the problem is. I tested the parchment style, and the smilies are working in that. If some of them are showing up, it's unlikely the problem is that you've got images turned off in your computer. Um... did you click "view more smilies" underneath the smilies on the posting page? That's where the rest of them are hiding. Send me a private message letting me know which browser you use (I can test how the board works in Firefox, Chrome, and Explorer) and anything else that you think might be affecting how the board is showing up for you. Thanks.

carrie wrote:Like i can rarely go out to lunch w a female friend where they do not make some comment about their current bf, or a guy who is nice/hot looking/etc, or their husband.

Hmmm. I know a fair number of women--straight and lesbian--who just don't mention guys all that often. Maybe it was a factor of where I went to college (a women's college) or the work I did after college (working at a domestic violence shelter) or just the people I happened to spend a lot of time with. It's not that there weren't people who *did* talk about dating a lot, but there are a fair number of people I've known where it just never came up in conversation, or came up pretty rarely.

Dreamgirl wrote:Awwww, thank you guys for chiming in. Me wait????? Big challenge!!

LOL. Isn't the semester nearly finished? Well, at midterms, anyways. So you have to hold out another two and a half months? That's like waiting for your birthday or something. Have patience, and you'll get there before long.
:present:
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby lana » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:59 pm

JigsawAnalogy wrote:

Hmmm. I know a fair number of women--straight and lesbian--who just don't mention guys all that often. Maybe it was a factor of where I went to college (a women's college) or the work I did after college (working at a domestic violence shelter) or just the people I happened to spend a lot of time with. It's not that there weren't people who *did* talk about dating a lot, but there are a fair number of people I've known where it just never came up in conversation, or came up pretty rarely.

:

Yes maybe it is where you work or hang out. Also it may be more because women when if they happened to know that the person they were talking to was gay they wouldnt be as apt to make as many comments about bfs and sexy movie stars (?)
Carrie posting.php?mode=smilies&f=3#

ps cow smilie still not working. My browser is Firefox
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby lana » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:09 pm

http:/http://www.thisthingwedo.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=3&t=1092#/www.thisthingwedo.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=3&t=1092#

I tried tools and allow popups made an exception to TTWD to allow popups but still not working :hmmmmm:

Carrie
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:11 pm

carrie wrote:Yes maybe it is where you work or hang out. Also it may be more because women when if they happened to know that the person they were talking to was gay they wouldnt be as apt to make as many comments about bfs and sexy movie stars (?)

I think it probably depends more on the person than on whether or not they know I'm a lesbian. :) I've got a fairly wide range of facebook friends, for instance, and maybe 5% of them talk a lot about dating, etc (and whether they're gay, straight, bi, or trans doesn't seem to make a difference--it's more of a personality thing, I think); probably another 50% mention their partners or things that would indicate their sexuality on a regular basis; the rest... generally, by this point, I already know their sexuality (I mean, I've been friends with most of them for the past 10-15 years), but it just doesn't come up in conversation all that often. Well, okay, this week a fair number of the lesbian/bisexual/trans people mentioned something about Coming Out Day, so that would be an indicator. But I also know that depends a lot on how tolerant someone feels their community is, and on what the consequences are likely to be for coming out. And if someone might be harassed for being out, that would make them less likely to do so publicly.

Dreamgirl--I hope you enjoy your fantasies about your TA, whether or not they're reciprocated any time in the near future! :read:
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

Postby Dreamgirl » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:54 pm

JigsawAnalogy wrote:Dreamgirl--I hope you enjoy your fantasies about your TA, whether or not they're reciprocated any time in the near future! :read:

LOL, yes, big time fantasy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nanana:
You should've seen me drooling in class, staring at her like in a trance when she sternly dresses down some tough dudes or goof balls. My favorite thought is for her to put me (yeah, ME, not the "bad" kids) otk right in front of the whole class and spanks me soundly on my bare butt!!! :lol: Oh, the delicious humiliation and embarrassment! I could die happily after that.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???? Seriously. :thinking:

Oh, I told my roommate about my crush. She said I didn't know you were into girls now. I said well it wasn't planned AND it's only this one hot chic. So she said she'd snoop around to see if TA has a bf or gf :blush: :sigh: I'm sooo hopeless.

Midterms, so I better get off and er .... study.
Dreamgirl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Dreamgirl » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:56 pm

Oh, I got a chocalte treat icon. Yum. Thanks!!!
Dreamgirl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:24 pm

Dreamgirl wrote:Midterms, so I better get off and er .... study.

Which one is it, Dreamgirl? Get off, or study? :nanana:

You might enjoy this story, when it's time to take a break from studying: Collective Bargaining. It could stand some editing, but it's still fairly good, if I do say so myself.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

Postby KSK » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:07 am

Singing teasingly
It's not midterms for me, it's not midterms for meeee, it's not midterms for meeee!!!!

OH MY!!!! Is Marjorie lucky? I can't decide. Also, I'm imagining what goes on in that bathroom.
Not the strong silent type.
DD
KSK
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I am not!! I swear it!! I am not!!
How did you find the board?: Trough Jingsaw's blog.

Postby Dreamgirl » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:59 pm

JigsawAnalogy wrote:Which one is it, Dreamgirl? Get off, or study? :nanana:
You might enjoy this story, when it's time to take a break from studying: Collective Bargaining. It could stand some editing, but it's still fairly good, if I do say so myself.

:blush: Midterms are over, whew (I had five, so brutal). In fact I just woke up from an 18 hour slumber :) sleep does wonders to your brain and general happiness :rubhands:

It's a great and HOT story. So someone else has fantasies of public spanking?! :nanana:

KSK wrote:Also, I'm imagining what goes on in that bathroom.

Me too!!! ;)
Dreamgirl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Previous

Return to What it is that we do