[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - Keeping the Crazy Ball Rolling

Keeping the Crazy Ball Rolling

In a perfect world, discipline would cure all ills. But in the real world, not so much. How do we deal with those diagnoses that spanking just can't make go away. (You know, depression, ADD, DID/MPD. The thing a therapist would put on your medical record to convince the insurance company that they have to pay up, if you had a therapist and health insurance.)

Keeping the Crazy Ball Rolling

Postby backlist » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:02 pm

Although I really wish I didn't have crazy to deal with - especially since it makes me feel like crazy might be why I like discipline and spanking, even though I'm certain it isn't - I've got more than my fair share. D. and I have been in together for almost 4 years and at the beginning I was much more sane. Take one traumatic accident (and the resultant stress about heights and loud noises) and sprinkle in a liberal assortment of mania and depression (and the perilous mood swings that come with them) and I'm more than either one of us can handle sometimes.

I'm sure it's why we've had more trouble with rules and why our dynamic has had moments of hanging on by a thread. We keep going, though, because we love this (and each other) and that's enough most of the time.
backlist
Rank 1
Rank 1

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:06 pm

Yeah, "crazy" sometimes does make everything just that much harder. It is, however, my firm opinion, that even without "crazy" there's always something that's going to cause roadblocks in a relationship.

As for getting crazier over the course of a relationship... hoo boy, yes. In my case, it seems like once my brain started accepting that W is safe, then it started pushing things out of my subconscious and into daily life, where things are way messier now than they were.

Kinda sucks for W that her ability to make me feel safe means that I can be a total obnoxious butthead sometimes.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Postby Rose » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:49 pm

Rose
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:51 pm

W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness