Lax in Punishments due to Headaches!

How do we balance consistency and rules with the fact that our bodies might not always comply? What do we do when physical problems make spanking a no-go? How do we explain the marks to our doctors?

Lax in Punishments due to Headaches!

Postby Naughty butt Nice » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:12 am

Well, I found out what was keeping my hubby from dealing with my brattiness last week. He finally decided to talk to me today about it.

For one he thought that my mind was just to full waiting to findout about what the baby is, so he decided to be a little lenient because of that, but also he thought that since I was having really bad headaches all week I deserved a much needed break and rest. So, he decided in order to do this he would just give me a week of no discipline.

I told him that this made me feel worse not better, because then I started stressing over the fact that I thought he had abandoned my needs and just didn't care anymore. Once he heard this I was informed that during his midnight break that I am getting a spanking for thinking that he would ever not care about me.

So I guess here in about an hour I'm in for it. Although he only has 15 minutes total on his break and it takes him 2 minutes drive time both ways so at least he don't have much time. He also told me that if this was going to be the way I felt everytime he tried to give me a break because of health issues then I will get no more breaks.

I told him that if I felt that my health was so much of a problem that I thought we needed to take a break I would let him know. So, we have decided that from now on unless I let him know that I feel so bad that I just don't think I can handle keeping up with the rules for a while, then he will not take anymore breaks. Not even for, what he considered, my own good.

Anyways, I feel much better now that we had a chance to have a good talk about it and I'm not feeling so anxious or the need to rant.
:sheep: :cow: :snoopy: :penguin: :piano: :elephant: :cheesy:
L
What goes up must come down!
Including hands and implements!
Naughty butt Nice
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b: Spam is maybe the nastiest meat on the planet. Smells like cat food, but even my cats won't eat it.
How did you find the board?: Googled domestic discipline and one thing lead to another and poof.

Re: Lax in Punishments due to Headaches!

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:23 am

i hope it worked out well for you.

one thing w and i have noticed is, if she *tells* me ahead of time that she isn't going to do a punishment, and why, then i'm able to roll with it pretty well. it's when she doesn't mention her thinking that i start to get a little... cranky? mistrustful? feeling like she just forgot or can't be bothered? probably all of the above.

showing that once again, communication is key. the more communication we can manage, the better things go.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby DaddysLucy » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:33 am

Maybe when you're feeling sick, you could talk to him and renegotiate rules and chores for that day? Because then, you aren't breaking rules. And for things like attitude or mouthing off, if you are genuinely too sick, well, he can keep a notebook with a list and punish for those when you're feeling better.

I think it's important that rules be fluid. They should be there and enforced all the time, but my rule about exercising 3-4 times a week goes out the window when I have a stomach flu, you know?
DaddysLucy
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I promise!
How did you find the board?: Punishment Book, I think

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:17 pm

Being sick SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!!!!!!! :blush:
W-Jigsaw's Boss

"I am loving, firm and flexible. Kind of like Lexan."
:cheesy:
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b: Still haven't tried spam musubi.
How did you find the board?: I married a(n equally) smart lady who made it.

Postby Naughty butt Nice » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:09 pm

We discussed all of this. I have never asked him to change the rules when I don't feel good. He just thought he was being considerate. He also assumed that I would know why he was laying off of TTWD for that week.

Once we talked about it, he understood that I was breaking rules to be bratty, not because I was too sick to do them. I was having headaches, but I was also taking Tylenol and could have done what I was suppose to. I just was in to mood to be bratty. You know testing.

So, we have decided that unless I discuss with him that I am not feeling good and that we need to modify things for a couple of days or unless he talks to me and says that we need to modify things until he feels better, then everything goes as normal.

I can handle things being modified until one or the other of us feels better. I just can't handle when it just stops without warning and it is just assumed that we both know what is going on.
L
Naughty butt Nice
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b: Spam is maybe the nastiest meat on the planet. Smells like cat food, but even my cats won't eat it.
How did you find the board?: Googled domestic discipline and one thing lead to another and poof.

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:58 am

i think it's one of those complications of relationships. because probably 2/3 of the time, you actually *do* know what the other one is thinking. but that last third... not so much. but if you get it right more often than you don't, then it leads to this perception on both ends that things can be left unsaid, because the other one is so good at knowing....

or at least, that happens in my own relationship.

:peace:
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby Naughty butt Nice » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:38 am

Yeah, I know the feeling, but like I reminded my hubby. You know the saying about assuming right?

When you assume you make an "a**" out of "u" and "me".

I know that usually we do both know each other well enough that we can pretty much figure out what the other is thinking or feeling, but like I told him we got there from communication, and if we don't keep up that communication then we will lose that ability to read eachother so well.
L
Naughty butt Nice
rank 5
rank 5

Postby Naughty butt Nice » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:49 am

:woohoo: I got my hubby back! :woohoo:

I received my spankings this week just like I was suppose to. He was a little tentative at first then I reminded him that I am not made of glass and if I needed him to go light on me I would make sure that he knew and understood why (man was that a mistake, then I really got it).

I received my maintenance spanking on the first night he was off which is a little backwards for us but he said that it was also serving as a warm up spanking for the next night since I didn't get any last week.

On his second night off I got the spanking for not keeping the dishes done up last week (I did dishes every night, I just never actually finished all of them. I left a sink full every night). I was just going to get a very long hand spanking, but I didn't think that would be enough (what was I thinking?) so, I admitted to him that I never did finish the laundry last week (that was why he ran out of shorts) so, he added 25 licks with the paddle.

Man am I sore but I am also a very satisfied bottom. I am so happy to have my hubby back that I will gladly sit on my very sore bottom without complaining (out loud at least). ;P
L
Naughty butt Nice
rank 5
rank 5

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:25 am

I am so happy to have my hubby back that I will gladly sit on my very sore bottom without complaining (out loud at least).

aw, that's sweet. i hope he gets a job soon where you'll get to see him a *lot* more often.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

Postby Naughty butt Nice » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:41 pm

JigsawAnalogy wrote:i hope he gets a job soon where you'll get to see him a *lot* more often.

Yeah, me too, but I'm not holding my breath. They are talking about giving him a promotion and raise at the job he is at, so now he is talking about staying. Oh well, one of these days it will work out. Maybe when the kids start school, I think I can handle it for a few more years.
L
Naughty butt Nice
rank 5
rank 5

Postby Topper » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:03 pm

Glad to hear you're happy about it. And asking for more? You sound like GF.
Topper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby DaddysLucy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:55 pm

Good for you! I know time without spankings can be hard, and I'm glad your health and his schedule were able to converge :)
DaddysLucy
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I promise!
How did you find the board?: Punishment Book, I think

Postby Eayore » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:08 pm

I think life definitely gets easier when all the kids are in school. How long will that be for you, Naughty Butt Nice?
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: What is a spam bot?
How did you find the board?: From the Punishment Book

Postby Naughty butt Nice » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 pm

Well, the youngest one is still in the belly. I am 21 1/2 weeks so I still have 18 1/2 weeks to go before this one is even born. Then they don't start head start until they are at least 3 yrs old, so it will be about 4 yrs.

That may seem like alot, but when you stop and think back over the last for years you find it is a lot less time than you first thought. :bubblegum:
L
Naughty butt Nice
rank 5
rank 5

Postby Eayore » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:35 pm

Oh, I forgot about the one you are expecting now! Sorry about that, I was a bit tired when I wrote that.
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: What is a spam bot?
How did you find the board?: From the Punishment Book

Next

Return to Physical health