[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 487: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 682: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
This thing we do • View topic - Should a wife be disciplined on vacation ???

Should a wife be disciplined on vacation ???

What punishments have worked for you? Which made you (or your partner) feel frustrated or resentful?

This is the meta forum, focused more on general talk.

Re: Should a wife be disciplined on vacation ???

Postby DisciplinedHousewife » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:17 pm

My guts are churning right now with anxiety. I've been trying to distract myself so I won't be sick! I was out running some last minute errands this afternoon and rushing around. Well low and behold I got a speeding ticket!!! Of course it was a woman cop too so I had no chance of getting out of it. Of all the luck! We're leaving in a couple of hours and my husband will be home at 7.

Oh man I am in deep sh*t Arkansas! I practically begged her to let me off but she wouldn't. I just cannot believe this happened. I wasn't even going very fast.

The thing is I have to tell him on the day I get a ticket or he considers this lying on top of the ticket if I don't...an EXTREMELY serious offence. How could I get a ticket on the very day we're leaving!!! This is too cruel. :banghead:

I CANNOT tell him! He will frigging freak! I just cannot start our vacation this way. I'm gonna tell him when we get back. What choice do I have after all. He might even make me stay home!!! Omg this is so bad and I am so mad at myself for not being more careful.

I gotta go get myself together because he'll be home soon and I don't want him to be suspicious. I hate lying but the timing is just too crazy. It will put him in an angry mood and I just cannot spoil it. I know I am going to be SEVERELY dealt with though, when I do tell him. I'm absolutely dreading it. :(

Gotta go. Oh Lana, I am in horrible trouble! No one needs to tell me it's all my fault...I know it. I gotta go dry my eyes and make sure I don't look like I've been crying. I'm so upset I could throw up.

Not sure when you'll hear from me again. I'm not telling him until we get back home. I've made up my mind. You guys probably think it's wrong but I just can't do it right now.

Bye for now, gang. We actually leave this evening...I had it wrong about the times. I wish I could disappear off the planet. See ya.

Disciplined Housewife :(
DisciplinedHousewife
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b:
How did you find the board?:

Postby Huney » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:36 pm

I actually can't stand NOT being punished on vacation LOL. I always feel a bit unsettled when I'm out of town away from my home and my dogs and my normal life LOL, and punishments help me feel more secure.... In a few months we are going camping with my husbands parents for 10 days.... Wonder how punishments will work out for us then LOL.

But anyway, maybe you could try to look at it like a little piece of back home that you get to take on vacation with you.... Like when you were a kid and you took a picture of your parents when you stayed the night at your friends house.... except instead its a spanking on vacation LOL
Huney
Rank 2
Rank 2

spam_b:

Postby lana » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:21 pm

Oh dear, DH.
It might be wrong but id prolly want to do the same thing. Wait and tell him later I mean. Speeding is a very serious thing for us and it worries my hoh to death and angers him when he finds out Ive been speeding or driven dangerously. Id also hate to ruin the vacation.
However, heres 3 main reasons to confess right away:
1 Keeping it a secret undermines the trust youve built up .
2. He will eventually find out anyway. When you do tell him, he might want to see the ticket and it will have the date on it when it happened and you will get a worse punishment for lying (Such as soap ugh).
3. You wont have to keep worrying and have it hanging over your head. You can take your medicine and clear the air. The worse will be a spanking and some early bedtimes. I doubt very much hed cancel the trip now that the tickets are bought. He might even praise you for being so honest when you didnt have to tell at all, right?

I might be able to put off telling my hoh for a while. But when I do, I usually become worried or guilty about what i did or worried he'll find out, and he senses this and i get spanked till i do confess and then its two crimes--carelessness and lying by omission. (I did this same thing when i put my $320 cell phone thru the wash (2nd time) and waited to try to fix it before telling him.)
Whatever you decide, I am hoping your vacation goes well. Ive only been once and it was a once in a lifetime thing.
lana
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b:

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:41 pm

Nic

Sing 'til you're breaking glass
or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Tue May 01, 2012 12:40 am

JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby altbob » Tue May 01, 2012 12:41 am

@JA - maybe it's like the royal We? Since you are a royal pain in the....
I mean since you are the Queen of the board.
altbob
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Tue May 01, 2012 1:12 am

:prince: <== That's me.

Perhaps it *is* the royal we.

And, actually, I remembered that there are a couple of long-time members who have offered to help with moderating, to the extent that they can delete spammers if I don't catch them first. So I suppose that, technically, there are more moderators than just me.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby lana » Tue May 01, 2012 2:02 am

Dear SG
I always believe someone until i have reason not to. I think its not right to accuse a new person of being fake or a troll when we have not even got to know them yet . I havent felt any judgments coming from her but i do feel SHE is being judged prematurely-- possibly because she has a lighter, breezier, less intellectual style than many here do. So what ? Does everyone have to be the same? Im sure that some odd things about my dd would prolly make me unbelievable too.

I also dont see why DHW should have to develop a thick skin. and put on her grownup pants Its not the way to treat a new person .
So yes, SG, I do think in this case you are being "being overly harsh, mean"and "out of line."
JMO
lana

ps My main question is "Where's all the hostility coming from??"
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Tue May 01, 2012 6:54 am

JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby lana » Tue May 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Last edited by lana on Tue May 01, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b:

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Tue May 01, 2012 9:20 pm

JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby lana » Wed May 02, 2012 3:06 am

Im an introvert in RL too and i also like a group with about 2 or 3 dozen active members. But I think the newbies are important too. :thinking:
lana :ewok:
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b:

Postby Sara'sGirl(SG) » Wed May 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Lana,

Thanks for your input. And I mean that sincerely; that's one of the things I value about this board.

DH has said things that have come across TO ME as alternately completely outlandish or rude/judgmental. I don't bear her any ill will. I also am not interested in pretending I believe her if I don't. I'm also not going to keep quiet when she (or anyone) challenges some of the things that I think make this board so great (like by saying she thinks it's wrong of the mods not to step in when someone says something she doesn't like).

I like newbies too. There are many of them that I am glad to see here and have enjoyed reading.

I'm not willing to change my beliefs or avoid saying something that I think is important. Big bruhau? Not so much.

I'm willing to heed (at least somewhat!) J's request for more "I statements." I'm NOT willing to keep my mouth shut when I think BS is going on. DH can grow a thicker skin or not as she chooses, that was simply a suggestion based on what I found annoying in her posts. :chapeau:
Nic

Sing 'til you're breaking glass
or you're breaking down

~Idina Menzel

Sara'sGirl(SG)
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b:

Postby lana » Wed May 02, 2012 4:17 pm

Thanks SG
Now I see where your coming from. Thinking about it, two things she said are a little hard to believe but im willing to wait and see . I have met a few other women over the yrs in other forums who have hoh's just as or more strict than hers.

Getting spanked in front of company is a fantasy of a lot of people so maybe that part was made up or exagerrated --dont know. Just want to give the benefit of the doubt.
Usually if it is a fantasizer or a troll, they come and go because the effort of a detailed sustained fiction is too much work.

I do apologize to you though, SG--you have the right to confront someone who you dont believe and she prolly should expect to get some raised eyebrows since her reality (if its real) is on the more severe side of ttwd-- which she seems to be well aware of.
lana :ewok:
ps--My concern actually would be not for DHW so much as for a complete newbie who is pretty clearly in an abusive situation where the members dont believe her and drive her away the second day she joins.
lana
Rank 4
Rank 4

spam_b:

Postby artlover » Wed May 02, 2012 4:59 pm

artlover
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b:

PreviousNext

Return to Punishments