[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - When to Say and not to Say 'Sir'

When to Say and not to Say 'Sir'

Or housemates, or children, or any of those other people who share our space, but who are not involved in our disciplinary arrangements.

When to Say and not to Say 'Sir'

Postby BickaBecka » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:16 pm

So... GD and I had a conversation about this yesterday. There was a bit of back and forth, but eventually, this was hammered out. I thought I'd share it in case others find themselves in a similar situation.

Situations to use 'Sir'
- When we are alone.
- When we are involving other people who do TTWD in the conversation.
- When we are having a private conversation that might be overheard by people who know about TTWD but do not do it themselves.

Situations not to use 'Sir'
- When we are involving people who do not do TTWD (even if they know about it) in the conversation.
- When we are having a private conversation that might be overheard by people who do not know about TTWD.
Bec
BickaBecka
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Re: When to Say and not to Say 'Sir'

Postby Homeatlast » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:08 am

Hmm. I imagine it is quite difficult not to let it just slip out when saying it becomes second nature. Good luck with that. I guess it will be more necessary than usual to remember in a few weeks time!!
Homeatlast
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby BickaBecka » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:20 am

It is difficult, yes, and there are bound to be slips. I'm more concerned that it might happen in front of GD's parents though...

Maybe it might just be dismissed as a lesbian thing...
Bec
BickaBecka
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby G.D. » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:35 pm

It will not be dismissed as a 'lesbian' thing .... and unlike you, it is not a conversation I want to have with my parents ......
The answer is simple ... self-control, discipline.
And I am curious ... when you think about me ... in your head ... am I only ever Sir?
GD
G.D.
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

Postby BickaBecka » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:20 pm

The short answer: no.

The long answer: -
There are many different types of Sir. There the plain "Yes Sir" that simply means yes, with a dash of respect. There's the drawn out "Yes Sir" which means "I feel like bursting into a happy bubble and want to cuddle you so much". "There's the moaned "Yes Sir" that means... well, you know. There's the "Oh, Sir" which means "I want to hold you and protect you the way bottoms have to protect their tops at times". Then, the "Oh, Sir" that's admiring and appreciative.

Then there are times when you're L. When I talk about you to others. When I see your face on my phone's wallpaper. When I imagine you as a child... you were so adorable. And still are, in more ways than you realise, I think. And sometimes when you cuddle me, and I imagine snuggling up next to you. At the end of the day, both are just labels, and it's how much I love and adore you that matters.
Bec
BickaBecka
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Homeatlast » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:46 am

This seems too private to comment on but as you are on a public forum I will just send my hugs to both of you. That was lovely Bec.
Homeatlast
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Return to What about the neighbors?