[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - Will it ever get better?

Will it ever get better?

In a perfect world, discipline would cure all ills. But in the real world, not so much. How do we deal with those diagnoses that spanking just can't make go away. (You know, depression, ADD, DID/MPD. The thing a therapist would put on your medical record to convince the insurance company that they have to pay up, if you had a therapist and health insurance.)

Will it ever get better?

Postby Homeatlast » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:04 pm

OK so I am posting here again realising that the majority of recent posts in this section are mine! Maybe Nic is right, I am gobby!

So something just happened while I was chatting on line which has made me realise how little my self esteem has improved despite years of therapy and medication and making changes and getting feedback which is contrary to my negatve beliefs about myself.

The details are not important or relevant. The issue is the feeling of not feeling worthy of people's time, not being interesting or intelligent or relevant or trendy or any other number of things that I assume people want in their friends and I am not.

It's the SAME feeling as being 11 years old and singled out in the playground as worthy of bullying but not being worthy to be part of the group. I am still carrying shit round, what 29 years later. I thought i was passed it but here I am in a new group making new friends and I can't just accept it for what it is.

It feels pathetic to feel like that about myself at this stage in my life. I thought I should be able to accept that someone might like me or not care if they don't! Instead I sit here with that same sick feeling as then.

What a mess. Just what I need on top of everything else.

Sorry this is not ttwd related and a lot of my posts are not right now. Maybe I need to go find a mental health forum and leave you guys in peace!

Ok I'll go now and try to ease of the posting and give you all a break from my whinging.

Please do not respond to this by being nice. I won't believe it anyway (that's about me not you) and I'll just feel more pathetic and needy if you do.

Just wanted to share the frustration of wanting so much to move on but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.
Homeatlast
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Re: Will it ever get better?

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:27 pm

Fuck nice, if you bail on this forum, I'ma kick your ass.

I get it, feeling sick about the same stupid shit, and being like, wtf I thought I was PAST this???

I'm not being nice, just agreeing it sucks.

And telling you, nice or not, pushy or not, that I like you posting here, you make me feel free to be honest too, and I hope you don't stop (see my first line).
Nic

Sing 'til you're breaking glass
or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Re: Will it ever get better?

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:37 pm

JigsawAnalogy