Broken Rules

Perhaps your household works without a structure. Go you. The rest of us mortals need to figure out how this thing works. This is a spot for talking about how we create the structure of our various domestic arrangements.

Re: Broken Rules

Postby FootballJunkie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:21 pm

JA - that is awesome!!! I was looking around for the "like" button on facebook and then realized that I wasn't on facebook...
FootballJunkie
mmmm
mmmm

spam_b: I am most definitely not a spammer.
How did you find the board?: Google Search!

Postby altbob » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:57 pm

JA- I am impressed and HORRIFIED. I never appreciated what W had to deal with.
altbob
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: Not to spam, or relegate one's self to the lowest dregs of net life, that is the question.
How did you find the board?: Looking up BDSM, came across DD, then TTWD, and Google lit the way.

Postby PrttyinPnk » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:27 pm

W-Jigsaw'sBoss wrote:J has a way she acts when she has something to confess. It makes things very easy. She looks shifty and bites her cheek. Seriously.

Thats SO cute! And J...I told my little brother that his blonde hair would turn brown (like everyone else in the family) and he cried. I felt AWFUL. How did they react when you told them their hands would fall off? I would be horrified if my older sister told me my hands would fall off.....
PrttyinPnk
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I have never been asked if I was a spam bot before
How did you find the board?: Lurking on el tercer ojo (annie/mija) blog.

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:16 pm

Remember, this is more than 20 years ago, so I can't quite remember how they reacted. They kept asking me for further details on that, and on the goblin dust mines (the entrance to which, I claimed, was behind my bed, and into which they would be pulled, to slave away their lives pounding rocks into dust, if they went into my room without me there to protect them). As I remember it, they liked the stories I told them, and appreciated getting attention from me. As *they* tell it, I have scarred them for life with the horrible stories.

I'd feel guilty, except that I have since heard about far *worse* things that other siblings did, that made the littlest kids far more terrified, and which the youngest ones never laugh about when they're reminiscing. So my theory is, they enjoyed the stories, and knew deep down that I was making things up. Also, they learned a bit of the scientific method, and learned about testing theories for reality. Or something like that. And they've all got their adult hands by now, so hopefully they no longer worry about it. :bunny:
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby LadyShriver1 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:57 pm

Not exactly on topic, but similar... My mother had me convinced that shopping carts were pulled by invisible horses that only got to go back to "the stable to rest" when they were put in the proper places in the parking lot or at the front of the store. To this day I still feel so guilty if I think about leaving one out, I actually went back and put one away in the rain one time. Not to protect other people's cars, or help out the workers mind you, but to make sure the horse got to rest.
LadyShriver1
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I'm definitiely not a spammer...at least I like to think not.
How did you find the board?: google searchs

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:52 pm

That's a great one! I have many things I want to convince my future children are true, and now I've got one more to add to the list.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Previous

Return to Creating Structure