[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - Body memories

Body memories

Some of us had perfect happy bunny rainbow ice cream childhoods. Some of us had childhoods that were reasonably okay. And some of us were abused. Much as I'd like to pretend it has nothing to do with my life now, I know that those old issues can rear their ugly heads. Not to mention coping with the judgmental tone a lot of the "healing" literature takes about S/M, let alone the disciplinary stuff.

Body memories

Postby Cammy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:24 am

Cammy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby W-Jigsaw'sBoss » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:42 am

Cammy-

we hadn't heard from you in a while, glad you checked in.

Body memories are really scary. Make sure you have something grounding you to help you realize that you're a grownup and away from all that- touch the wall that feels different or look at your apartment and say "this is my apartment" or that kind of thing, so you don't get lost in the memory.

Sending you many hugs

RT
W-Jigsaw'sBoss
Cheesy Goodness
Cheesy Goodness

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Postby Cammy » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:14 pm

RT
I had a body memory sort of thing going on the other evening. I am guessing that I was dissociating, because I really felt like an observer. I could not really get to my "safe place" but I could in my imagary summon a person to be here with me. I did journal while the whole thing was going on, but I really did not feel like I was in a position to say, "this is not happening now."

It did feel real, and I was able to journal some stuff. I have only looked at it once since that happened, because it feels really strange to read what was written when I am not sure how much was me.....it was in a handwriting that is not one I have seen me use often and I am not sure I knew about everything in the journaling.

Thanks for listening.
Cammy
Cammy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Return to What we have survived