Maintenance...

Perhaps your household works without a structure. Go you. The rest of us mortals need to figure out how this thing works. This is a spot for talking about how we create the structure of our various domestic arrangements.

Maintenance...

Postby accidentallycrazy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:40 pm

I may have volenteered myself for a weekly maintenance spanking... Heh, T didn't have a clue about this concept before I introduced it to her last night. Somebody remind me why I keep telling her new ways for her to spank me :melo:

Yeah, last night... So I've been feeling down for the last few days - just in one of my down spirals, I suppose - and I think everything just caught up to me all at once. I don't think it would have been as bad if I hadn't discovered that we have a big damp/mold problem in the living room. I moved some boxes while cleaning and just found a significant section of wall covered in mold. That hasn't been at all fun to deal with and has just thrown me into a bad place with my guilty 'I should have spotted this before' feelings. This all ended up with me breaking down on her a bit last night and having half an hour or so where we both just cried and voiced the problems we're going through right now. Not many solutions were found, but I think we feel better for the talk.

Towards the end of it, I decided to voice my need for more regular spankings to deal with unresolved guilt/things I'd done that werent 'big' enough to warrent a punishment. Which of course led me to explaining the concept of 'maintenance'. T agreed to try it out. I gave her the choice of what day she wanted to do it on and she decided that Wednesday nights would be good to help me deal with any issues I need to before therapy on thursday mornings.

And, of course, today is a Wednesday. Heheh :eek:

I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes ;)

I'm also still working on getting to join up. Mainly through reading out old threads to her and showing what amusingly brilliant wonderful people you all are :)
accidentallycrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: I am a real person and not a spambot/spammer
How did you find the board?: I've been lurking for a while over at The Punishment Book and reading back through the old entries. I followed a link over from there :3

Re: Maintenance...

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Good luck. I think that, like many of us, you keep telling your partner things because you know you need them. Strange as it sounds, of course. :D

I've been missing maintenance spankings (or just that general Sunday check-in) in my own relationship. We've been taking a break from ttwd, and while I know it's for the best... I do still miss having it. (Remind me of that when we start up again and I'm due for a punishment... or perhaps I'll suggest to W that *she* remind me of it at that point in the middle of things where I'm absolutely certain that I don't want to go through with a spanking.)
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby accidentallycrazy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:13 pm

I very much meant to post this yesterday and just ran out of time for things XD

Well, it was... certainly not pleasant but then it's not supposed to be :lol: We decided we'd use something different than usual, since it wasn't a 'punishment spanking' and I wanted to approach it differently... which ended up in T using a wooden spoon on me. For the first time.

That thing hurts more than I expected it to! The warm up was fine; I was laid there thinking "Ah, well this isn't so bad.." and then T started smacking porperly and ow! It wasn't a very long spanking: T and I went through my rules beforehand and we decided I'd only slipped on one; procrastinating on my uni work. So it wasn't too bad overall, just while it was happening that spoon was... not nice. Don't think I want to take a proper spanking with that :D It stung more afterwards than I'd expected, too. I sat down later and was quite suprised at how much I could still feel it XD

The maintenance was a good idea. I felt a lot more settled afterwards and got a *lot* more done yesterday. Hence the lack of posting ;) I think this is definitely going to be a weekly thing, which makes me happy at the same time as I' sat here going :eek:

JA: Pft, what is this logic? Of course I don't *need* T to spank me so often... Ok, maybe a little. Just a little ;)

I will quite happily remind you. Only because you've asked me, of course. Bottom solidarity and all that :nanana: I hope the break from things is helping you and W; as much as it sucks to stop TTWD for a little while, I can definitely understand situations where it needs to take a back seat :lovey:
accidentallycrazy
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: I am a real person and not a spambot/spammer
How did you find the board?: I've been lurking for a while over at The Punishment Book and reading back through the old entries. I followed a link over from there :3

Postby lana » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:15 pm

JigsawAnalogy wrote:I've been missing maintenance spankings (or just that general Sunday check-in) in my own relationship. ...We've been taking a break from ttwd, and while I know it's for the best... I do still miss having it. (....

JA, I was curious. Why has W stopped doing the maintenance?
We have it but i dont like the term so we call it Spanking Night or just Wednes night. Gman doesnt skip it and if theres not much on the list, he gets out last week's .
I think it works by making me more submissive and respectful . Also on the list he will sometimes put down little things that I wasnt aware I was doing or not doing that was beginning to get irksome. Or when he had warned me and I had ignored the warnings.

lana :ewok:
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: I am in a dd relationship and wish to communicate w others
How did you find the board?: On a web browser

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:41 am

When we did maintenance, it wasn't even necessarily to address broken rules. Our nickname (other than just calling it "Sunday") was "establishing authority," and it was as much for W's benefit as for mine.

As for why we've stopped... discipline as a whole is on hiatus for us right now, although I don't know whether that would continue to be the case if I were to start breaking the rules or acting out. But right now, I'm giving W the space to work through some things she needs to work through, and we are (or at least I am) hopeful that if I can give her lots of room to work through her stuff, then when she does come back to discipline, she'll be more confident, and get more benefits out of it.

And, who knows, by the time we start discipline again, I might be *such* an angel that I won't need punishments at all. :pray:
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby lana » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:10 pm

JigsawAnalogy wrote:When we did maintenance, it wasn't even necessarily to address broken rules. Our nickname (other than just calling it "Sunday") was "establishing authority," and it was as much for W's benefit as for mine.

As for why we've stopped... discipline as a whole is on hiatus for us right now, although I don't know whether that would continue to be the case if I were to start breaking the rules or acting out. But right now, I'm giving W the space to work through some things she needs to work through, and we are (or at least I am) hopeful that if I can give her lots of room to work through her stuff, then when she does come back to discipline, she'll be more confident, and get more benefits out of it.

And, who knows, by the time we start discipline again, I might be *such* an angel that I won't need punishments at all. :pray:

I dont think so, JA!lol

I have a really hard time accepting a spanking with no reason for it. Last night he did this and I was demanding to know what it was for. He said just because and this was not enough for me. Then he made up a silly reason "Cause of those pajamas you have on" and I still didnt like it though i dont know why exactly. [I put up more of a struggle too than when its for a serious reason.]
lana
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: I am in a dd relationship and wish to communicate w others
How did you find the board?: On a web browser

Return to Creating Structure