Weird

In a perfect world, discipline would cure all ills. But in the real world, not so much. How do we deal with those diagnoses that spanking just can't make go away. (You know, depression, ADD, DID/MPD. The thing a therapist would put on your medical record to convince the insurance company that they have to pay up, if you had a therapist and health insurance.)

Weird

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:38 am

W and I essentially just "graduated" from couples' therapy. We've been seeing the same therapist for several years, so this is a pretty major thing to be moving on from. The part that's reassuring is that our therapist agreed that, at this point, we don't really *need* couples' therapy any more. Which isn't to say we *never* will, and we do still have her contact info, but we seem to have gained the skills we need to communicate effectively with each other.

Of course, we'll see if that's still the case when we haven't been to therapy for a few months....
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Re: Weird

Postby altbob » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:02 am

YEAH!!! :boogie:
:walklike:
:llama:
:hiphip:
So what kind of dinner / celebration are you having this weekend?
altbob
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: Not to spam, or relegate one's self to the lowest dregs of net life, that is the question.
How did you find the board?: Looking up BDSM, came across DD, then TTWD, and Google lit the way.

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:14 am

You know, if I'd have thought ahead, we could have splurged and gotten something fancier than splitting a $9 sandwich on the train back home, couldn't we have?

One of the nice things about ending therapy is that's that much less time we will have to spend in the heart of tourist hell. Although we did brave the crowds, first of New Yorkers as the cheap-o store down there, and *then* the unholy combination of tourists and locals at the Macy's window display. (If you're in NYC, and can cope with the crowds, this year's window display at Macy's really is quite lovely.)

Maybe, instead, I'll think of something nice to do with her on the day when we would have had therapy next.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby jessewj » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:04 am

That's wonderful! So proud of both of you!!

:3
jessewj
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I eat spam for breakfas
How did you find the board?: I was looking for a domestic discipline forum that catered to all sexual identities and all partnerships. This was the most inviting one I found.

Postby Meg » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:35 am

Congratulations!

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b: I am a real person, not a spammer
How did you find the board?: Through a google search

Postby Eayore » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:13 pm

Great news!

I don't understand how this fits the title of the thread "Weird". Is there an explanation?
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: What is a spam bot?
How did you find the board?: From the Punishment Book

Postby altbob » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:45 am

JigsawAnalogy wrote:Maybe, instead, I'll think of something nice to do with her on the day when we would have had therapy next.

I think you mean TO her? :nanana:
altbob
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: Not to spam, or relegate one's self to the lowest dregs of net life, that is the question.
How did you find the board?: Looking up BDSM, came across DD, then TTWD, and Google lit the way.

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:54 am

I'm not sure she'd appreciate that, Altbob. :D
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

Postby DaddysLucy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Congrats, you guys! What a nice milestone :)
DaddysLucy
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I promise!
How did you find the board?: Punishment Book, I think

Return to Mental health