Shopping Tomorrow!!!

Which do you love? Which do you hate? Which are effective? Which are delightfully noisy? Which have the utility of a wet noodle?

Shopping Tomorrow!!!

Postby Meg » Thu May 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Well...the time has come, and we are going to the Leather Market tomorrow afternoon at International Mr. Leather (IML) in order to go shopping! :-D :-D

On the list are a cane and a large, school type paddle. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wish us luck, please! I am both excited and nervous.
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b: I am a real person, not a spammer
How did you find the board?: Through a google search

Re: Shopping Tomorrow!!!

Postby Obsidian » Thu May 26, 2011 4:44 pm

I am so looking forward to going shopping tomorrow. One of the best things about shopping at the Leather Market is that the vendors are quite willing to let the customer try out the implement--over the clothes, of course. I plan to test drive a variety of paddles. :rubhands: I may have to try some of them several times, in fact. :weg: :weg: :weg:
Obsidian
Obsidian
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: Hello. I am not a spammer, just an interested person.
How did you find the board?: My partner found this site and sent me the link.

Postby Meg » Thu May 26, 2011 5:02 pm

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Shopping at IML is a *lot* of fun though. Even though it mostly Leathermen, it is really kind of cool that power exchange dynamics (and certainly spanking) at this conference are so, just, well, normal and open, at least for a weekend. You can talk about the purchase of a paddle in the same manner that you might buy a computer, a camera, or something else rather mundane. We also have a lot of friends who are Leathermen, who we often run into.
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Thu May 26, 2011 9:58 pm

Have fun!
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby Desperate4Discipline » Thu May 26, 2011 10:25 pm

That sounds like SO much fun!!!! Is this an annual thing? Is it only in Chicago or do they travel to different states? Not that Chicago would really be that far for us... Have a great time and please share the details!
Desperate4Discipline
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I hate spammers and therefore do not do it.
How did you find the board?: Found a link to it from some other site....can't remember which one. Sorry

Postby Meg » Thu May 26, 2011 11:36 pm

It IS a great deal of fun. No, it is only in Chicago, and an annual event. International Mr. Leather itself is a contest for Leathermen, mostly gay men into Leather (BDSM). It is held every year in a hotel in downtown Chicago during Memorial Day weekend, and is actually quite big business for Chicago. It is tons of fun, because the Leathermen will be walking up and down the streets in their Leather downtown Chicago all weekend. I have had some straight women acquaintances and coworkers who quite look forward to the weekend for that reason...because, even though the men are mostly gay, I some of them look really good (if you are into men that is...lol) Obsidian and I have never actually gone to any of the contests (as what we do is not quite the same), but go to the market almost every year (we had to miss the last two years because of other commitments). Most of the Leather/Kink groups, gay and straight, hold events around IML Weekend, and a LOT of people go *just* to shop at the Leather Market, which is ALWAYS spectacular. There are literally *hundreds* of vendors from all over the country (and even some from Canada) who come to sell their products at the event. You can find pretty much any implement you want in great variety at the Market, as well as many things that you would never have thought existed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not sure why, but Obsidian, in particular, is really comfortable around the Leathermen, *much* more comfortable than she is around any of the other Leather/BDSM/DD/TTWD communities we have been around, either online or in person (except this one, perhaps). Maybe because we often run into people we know in other contexts. We usually make a purchase or two, but the best part about it (for me, at least) is that Obsidian often gets a surge of confidence and...umm...inspiration from going, that often lasts for *months* afterwards. :-D It is the one social event in the Kink community that Obsidian is *always* willing to go to, and, in fact, is not only willing, but schedules ahead and makes plans to go.

I will warn you, though, D4D, that it can be a bit, well, shocking at first...lol...as one will see things that, well, you never thought you would :lol: :lol: :lol: . Much of it makes what we do seem quite vanilla and tame :lol: :lol: :lol:
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

Postby Desperate4Discipline » Fri May 27, 2011 10:15 am

I'm sure I can't even begin to imagine the things we would see!! :eek: :popcorn: :eek: :popcorn: :eek: :eek: :popcorn: :popcorn: Still it sounds like fun just the same. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Wonder if I could convince D to go next year??? :hmmmmm:
Desperate4Discipline
Rank 3
Rank 3

How did you find the board?: Found a link to it from some other site....can't remember which one. Sorry

Postby Meg » Fri May 27, 2011 2:48 pm

If so, maybe we can go together...along with anyone else here in the area.

FIELD TRIP!!!!!
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

Postby Meg » Sat May 28, 2011 8:44 am

Well, the shopping trip was successful, maybe too successful.

Obsidian went a little crazy in the cane department. She got a black either delrin or lexan cane (not quite sure) with silver metal handle, mostly because it is beautiful, and three different size rattan canes, which look like a cane family, with a papa, mama, and baby cane (the vendor sold them together in a kit along with a case...and um, as we took the train...a case was actually quite important as, well, they don't fit well in a regular shopping bag...lol). Unfortunately (or fortunately), that pretty much exhausted our budget (car trouble earlier this week cleared us out of money)...so no new paddle. There was one that Obsidian liked though, and we have the card for the vendor....so, she can order it later if she wants and if finances allow.

Thank goodness, she is going to want to take time to practice with the canes before using them on me, but I have a strong feeling that my behavior will be improving greatly. They all look kind of scary...even the little baby cane. :eek: :eek: :eek:

The shopping trip itself was a bit disappointing though. Not as much fun as I remember. We didn't run into anyone we knew. Maybe, because I am getting a bit jaded in my old age, or maybe because we *have* a bit of a community here, that is more like us...even though it is online, not in person. It *was* still fun, but it felt more like taking a trip to an outlet mall to get a new set of pots and pans than anything else.
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

Postby Desperate4Discipline » Sat May 28, 2011 6:53 pm

:fencing: :fencing: :fencing: :fencing: :fencing: :fencing: :fencing: :fencing:
Oh no no no, you wouldn't dare fence O with a cane....would you? ;) Either way, you're surely gonna be
:drop: :drop: :drop: :drop: :drop: :drop: :drop: :drop: :drop: :drop: :drop: :drop: :drop: :drop: :drop: :drop: :drop: :drop: :drop:
:-D Lucky you!! I think :brow:

:rubhands: :rubhands: :rubhands: :rubhands: :rubhands: :rubhands: :rubhands: :rubhands: :rubhands:
Desperate4Discipline
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Meg » Sun May 29, 2011 11:39 pm

Desperate4Discipline wrote:Oh no no no, you wouldn't dare fence O with a cane....would you?

I would love to say that I wouldn't, and that I am going to be a :angel: from now on, but, well....I can be a bit of a handful, or as Obsidian likes to say, I am two handfuls :lol: :lol:

I have no doubt that I will end up earning a caning every now and then. :sigh: :sigh:

As per our usual practice, though, the plan is that my first caning will not be over a new offense. We usually try something new in a more planned fashion, to see how we will both respond to it, outside of the stress and pressure over a punishment over something like a fight.

There is an issue between Obsidian and I that has built up over time, something that I have felt deeply guilty about and that Obsidian has been holding some anger and resentment about. The plan is to use my first caning to bring some resolution to this issue, once Obsidian feels ready and that she is comfortable the implement(s). She decided that she is not going to tell me more than a couple of hours in advance when it will be, because she knows me, and knows that I will be so anxious that I will not be able to accomplish anything up until the event....so, she wants to keep it at some amorphous time in the future, so that I will not worry about it until much closer to the time. Kind of her, I guess :brow:
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Mon May 30, 2011 2:01 am

amethyst wrote:so, she wants to keep it at some amorphous time in the future, so that I will not worry about it until much closer to the time. Kind of her, I guess

Interesting tactic: build up the low-level worry for a while, and then intensify it. I mean, maybe that's not how it will work for you. I know that, for me, it would be hard not to worry about it the whole time until it was actually over. But then, I'm only slowly unlearning the notion that worry is what holds the universe together....
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby Meg » Mon May 30, 2011 8:25 am

JigsawAnalogy wrote:Interesting tactic: build up the low-level worry for a while, and then intensify it. I mean, maybe that's not how it will work for you. I know that, for me, it would be hard not to worry about it the whole time until it was actually over.

I don't think Obsidian is all that devious for this to be a tactic. I think that it is more that she doesn't feel ready, yet, and does not really know when she will feel ready...and doesn't want to feel pressured or me to bug her about it. Once she sets a time, I tend to get pretty freaked out if it changes...so, I can see where she is coming from. She is also right about me not being able to function once it is set. Also, the purchase was planned for months, and the low-level worry has been there all that time anyways. The only difference now is that the implements are in the house for me to see.

I do really hope that Obsidian does not make me wait too long, though. Of course, I have learned LONG, LONG ago with her that rushing does no good and makes her do things even slower. :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: So I guess the only real thing for me to do is to put it out of my mind until she tells me it will happen. Not an easy thing to do though.
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Mon May 30, 2011 8:42 am

That does make sense, about not rushing her.

Good luck with the waiting, and with the experience when it does come....
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

Postby Meg » Mon May 30, 2011 10:10 am

JigsawAnalogy wrote:Good luck with the waiting

Waiting has got to be the absolute worst part of being a bottom. :melo: :sigh:
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

Next

Return to Implements