[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - Therapists, OTC meds and depression

Therapists, OTC meds and depression

In a perfect world, discipline would cure all ills. But in the real world, not so much. How do we deal with those diagnoses that spanking just can't make go away. (You know, depression, ADD, DID/MPD. The thing a therapist would put on your medical record to convince the insurance company that they have to pay up, if you had a therapist and health insurance.)

Therapists, OTC meds and depression

Postby bodack » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:38 pm

I spent three and a half years with a therapist. The biggest thing "we" found was that I am hyper sensitive to any medication including just plain old aspirin. People reading this who have badly depressed understand how easy it is to get focused one thing and think if you understand that the whole world will be better. We spent a whole year discussing an ex-girl friend from thirty years ago. No matter what she tried to get me to talk about I always drove the conversation back to my ex-girl friend. Then one day I told her about a typical depression where I couldn't even move. She mentioned that in her experience that was always chemical related. Since the only chemicals I take are the OTC type I just stopped one day. Four months later I quit being fixated on my ex and we moved on to other issues. For various reasons I have had to take pain pills, once perscription, and the depressions came back.

I hope this can help other people.

I noticed from other posts that some posters have trouble getting the therapists to get out of their mindset and really try to understand. MIne was the same way. She could listen to my description of me wanting to get a discipline spanking with professional detachment and on a couple of occasions when I talked about my experience with Dom's some actual interest and amusement. Domestic Discipline was a completely different story. Besides spanking DD has lot of interest in it for me because I need to have a relationship different than my Parents which was full of power struggles and emotional abuse of which the fall out was quite damaging to us kids. She would lose her professional detachment when I brought it up. I once mentioned DD bloggers talking about how hard it was to truly submit to the HOH instead of being a game. She snapped at me and said relationships are easy to end now days. Obviously there was something in her background that made it impossible to discuss it. Shortly thereafter I stopped the sessions.
bodack
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Therapists, OTC meds and depression

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:54 pm

My therapist has been really great about maintaining her professionalism regarding DD, but we don't talk about it much, and I'm not sure she realizes that i actually allow (beg, more like it, at times *grin*) S to discipline me, not just play.

I think they tend to get uncomfortable (at least in my case) with the idea of someone who has been abused in some way, allowing someone a measure of "control" in their life.

*shrugs* sounds like a good move to leave that therapist, though, i can't see staying with one who obviously had issues that were related to issues *I* was having.

Welcome!
Nic

Sing 'til you're breaking glass
or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Postby lilmissnaughty » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:58 am

I suffer from depression to I have since i was 13, I used to self harm alot, I tried lots of different meds but none of them realy worked for me, just made me sleepy all the time, I don't use any meds now i just deal with it myself. I have good days and bad days, some days i don't want to get out of bed. I'm not really close to my family, but I get through it with the support of my friends, and my mentor, The best way to help depression is to laugh, it really is the best way to feel better i usually watch a funny movie, or watch one of my favorite comedians, Also it helps to write my feelings down in a journel I do that when i feel like cutting it helps me alot.
"good girls are just bad girls who don't get caught!"
lilmissnaughty
ice cream!
ice cream!

spam_b:

Postby bodack » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:32 am

bodack
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Eayore » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:59 pm

This sounds interesting. What measurement are you talking about? I'm not familiar with these numbers. Is this a diabetes check?
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Postby bodack » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:47 am

bodack
Rank 3
Rank 3

Return to Mental health