Reducing bruises?

How do we balance consistency and rules with the fact that our bodies might not always comply? What do we do when physical problems make spanking a no-go? How do we explain the marks to our doctors?

Re: Reducing bruises?

Postby Eayore » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:00 am

Clearly the voice of experience! Thanks for these tips.
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: What is a spam bot?
How did you find the board?: From the Punishment Book

Postby Alison » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:05 pm

I think Danielle would love to bruise more - after a severe spanking she is often pouty the next day and insists she must have bruises because it hurrrrrrrrrts! The other day I drew blood when I spanked her with a bath-brush (bristle-side down) and although I wibbled a bit internally about it, she seemed fine. I stopped what I was doing and told her she was bleeding and she sounded interested but didn't want me to stop, so I kept going. Do you guys have a safeword? Personally I find it really helps me not worry about how much I am hurting her if I know she can stop it if she thinks I'm causing any damage.
Alison
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: You know, I have never eaten spam. I like the Monty Python Spam song though. But no, not a spammer.
How did you find the board?: From Danielle

Postby Danielle » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:32 pm

It does hurt. But with many, many more r's. It's not fair that I can feel where the bruises are, but don't show on my skin, so Alison can't see them. Boo.
Danielle
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I am not a spammer. I don't even like spam. It has those hard little rubbery bits that scare me.

Postby bodack » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:10 am

Adel Haze (A spanking model speaks) has a good article on this.

http://adelehaze.com/
bodack
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Lisababe » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:29 pm

We've decided that brusing does not equal abuse. Billy feels like marking up and bruising is unfortunate, but is small potatoes compared to the bigger picture of me behaving well. I agreed. We decided when we started, that when it's punishment time, that my rump is up there for my husband to use in any way he sees fit to get the results he is after and that I have no say so in about it.

I do not bruise easily. There have been times when I thought I would bruise but did not. This is usually the case, when I only get a hand spanking. Even though it is only with the hand, Billy will be telling me how my ass feels good and hot, how he can see the welts starting to form where he's slapped me repeatedly in the same spots, or how he feel my cheeks getting a little "lumpy". I will think how can I not bruise, but I usually won't.

Usually, I won't bruise unless the hand spanking is just a warm up and is followed by a session with the belt. Billy has made comments about how the pattern of belt marks will really show up when the redness turns purple. So, for us brusing is not abuse. It's just a by-product of the punishment, and 100% at my husband's discretion.

Besides the obvious reason, I think I brusie more with the belt when I am tied down. If I began to struggle, wiggle, try to block, or resist in any way, or sometimes as a pre-emptive measure, Billy will make me spread my arms and legs and use padded cuffs on my wrist and ankles to hold me in place. It would not matter if it was just my hands. But with my ankles cuffed, I am all spread out, and I can feel the hand slaps or the belt even more deeply and severely.

More about bruising later, but I am running a little long.

Take Care,

Lisa
Lisababe
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: I am not a spammer, just a 28 year old wife.

Postby Ginger » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:46 pm

Bruises (contusions) or ecchymosis is due to the rupturing of usually capillaries into extracellular spaces near or in the dermal region where trauma occurs. Deeper trauma causes bruising as well, however this can be more ominous. To reduce or prevent bruising would include using a paddle or back of a brush with a large surface area to distribute the applied noxious pressure to a larger area. Also slight padding can help, much like that on a smooth padded ping-pong paddle. A larger width leather belt with non-sharp edges can also reduce bruising compared to thinner belts. The force applied to the individual “bottom” also determines the amount of bruising. Consider reduction of force used to just a slightly lesser degree. Use cold packs (cover the ice pack with a towel or such) to reduce the bruising after discipline is administered; although, this may diminish the effect for the “bottom” due to numbing effect. Ice packs can be used for the first 24 hours. Once a bruise has occurred and is turning brown, applied hot pack (don’t use burning hot) can help blood flow and slightly increase absorption of the broken down erythrocytes (red blood cells). Superficial bruises are not necessarily a bad thing, deep bruising on the other hand really should be avoided since could represent a hematoma or other conditions. If you take daily aspirin this can increase bruising and if you are on Plavix or anticoagulants (such as Coumadin) you should avoid being a “bottom.” Anyway, just some suggestions. Common sence is the best rule of thumb.

Sincerely
Ginger
Ginger
Rank 1
Rank 1

spam_b: I don't even know how to spam!
How did you find the board?: BickaBecka advised me to join.

Postby MissCane » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:26 pm

Bruising is a common problem when you are employing thuddier implements on the bottom, such as a heavy paddle or even a dense rattan cane like a senior dragon cane (applied with enough force can leave heavy bruises). Lexan and synthetic canes are also notorious for leaving bruises as they are thick and dense, which is one of the reasons I do not have synthetic canes and all my canes are rattan. I do have a thick and heavy tawse which is capable of leaving bruises if applied with reasonable force.

My preferred and primary instrument of correction is the rattan cane and I have quite a few of them in my cupboard in various sizes and thickness and employ them fairly frequently. I prefer using a cane which is no more than 7-8mm thick and imparts a vicious sting and leaves raised welts but does not bruise awfully. Cutting or breaking the skin has always been my problem as I'd like to cane him with thinner and whippier canes which are capable of cutting and I have cut his skin and drawn blood a few times in the past. I try and avoid that now by letting him have his boxers on if I am particularly in a mood to thrash his bottom with a thin, whippy cane. If I do give him a punishment caning, I want the raised welts to last 5-7 days and it is a wonderful sight to see his bottom glow in reddish weals and slowly subside over days, reminding him of what he got. And I also like to run my fingers and nails thru the raised welts after a few hours of me delivering the punishment and it is an incredibly erotic experience for both of us :)

Arnicare gel is the standard post caning treatment we use and we are well stocked on Arnicare at all times :) He loves to get over my knees after the punishment while I apply Arnicare over his raised welts and he waits in agony for me to signal him to come over and lay on my knees while I apply it and caressing him while doing it and he adores that activity. I always inspect the weals on a daily basis after the day of punishment to make sure the weals last long enough to serve him as a reminder as well as a testament to my caning accuracy and prowess :) And all those days the weals last, are opportunities for him to come and lay over my knees with the Arnicare and a puppyish smile as to what he wants. I maybe quite strict and severe and resolute while punishing him but I also know how to nurture and take care of him afterwards and tend to his marks I left. :lol:
MissCane
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: I hate spammers and spam with passion
How did you find the board?: Stumbled across it while searching.

Postby Eayore » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:57 pm

MissCane wrote:I always inspect the weals on a daily basis after the day of punishment to make sure the weals last long enough to serve him as a reminder

Might I ask, what happens if you discover they didn't last long enough? (If that has ever happened.)
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: What is a spam bot?
How did you find the board?: From the Punishment Book

Postby MissCane » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:02 am

Eayore wrote:Might I ask, what happens if you discover they didn't last long enough? (If that has ever happened.)

It means only one thing and that is I have to make better efforts next time :) And it has happened more often than you would think and it can be both negative and positive. The negative being I did not do my work well last time and need to put in more efforts. The positive thing being his botty is ripe and ready for the next punishment caning sooner than expected :-D :-D
MissCane
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: I hate spammers and spam with passion
How did you find the board?: Stumbled across it while searching.

Previous

Return to Physical health