[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - Nicknames for implements

Nicknames for implements

Which do you love? Which do you hate? Which are effective? Which are delightfully noisy? Which have the utility of a wet noodle?

Nicknames for implements

Postby altbob » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:09 am

I was just thinking of some great nicknames or codenames for activities and implements.
Joy
Peace
Love
Understanding
Compromise
So you can say things like. I'm going to share peace with you. I'm going to give you joy. I'm sure we can compromise.
It can be a nice way to let your bottom know when they've done something and what they'll get.. plus imagine the fun conversations at a frieds house.
Bottom "honey, you don't need to express your love for me THAT much when we get home"
Top "oh but I do."
And just think how happy the nilla's will be the bottom has such a sweet and forgiving partner!
Other ideas like this?
altbob
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Re: Nicknames for implements

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:11 pm

W's actual code phrase about punishments is "we need to have a discussion" or "we have something to discuss." Doesn't work very well in making people think everything is sweetness and light, though.

Hmmm. If it's the wooden spoon, a top could say "It's time to stir things up a little" or "It's time we mix things up."
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Eayore » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:40 pm

P sometimes uses the words "you need to spend some quality time" ... e.g. 'thinking about that'. I'm not sure how other people would take this.
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby artlover » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:37 pm

I used to tell my wife we would be having a "conversation."

For a while, we had a spending rule. We both work, my wife even earns a little bit more than I do, but we put all of the money in the same account, we don't have "my money" and "her money." But under the rule, my wife could spend up to a certain amount without consulting me. But if she spent more without talking to me first, she went over my lap that evening. As she was heading out to shop, I would remind her that we would be having a conversation if she spent too much. (I would also talk to her before making a significant purchase. Fair is fair.)

Sigh. I really liked that rule. I generally don't have a lot I want to buy. My wife likes to buy things fairly regularly. Not super expensive, but enough so if we both did it, we would feel it a little, financially. Taking her over my lap when she spent more than "x" not only reduced the times that happened without making her feel resentful about not getting what she wanted, it also kept me from feeling jealous that she was spending more on stuff than I was.

And, of course, it was pleasant to think about her there at the store, deciding whether to go ahead with a purchase that would exceed the rule . . .

She knew that that evening she would be lying across my lap, with the purchased item in view for her contemplate whilst we had said conversation . . .

Hmm, I have gone off into "hijack the thread" territory on this one. So back to terms: "conversation" if anyone is around, "lap time" if it is just the two of us.
artlover
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:03 pm

Too bad you never got the chance to take Altbob's suggestion of using the item purchased to do the spanking. (Not really. But that's what I thought of.)
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby artlover » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:36 am

I cant think of anything she ever bought that would be implement useful. It is usually a piece of china or artisan pottery. Once day she went a little overboard and brought home a set of oak antique barrister bookcases. She went over my lap three times (on consecutive weekends) in a row for that one.
artlover
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby inschooluniform » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:49 am

Same here, when we are at our business premises or out and about I do or say something that gets me into trouble I am usually told something along the lines "You and I need a conversation later" and I now know that means only one thing.......
inschooluniform
ice cream!
ice cream!

spam_b:

Postby Ladyinredbottom » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:45 pm

Mine usually tells me "We'll talk about this later" (The tone of voice means business) or "Do we need to take care of this?" (Usually meaning my attitude). Although he has many phrases he likes to use its all in his tone of voice. Raises all the little hairs on the back of my neck and I know he means business. :blush:
Ladyinredbottom
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b:

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:19 pm

there was another thread about this once...

Yup. That's all I remember.

"I am loving, firm and flexible. Kind of like Lexan."
:cheesy:
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b:

Postby altbob » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:31 pm

I was more going for scary / humorous things. And names for specific things. Like a cane called Joy, a paddle called love, and a hairbrush called understanding.
The idea of being with friends, having a little disagreement, and telling your partner. "Well, we'll just handle this like other things. With a little Love" and watching her reaction in public.
Or if it's bad, saying, "I think we'll need some peace, love, and understanding. Then I'll share my joy with you". And a good response "No honey, really, keep your joy, I'm ok. And I'm sure we have enough understanding already"
altbob
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b:

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Meg- didn't you have some wacky names for your implements? All I can think of is Dr. Horrible, which wasn't it at all but would be AWESOME!!!!!!! and every time I broke it out I could practice my maniacal laugh...

"I am loving, firm and flexible. Kind of like Lexan."
:cheesy:
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b:

Postby wicked nurse » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:53 pm

Since we got our loopy Johnny R (who claimed he didn't like the idea of implements besides his hand) has nicknamed it
his toy. As in I think I'm going to play with my toy today or when we get home or whatever. Since hes basically an oversized ten year old who loves all his games and hobbies ( video games, remote control planes and helicopters etc.) nobody has even given us a sideways glance at this although I find it much more...shocking... to hear than his old "we should have a discussion" reminders.
wicked nurse
Rank 1
Rank 1

spam_b:

Return to Implements