[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - Urgh

Urgh

In a perfect world, discipline would cure all ills. But in the real world, not so much. How do we deal with those diagnoses that spanking just can't make go away. (You know, depression, ADD, DID/MPD. The thing a therapist would put on your medical record to convince the insurance company that they have to pay up, if you had a therapist and health insurance.)

Re: Urgh

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:02 pm

beltane is better for getting pregnant, i think.

a few years ago, i finally got fed up with the signs that say "keep the christ in christmas". i must've seen one around easter, because what i was inspired to do (although i have yet to do this because i'd rather not antagonize my neighbors) was to make a banner that says "i'll keep the christ in christmas if you'll keep the astarte in easter."

it would be better to have used "eos", the goddess after whom easter is named, but my friends say that people are more likely to recognize astarte.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Postby GF1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:00 pm

You all have a very high opinion of american education if you think most people would recognize either. But very funny if you were to use either one on a sign.

and HAL - hope you are feeling better.
GF1
rank 5
rank 5

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:28 am

hey! up until college, i was educated in US public schools. admittedly, they didn't start really starving the public schools in oregon for money until i was in high school.

then again, i grew up in a state that is *still* funding its libraries fairly well. also, i am a total nerd.

also, i kind of figure that people don't so much need to recognize who astarte (or eos) is, they just need to be able to make the leap from "christ/christmas" to "someone other than christ/easter".
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Homeatlast » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:10 pm

Hey

after having whined about how bad I was feeling the other day I just wanted to share that today things feel good.

I managed to overcome my fear of going into the city which has kept me from there for over a year. I spent the whole day there just walking in the sun and looking at shops and buildings like a tourist!

Now I no longer work there it is like looking at it from a new perspective and I realised that actually it IS home and I do belong.

It is a major step forward for me - even if tomorrow the depression is bad - today was good and that at least is a start.

Hope you all had good days too.
Homeatlast
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Eayore » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:55 pm

Not bad, thanks, yes.
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:07 pm

I'm glad to hear about your good day, Nick!!

It reminds me how important it is to celebrate the good moments, when I'm feeling like they're all bad!

hugs!
Nic

Sing 'til you're breaking glass
or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Previous

Return to Mental health