strange conversation re: dd lifestyle

Whether we call it "domestic discipline" or "rules" or "structure" or just "getting our needs met." This is a spot for those meta discussions about what it is that we do.

Re: strange conversation re: dd lifestyle

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Fri May 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Eayore wrote:To discuss it with your husband, could you perhaps try to share your internal stories of what 'being submissive' means FOR HIM, and FOR YOU. My recommendation would be focus on getting to know each other's ideas, rather than trying to convince the other that one way is objectively correct. Maybe you could give an example of a dominant/submissive scenario you would find really 'hot'; and get him to do the same. Once you have done that, you may realise there are some areas where your stories are similar/overlapping/compatible - and others where you're going to need to steer clear or tread carefully.

This is a really smart suggestion.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby glimmering_girl » Fri May 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Eayore wrote:
glimmering_girl wrote:thoughts about any of this. i guess this is technically 2 topics. a-what is the dd lifestyle really like in your house? b-are my concerns over my husband just completely taking over silly?

My thoughts are there is no right or wrong way of doing TTWD; however each of us may have a 'script' in our own head of how things are supposed to happen. For example, in this online conversation you may have had one idea of what being submissive would feel like, while bf had a rather different idea. If your discussion then proceeds along the lines "This is how it works" - "Oh, no it isn't!" then I think the exchange is likely to be frustrating to one or both of you.

To discuss it with your husband, could you perhaps try to share your internal stories of what 'being submissive' means FOR HIM, and FOR YOU. My recommendation would be focus on getting to know each other's ideas, rather than trying to convince the other that one way is objectively correct. Maybe you could give an example of a dominant/submissive scenario you would find really 'hot'; and get him to do the same. Once you have done that, you may realise there are some areas where your stories are similar/overlapping/compatible - and others where you're going to need to steer clear or tread carefully.

As has been said many times over, you will then need to keep communicating probably for the rest of your TTWD lives together, and I think you can never stop learning about your own needs and those of your partner.

i used to send him stories all the time, spanking related and he never read them. ;P

i was going to try to push this along tonight but i feel like i'm chickening out. i've even been on very good behavior today for some reason. well, maybe not. hm.
glimmering_girl
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: i may be obnoxious but i don't spam
How did you find the board?: yay for google

Postby glimmering_girl » Sat May 07, 2011 12:58 am

I didn't chicken out and we discussed my first punishment spanking which I'm now awaiting. sooooo anxious!
glimmering_girl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby Meg » Sat May 07, 2011 11:11 am

We would all LOVE for you to let us know how it goes.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b: I am a real person, not a spammer
How did you find the board?: Through a google search

Postby glimmering_girl » Sat May 07, 2011 1:48 pm

amethyst wrote:We would all LOVE for you to let us know how it goes.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

am going to start a new thread for it because i'm proud of myself for asking for it and discussing my needs and wants at length despite the fact that it kind of felt silly and i was very anxious AND charged up for it at the same time.
glimmering_girl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Previous

Return to What it is that we do