Reducing bruises?

How do we balance consistency and rules with the fact that our bodies might not always comply? What do we do when physical problems make spanking a no-go? How do we explain the marks to our doctors?

Reducing bruises?

Postby Shahrazad » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:02 pm

Hey everyone; pleased I found this board, as I have been wanting to find a forum where I could discuss things with likeminded people.

If you do not mind, I will start off with a question straightaway.
I have very sensitive skin and I bruise at the drop of a hat, though fortunately do not bleed like poor writegerl! My husband gets upset when he sees me bruised and is afraid he has hurt me too much, even though I keep telling him this is not the case.

I do not want him to think he has hurt me, and certainly do not want him to withhold spanking because my bottom is bruised! Do any of you have any tips on how to reduce the bruises?
Shahrazad
Rank 1
Rank 1

spam_b: I am honestly not a spammer. You may spank me if I lie.

Re: Reducing bruises?

Postby writegerl » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:32 pm

I haven't found anything that stops the bruising from occurring, but Arnica helps them fade more quickly. I got mine at GNC, and it was only $10 for a big bottle.

I feel your pain in bruising so easily! I just bump into something and I look like I got beaten!
writegerl
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I went years without filling this out. Pout.
How did you find the board?: a blog. uh oh. a blog isn't 10 letters.

Postby Shahrazad » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:14 pm

Arnica? Brilliant, thanks, I'll try that!
Shahrazad
Rank 1
Rank 1

spam_b: I am honestly not a spammer. You may spank me if I lie.

Postby Eayore » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:37 pm

My own personal experience is the skin on my bottom gets much more resilient if I am spanked frequently. I bruise easily if I haven't been spanked for a few weeks, whereas if it is a regular occurrence (twice a week or more often), I don't get bruises at all.

Perhaps you could reassure your husband that it's nothing to worry about??!
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: What is a spam bot?
How did you find the board?: From the Punishment Book

Postby Naughty butt Nice » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:38 am

Eayore wrote:Perhaps you could reassure your husband that it's nothing to worry about??!

I agree with Eayore. I don't have any ideas on reducing bruising, but get him to read this forum there are some posts on here that explain how we bottoms really feel about our bruises and that we don't consider them abuse or anything (that is if you feel the same way after reading these posts.)

I don't remember exactly were we talked about these things at, but it seems after the tops read these messages they don't seem as apt to worry about it.
L
What goes up must come down!
Including hands and implements!
Naughty butt Nice
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b: Spam is maybe the nastiest meat on the planet. Smells like cat food, but even my cats won't eat it.
How did you find the board?: Googled domestic discipline and one thing lead to another and poof.

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:44 pm

I will tell you that my heart STOPS if I think I've broken the skin or gone too far. I HATE it.

But I listen to JA and I respect and trust her when she says I haven't gone too far. It's a freak out that I try and keep to myself.

Cause a top's gotta do what a top's gotta do.
W-Jigsaw's Boss

"I am loving, firm and flexible. Kind of like Lexan."
:cheesy:
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b: Still haven't tried spam musubi.
How did you find the board?: I married a(n equally) smart lady who made it.

Postby bethannie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:45 am

I tend to mark/bruise really easily.

I have used creams to reduce bruising. There's a good German one, called Marmoset Oil (Only a name, no cute furry animals get hurt!) and Arnica, which is more readily acvailable.

Generally, I like to leave bruising.
I love to know I'm marked. And it also reinforces the reason for the bruising, both visually and with the wonderful afterglow and soft, 'good' pain when sitting on a tender bruised backside.

Reducing the bruising would also have slightly disappointed my Top. He just loved to look at it later.....
:rubbutt:
bethannie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Location: Staffs, England...desperate to relocate! And guess what...I have - East Coast now!
spam_b: I am many, varied things - but a spammer is not one of them!

Postby Pokey » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:16 pm

bethannie wrote:Generally, I like to leave bruising.
I love to know I'm marked. And it also reinforces the reason for the bruising, both visually and with the wonderful afterglow and soft, 'good' pain when sitting on a tender bruised backside.

This comment jumped right out at me. I think if tLOML managed to bruise me, I'd want to leave it too. Of course, I don't even *have* a doctor to be concerned right now... wonderful Canadian medical system that it is... :dry:

Reducing the bruising would also have slightly disappointed my Top. He just loved to look at it later.....
:rubbutt:

And this is where it will fall apart for me. Though tLMOL says he really likes erotic spankings, I'm not holding my breath that he'd ever do anything to mark me. He is still getting beyond he idea that I actually get pleasure out of being completely available to him sexually and even the erotic spankings usually leave me wanting more. ;)

Cheers!
Pokey

~ forever learning and loving it
Pokey
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: I do not appreciate spam and would not forward any on to anyone else.

Postby Eayore » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:25 pm

bethannie wrote:I love to know I'm marked.

Yeah, I know what you mean! ;)
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: What is a spam bot?
How did you find the board?: From the Punishment Book

Postby bethannie » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:26 pm

Pokey wrote:Though tLMOL says he really likes erotic spankings, I'm not holding my breath that he'd ever do anything to mark me

Have you considered suggesting he marks you in other ways first? Perhaps he could start with a love-bite on the neck... then move onto a love-bite on an otherwise un-marked bottom...once he realised that this doesn't really hurt you (or only in the good way!) he might decide it looks rather good and move onto leaving a hand-print...and finally using a hairbrush just hard enough for a light bruise?
bethannie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Location: Staffs, England...desperate to relocate! And guess what...I have - East Coast now!
spam_b: I am many, varied things - but a spammer is not one of them!

Postby DaddysLucy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:38 am

I have the opposite problem. I would love to bruise, but it's so hard to bruise me! I did have a couple of tiny bruises after this weekend, but Daddy had used his hand, the strap, and the belt for quite a while. I think I bruise more when I get spanked frequently over the course of a day or a couple of days.

Eayore, if I haven't been spanked in a while, it actually takes me longer to bruise. I think I bruise easiest when my bottom is pretty consistently "warmed up."
DaddysLucy
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I promise!
How did you find the board?: Punishment Book, I think

Postby Pokey » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:15 pm

bethannie wrote:
Pokey wrote:Though tLMOL says he really likes erotic spankings, I'm not holding my breath that he'd ever do anything to mark me

Have you considered suggesting he marks you in other ways first? Perhaps he could start with a love-bite on the neck... then move onto a love-bite on an otherwise un-marked bottom...once he realised that this doesn't really hurt you (or only in the good way!) he might decide it looks rather good and move onto leaving a hand-print...and finally using a hairbrush just hard enough for a light bruise?

I completely missed this post!

Thank you for such wonderful suggestions. :)

tLOML and I have started a habit of taking a few minutes to ourselves, locked in our bedroom, after supper every few evenings as either one of us needs it. It's usually me who needs it admittedly. Still it's so nice to have that time to talk where the kids (five between us and we have all five this month) know we aren't to be disturbed but we'll be out soon. Anyway, I was asking tLOML about other ideas to explore and he said he wanted to think on a couple of things and that he'd get back to me. It's so hard to be patient. (grin) Next time we take time alone I'll definitely ask him what he thinks about marking me in other ways.

He might just go for it as last week we were talking about chatting online as an old friend of mine popped up and wanted to chat with me. This friend is male and we haven't chatted since before tLOML and I even met. He assumed I was still available and started flirting. I let tLOML know and all he said was, "you can chat with anyone you want as long as you sleep with me." Not sure if he meant sleeping or sex or both but it made me grin. Either way, maybe tLOML would like the idea of marking me to make it obvious that I'm his. :D
Pokey

~ forever learning and loving it
Pokey
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: I do not appreciate spam and would not forward any on to anyone else.

Postby Naughty butt Nice » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:52 am

Pokey wrote:Either way, maybe tLOML would like the idea of marking me to make it obvious that I'm his.

Good luck Pokey. I hope all goes well during your talk. Congratulations on the progress that you are making. It sounds like the time to talk is what you needed to be able to start telling him exactly what you want and to help you figure out exactly what it is that you want. Keep up the communication and hopefully in the end you will both be happy with TTWD. :peace:
L
What goes up must come down!
Including hands and implements!
Naughty butt Nice
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b: Spam is maybe the nastiest meat on the planet. Smells like cat food, but even my cats won't eat it.
How did you find the board?: Googled domestic discipline and one thing lead to another and poof.

Postby Lisababe » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:59 pm

Hello,

My response is going to be a 2 parter and I will probably only have time for Part 1 now.

To reduce bruising, I would suggest:

The husband (if the HOH is the man), needs to know his wife's body so well, that he knows what a certain level of redness means. The same red mark on my butt does not mean the same thing on my rump as it would on yours.

I would advise a heavy dose of warming up before a heavier portion of a spanking.

The discipline should be more regular or at least a regular as needed. I think our butts respond to spanking the way the rest of the body responds to exercise.

Avoid heavy instruments like a heavy paddle.

Try to not to clinch and tighten your buttocks.

Sometimes, bruising can occur because of nutritonal issues. Keep up on your vitamins.

Instead of the traditional o-t-k, try laying on something like your bed or couch. It seems to help me.

Kneading, massaging, or squeezing, although painful during the spanking, seems to reduce bruising. At the same time, he can sort of evaluate the progress to this point. He may decide that a certain area is close to bruising and he could avoid it.

Your husband should try for complete and even coverage over both cheeks in which he spends an ample amount of time in each area, but does not conentrate consecutive swats in one area.

Got to go. I hope this helps. More thoughts on bruising to follow.

Take Care,

Lisa
Lisababe
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b: I am not a spammer, just a 28 year old wife.

Postby Vixie » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:16 am

Here is what I have learned from my personal experience so far.

If I have taken anykind of OTC painreliver, like asprin for a headache or something, in the 48 hours before I have been spanked I will bruise more.

Ice packs after keeps down the bruising.

Vitamin E liquid capsules broke open and rubbed in help a wee bit.

Keeping the blood circulation away from the area by not sitting or laying bottom down after helps.

and drinking lots of water for 2 days after helps flush things out and makes any bruising go away faster.

I do not know if this will help you or not as each persons body is so very different, but I thought I should share the things that seem to help me.
Vixie
Rank 1
Rank 1

spam_b: The only spam I know what to do with is the kind you eat for dinner when money is tight.
How did you find the board?: Through a search engine. I think it was google, but I have had it bookmarked for a couple of weeks and can't remember for sure. I was up late doing alot of searching that night.

Next

Return to Physical health