[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - Silent Discipline

Silent Discipline

Or housemates, or children, or any of those other people who share our space, but who are not involved in our disciplinary arrangements.

Silent Discipline

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:27 pm

So first off, I'd like to start out by saying that S is particularly UNconcerned about anyone hearing her whale away on me. I was getting spanked before some friends of hers came over the other day, and I was like, "but do we have time? what if they get here while....I don't want..." and she says, "you don't want them to hear you getting your butt smacked?" and I was like, "yeah," to which she replied that I shoulda thought of that before I misbehaved. :huh:

That being said, she is quite careful, for example, when we go to her family's place for Thanksgiving, and this week, when her little sister is visiting (and by little, I do mean a 21 yo, not an actual kid), I know I won't be getting any spankings.

However, and this may sound odd, which is why I bring it up here, when I was mouthy (her word--as far as I can tell my behavior has never deserved such a descriptor) at her family's place, well, that night when we were in bed, she had me roll over on my stomach, where she proceeded to use her fingernails up and down my butt and back. Now, in most cases, if given the option, I'd take some scratches over a spanking ANY DAY, but this HURT, especially on my butt. She didn't draw blood or anything, but she left some nice red marks, and it stung like a, well, you know. AND I was a little sore the next day from it. She's indicated that she won't hesitate to do it while her sister is here either--I'm apparently not to get the impression that having family over will keep my butt safe. *pouts*

Anyway, all of this is to raise the question of whether or not anyone else has experienced...idk, non-spanking physical punishments? Within this realm of WIITWD, this isn't a typical punishment, I'm thinking. But I will say, while the physical movements weren't the SAME as spanking, it elicited a very similar response from me, and I think that was at least partially b/c it was still a close-contact, intimate act. And I gotta say, it WAS effective, and painful.

Okay, I don't actually know what my question is here. I could just be rambling. It happens. ;)
Nic

Sing 'til you're breaking glass
or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:28 pm

W has often commented that it's too bad I don't have the same response to pinching as I do to spanking, since it's quieter and easier. But it doesn't give me the same release.

Writing lines with paper taped to the wall is, IMO, definitely a physical punishment (and there I was, back when I was teaching after-school classes, wondering why writing lines was considered corporal punishment; that was before I had to actually *do* it!).

Same goes for a soapy mouth.

Beyond that, she tends to just use implements that are quieter, and to mask the sound by putting some music on in the room (and boy oh boy am I at the point of hating the "Dance" channel on MusicChoice!). She has (in my opinion) the totally unreasonable opinion that I will be able to keep myself from squealing or crying out.

So when silence is called for, it's usually the evil loopy thing, or else the bristle side of the bath brush.

Not sure what she'd do if we were staying in the same house as family, though, since that's something of a different matter.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:07 pm

Ooh! The bristle side of the bath brush? How quiet is that??

And what is your loopy thing made of??

And seriously, expecting you to be quiet?? Wrong, wrong. Though S has a rule that I'm not allowed to protest during a spanking--so, "No!" and "Please" or especially "Please stop!" aren't allowed.
Nic

or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:45 pm

The bristle side of the bath brush is shockingly quiet for the level of pain, because I guess the bristles absorb the noise.

The loopy thing is kind of based on the "Loopy Johnny."

JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:55 pm

*debates the intelligence of sending that link to S*

*wonders if she should buy a bath brush, or leave well enough alone*

Sheesh, JA, that loopy thing looks EVIL.
Nic

or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:23 pm

Oh, it *is* evil. All sting, and no thud to relieve it.

Bath brushes can be complicated, because there are some that *look* evil, but are totally wimpy; and there are ones that will break as soon as you look at them. Also, try to avoid the ones that have some kind of weird handle on the back, because one wants the option of getting the smooth side (well, okay, not when it's about to be offered, but in theory....)
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Eayore » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:27 pm

I hate all such things as pinching, biting, hair pulling, etc. as they take me back to vicious fights with my sister when we were both very young. So even though they hurt, they just don't work for me as punishments .. at all.

The most effective silent punishment in my case is corner time, and that is very effective indeed (provided it lasts long enough for me to get the message)!
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:30 pm

I think I would have a problem with the scratching if it was done spontaneously or out of irritation--that just wouldn't put me in a good place. But it tends to be done pretty much just like a spanking, only I'm not over her lap--she tells me to roll over on the bed and put my hands above my head, and be quiet. OY.

So, since there's a sort of calm ritual to it as well, it doesn't have that negative effect that it would if I did something to annoy her and she reached over to pinch me or scratch me.
Nic

or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Eayore » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:20 pm

Yes, I think that would work for me too.
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Art » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:05 pm

The noise of a good spanking or paddling has always bothered
us, as it tells everyone a bit more about our lifestyle than we
like. We didn't have a loopy, and I know it works, but for my
wife to seriously spank me, the stiff wire of the fly swatter can
make a real impression with little noise. Ditto for the straightened
wire coat hanger.

Lately, when we go out of town we just let go with everything.
Yes, the room nextdoor quiets, maybe some laughs - but several
times we heard the same noises from them. We do, however,
tend to avoid seeing them upon departure.
Art
eating cake
eating cake

Postby Eayore » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:46 am

Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Art » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:32 pm

Art
eating cake