[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - Unravelling

Unravelling

In a perfect world, discipline would cure all ills. But in the real world, not so much. How do we deal with those diagnoses that spanking just can't make go away. (You know, depression, ADD, DID/MPD. The thing a therapist would put on your medical record to convince the insurance company that they have to pay up, if you had a therapist and health insurance.)

Re: Unravelling

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:25 pm

Wow, so much going on for you Nick, and I missed it! I am glad that you have started to navigate through this, and haven't called off TTWD--trying to make that decision on the spur of the moment has never worked for me!

Regarding CBT (the mental health kind--I also don't have the equipment for the other...though I must admit to having found it rather fascinating...) my therapist hasn't really used it much that I can tell (and I've been trained in it, so I THINK I'd be able to tell...I hope), but I have been working it a bit on my own with a great book called "Mind Over Mood" that I feel has been teaching me some really specific tools for changing the way I think about certain things. Definitely not some great cure all, but I think it can be really helpful.

Just my .02 :)
Nic

Sing 'til you're breaking glass
or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Previous

Return to Mental health