Know what we need?

How do we balance consistency and rules with the fact that our bodies might not always comply? What do we do when physical problems make spanking a no-go? How do we explain the marks to our doctors?

Know what we need?

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:32 pm

Do you guys know what I would reallys love?

I would love it if we had an actual medical provider available for advice and medical information related to ttwd.

I ***thiiiiink**** I could promise not to come to that person with "hey, I got this pain, what should I do", unless I'm referring to JA (J/K!!!), but wouldn't it be neat if we could ask our questions about physical health and spanking?

Do we know anyone who would be willing to fill that capacity? Someone mentioned that they had a spanko doctor themselves- we were all jealou7888888884 (shaddap, cat!) er, jealous.

I think it would be cool if anyone who had connections to spanko networks would ask around. I know we aren't all in the peak of health, and I think this would really add to our resources.

Thoughts? Of COURSE, we'd all have to promise to not take it as real medical advice, or legal matters come in to play, I'm sure...
W-Jigsaw's Boss

"I am loving, firm and flexible. Kind of like Lexan."
:cheesy:
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b: Still haven't tried spam musubi.
How did you find the board?: I married a(n equally) smart lady who made it.

Re: Know what we need?

Postby Naughty butt Nice » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:42 am

I would ask my obstetrician, but being that I haven't seen him in over a year and don't plan on getting pregnant anymore, so I don't think I'll be seeing him anytime soon. I'll try calling him though I will probably only get to talk to his nurse.
L
What goes up must come down!
Including hands and implements!
Naughty butt Nice
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b: Spam is maybe the nastiest meat on the planet. Smells like cat food, but even my cats won't eat it.
How did you find the board?: Googled domestic discipline and one thing lead to another and poof.

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:26 am

Hmmmmm. I admit that I would be slightly ambivalent about having someone join just to offer medical advice. But if anyone already on here is a doctor....

In the meanwhile, does anyone know of a good website with medical advice for spankos? I know they exist, but my body is letting me know that I have to take a break from sitting up or typing, so I'm about to be done with this visit to the board.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:46 pm

I guess that would meet my needs too.

You with the practical...
W-Jigsaw's Boss

W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:49 pm

W-Jigsaw's Boss

W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

Postby Ladyinredbottom » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:49 pm

After going to the doctor for some totally unrelated reason my doctor noticed a bruise on my upper thigh. She asked how I got it. I told her the truth. I was rude to my husband and he spanked me with a paddle. I assured her it was consensual and explained briefly our DD relationship. I also told her how I was a much happier person living in a DD marriage. She took a few minutes to process all the information that I had just given her. She smiled at me and told me she was glad I had found something that made me feel better in life. She took the time to point out the areas that my husband should avoid when punishing me and continued on with her exam.

I unfortunately don't go to that doctor anymore because I moved but I plan on telling my current doctor too! As medical professionals they have a legal obligation to keep your information confidential. Especially when you tell them that you are not abused and have entered into the arrangement willfully. Our doctors need to have the facts. If that means telling them you were strapped across your upper thighs and now your afraid you've pulled a muscle then by all means share the information. Get the medical attention you need. If all else fails just pretend you received your injury during rough sex. Who's going to question that? Just remember their are plenty of people out there that do what we do. Not all of them are willing to admit it or join forums like this one but they understand none the less.
Ladyinredbottom
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: I am not a spammer. I am a human. As a human I do make errors. When I do my backside pays the price.
How did you find the board?: I have been looking for a site like this for awhile. I am new to domestic discipline and feel that I may need some guidance in the new lifestyle my husband and I have chosen for us

Return to Physical health