Shopping Tomorrow!!!

Which do you love? Which do you hate? Which are effective? Which are delightfully noisy? Which have the utility of a wet noodle?

Re: Shopping Tomorrow!!!

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Hey, Football Junkie! Nice to see you!!

My own observation has been that the thinner the implement, the more it stings, and the thicker the implement, the more you get a "thud" effect.

The cane W and I have is very thin, which means it's almost all sting, but doesn't leave the kind of "track marks" that one expects from a cane, because it doesn't hit all that deeply. The times that W's used a thicker cane-style implement, it didn't sting as much, but the pain lasted a whole lot longer.

Those with a greater variety of experiences with canes can probably chime in with more info.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby Lady Governess » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:35 am

Hey FJ,

Just because Amethyst is away this weekend, I'll chime in and let you know that 'fancy cane' is (I believe) a delrin cane she and Obsidian bought that has a really ornate metal handle. I believe it's about medium in weight and thickness. I'm sure Amethyst will explain in detail when she gets back from her trip though. I just didn't want you wondering all weekend!
Lady Governess
Rank 3
Rank 3

spam_b: I am not a spammer. I eat spammers.
How did you find the board?: Recommendation from a friend.

Postby Lady Governess » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:16 am

And one more thing......Thank you for the information about the Tops' default group. That's all set now and my stick picture is spanking away like a demon.

Thank you ladies. xxx
Lady Governess
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Eayore » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:05 pm

amethyst wrote:The biting is really painful, maybe technically not as painful as the other three, but feels really nasty.

I am not sure if this is the same thing, but we used to have an implement which I found gave a "biting" sensation. And I really didn't like it. It felt like that because I could sort of imagine someone was sinking their teeth in and squeezing. Come to think of it, my little sister did bite me a cople of times when we were both quite small, so maybe that is what the sensation was reminding me of.

The emotional feeling was also quite different for me to being caned. With a caning, I know I am being punished - with all the good and bad thoughts and feelings that go with that. However, with this particular implement it was more like being in a fight that I was losing.
Eayore
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: What is a spam bot?
How did you find the board?: From the Punishment Book

Postby JigsawAnalogy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:10 pm

Eayore wrote:The emotional feeling was also quite different for me to being caned. With a caning, I know I am being punished - with all the good and bad thoughts and feelings that go with that. However, with this particular implement it was more like being in a fight that I was losing.

That's something I've noticed. There are a few implements that I've basically said just don't work. It isn't that the other implements hurt any less, because sometimes they even hurt more. It's about what emotional response gets called up by a given implement. For me, the ones that set off a panicky response are just not effective--I get it with really sting-y implements, or ones that have a particular sort of thud. The belt or the big paddle or the cane hurt just as much, but don't make me panic.
JigsawAnalogy
rank 6
rank 6

spam_b: I am not a spammer, I *delete* spammers!
How did you find the board?: Hm. Well, I was poking around in my imagination, and there it was.

Postby Meg » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:00 pm

FootballJunkie wrote:Can you explain the difference between all of the canes? I expected Papa, Mama, and Baby Cane, but what is Fancy Cane????

Lady Governess wrote:Just because Amethyst is away this weekend, I'll chime in and let you know that 'fancy cane' is (I believe) a delrin cane she and Obsidian bought that has a really ornate metal handle. I believe it's about medium in weight and thickness. I'm sure Amethyst will explain in detail when she gets back from her trip though.

Thank you, LG, for explaining for me when I was away, and the description was accurate :)

Obsidian went a little cane crazy when we were shopping, and one of the vendors had a deal for three finished rattan canes with a case. We had already bought the Fancy Cane. The handle is not all that ornate, but is silver, and the cane part is black and is really pretty. The rattan canes look like a cane family...so, I named them as such. Papa is the heaviest weight, Mama is medium, and Baby is thin and rather shorter. Together they really do look like a family. Fancy Cane is about the same weight as Mama Cane, but having felt both, I think that Fancy Cane hurts a little more than Mama Cane.

I have a tendency to name things, so I can understand your confusion. :lol:
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b: I am a real person, not a spammer
How did you find the board?: Through a google search

Postby FootballJunkie » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:10 am

Thanks LG and amethyst! That helps a lot. Is there a difference besides intensity between Mama, Papa, and Fancy cane?? Just curious...I dunno the first thing about canes, except a little of what they look like and what they are made of :D
Amethyst, I love that you name things! I do that quite a bit too!
FootballJunkie
mmmm
mmmm

spam_b: I am most definitely not a spammer.
How did you find the board?: Google Search!

Postby Meg » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:49 pm

FootballJunkie wrote:Is there a difference besides intensity between Mama, Papa, and Fancy cane??

I'm not a good one to ask, as I tend to have a rather right-brained approach to implements. Unless the feel is really different, like Baby's bite, my analysis of the feeling is just, well, "Ouch!" Papa has a bit of a richer feel to him...but the quality of all those three is similar...so far as I am aware of.
Meg
rank 5
rank 5

spam_b: I am a real person, not a spammer
How did you find the board?: Through a google search

Postby wicked nurse » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:18 pm

Lady Governess wrote:
Oh...did I forget to mention that the thin ones are also nasty ones? Ooops! Just goes to show that life is full of surprises!

On the bright side.....Baby cane's bite shouldn't last long.

Obsidian - Nicely played! For future reference, if ever 'someone' has a numb butt from a paddling or something, 6 to 12 with a good thin baby cane can bite right through the numbness, restore a lot the feeling and give you plenty of sensation for round two.

And before the bottoms get all riled up, may I remind you that you all have been wishing for more top voices around here. What did you expect? Sympathy? Hahahaha!

:walklike: :walklike: :walklike:

:yeahthat:
I haven't had the pleasure of reading many of your posts yet but I can already tell that I love you. And I loathe you.
wicked nurse
Rank 1
Rank 1

spam_b: I am most definitely not a spam bot.
How did you find the board?: Bing search for dd (many google searches did not reveal this
Site)

Postby Lady Governess » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:13 am

I haven't had the pleasure of reading many of your posts yet but I can already tell that I love you. And I loathe you.

And that is just the way I like things to be!

:hiphip: :hiphip: :hiphip:
Lady Governess
Rank 3
Rank 3

Previous

Return to Implements